Fastest car on the planet is an electric sedan

>fastest car on the planet is an electric sedan
When are we getting an electric sportscar from Tesla? Shouldn't we be able to get sub 2 seconds 0-60 times?
5e

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nAvIVGGhEis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sub 2 is near impossible unless you're a top fuel thingy with huge lift surfaces

the roadster 2 will be right on 2.0 for the 0-60; Elon said so a while ago. The trick is good battery cooling. Should be a powerful little bugger

>this image
>fastest car on the planet
Alphonse thread, do not reply.

still the fastest production car in history. pretty impressive for a 8 seater sedan desu

im not alphonse????????

I think they discontinued the read child seats. So only 5 seater, oh well

>first result when you search for tesla model s
>surprised when people use it for tesla threads

jeez arent you assblassted

>one launch
>Battery loses charge
>Overheats
>Goes into limp mode

This nigger has been shitting this place up for three years. Excuse me for recognizing patterns. Its moreso the text. The statement as a reply with tons of question marks confirms it. Now stop replying.

it's not a corvette retard. sperg more

Word choices. It's the quickest car.

Not the fastest.

The S only looses 1.5% on a full launch control or thereabouts. The Texas dude who drag races his p100d can attest to that

wrong. it's the fastest on the planet. prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't

Poor babby is triggered

he's right tho
quickest ≠ fastest. The S craps out at sustained 100+mph runs

then again, 0-40 and 55-70 are the most important daily metrics, despite the memes that suggest otherwise

He takes multiple Tesla's and cherry picks who he races. Each video he only races 3 or so times.

ALPHONSE THREAD YOU DUMB SHITS DO NOT REPLY

that's not true. Plenty of vids show him loosing. How many times does a normal person race at a drag nighttime thing anyways?

either way it still looses 1.5% or so. Why are we having this conversation again? Every tesla thread on Veeky Forums fills in the proverbial themed Veeky Forums tells thread bingo sheet

Except he doesn't???? sperg more
obsessed

Its quick,not fast. Important distinction.
Quick acceleration, but once it stretches it legs it doesn't have much top end. A bunch of ho-hum sports cars could catch up to it just after a 1/4 mile, and they're also capable of far better handling throughout turns.
A big part of Tesla's problem stems from the 1000lb slab of 18650 cells in a sealed oil bath. They created more of a rocket sled than a car, and its damn heavy. That isn't likely to change any time soon. These batteries(which are totally off the shelf Panasonic cells) have been around for half a decade or longer, and nothing much with them has changed. There has been no major change to battery chemistry to be commercialized in years and this will probably be the case for years to come.
No one has figured out how to efficiently mass produce a new battery chemistry that is higher energy density, lower volatility, and retains or improves charge/discharge cycle characteristics of current batteries. Until this happens EVs are going pretty much nowhere. Its just stagnation hidden by improved software and convenience gimmicks.

Sure you could build a lighter EV that will accelerate quicker, have more top end, and corner better than Tesla's current lot, but then you're looking at something with only enough battery for a short jaunt. You'd have to give up on practical range until you had the energy density required to power that machine.

The notion that EVs are "here" is completely false. They're only viable for short city-suburb trips. They're not something you can reliably commute to work in an hour each way. One night where you forget to plug in the trickle charger and you'll be running on low battery on your way home, and if your EV dies roadside there is no walking to a gas station with a can. You're calling a tow truck, a gas burning tow truck.

NOOOOOOOOO. DELET THIS.

0-60 is the only important day to day metric tho. also nobody cares about lap times nor do they travel more than 100 miles a day.

FUCKING RETARDS STOP
YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME MAKING REASONABLE POSTS IN A THREAD MADE BY THE BIGGEST SHITTER ON THIS BOARD.
LURK MOAR IF YOU CANNOT RECOGNIZE AN ALPHONSE THREAD BY NOW.

>Alphonsell!!!! mommy!!!!

this. no one travels more than 100 miles a day

the TM3 is very compatible in weight to other luxury cars of similar size. Don't have the exact chart on my right now.

also, energy density has seen small improvements YoY. Nothing to scoff at. Look at how far tesla is pushing the 50kwh in the base 3 - it's a combination of going to permanent magnet motors and a slew of other efficiency improvements. As for your statement about batteries in general, the shortcomings don't matter when you half the cost of a 50kwh pack. They matter even less when you halve it again. That's why they've dumped a couple billon into a hiueg factory.

Your last statement is just completely false. EVs are permanently here. EVs will progressively gain market share at a low exponential rate for the perceivable future.

I travel about 97 miles to work 5 days a week, and I have for the past 2 years now.

My daily commute to uni is 51 miles one way?
Am I not real?

this is a car board, so it is inevitable that the general sense of commuting is skewed. Here are some US statistics.

a 2013 leaf is good for the majority, for the majority of the time. 150 miles is plenty, for most, for most of the time. It just makes sense to keep a 150 mile EV, and a cheap 3k civic for the longer trips etc

More data, with past values. Furthermore, out of every commute to work, only 1/200 is over fifty miles one way.

Sure that's like 3 million people, but it is insignificant in the long run.

>When are we getting an electric sportscar from Tesla?
Are you retarded?

Tesla has never won le mans

Neither has North American Bus Industries or New Flyer, yet they get millions of people to work each day. Fuck, the goalposts must be in Jupiter by now

youtu.be/nAvIVGGhEis
You're welcome

drag racing goes /lgbt/

Its a meme ya dip

Its an incredibly unfunny one, stop spamming it and the rest of this garbage all of you shitters post every day.

Speaking of space.... I don't see any Tesla's on the moon. Just a GM. Really makes you think.

>electric GM
>folds into a triangle
>remote control camera
>control it with a joystick

Jeez cars were way cooler back in the 70s

>fastest car on the planet is an electric sedan
Sperg more.

DO YOU EVEN GOOGLE?

A Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport, the world's fastest road legal production car with a top speed of 431.072 km/h (267.856 mph)

The Model S P85D, a dual motor all-wheel drive vehicle has a governed top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h) and it accelerates from 0 to 60 miles per hour (0 to 97 km/h) in 3.2 seconds (tested to 3.1 seconds), under "Insane Mode", with 1g of acceleration.

the fxxk does it on 2.2
the fxxk evo does it on 1.9
also no we wont see any sports car considering that ferrari had to create a beast with 500 volts on 60hz
tesla wont built such a thing for the road its simply too dangerous right now

Now your just trolling. Its the "QUICKEST CAR" not fastest dumbfuck this is why people hate Tesla drivers and im glad I did not buy one. oh wait I bet you are too poor to even buy a Model S hahaha go suck Musks dick he might discount a Model 3 for you

t. has never finished the nurburgring

The voltage a tesla uses is already dangerous to humans.
And I don't know how you think frequency is dangerous.
A tesla could kill you in a heart beat because of its high voltage battery array that can discharge in the area of hundreds of amps.

this, they're so obsessed lol

That's within the range of a Leaf, get one of those and swap the entire cor for less than the cost of a new battery on a Tesla every five years.

>sedan
its the only car shape they could make so pig fat and get away with
no doubt at least half of its mass is in the battery

Koichi Sugimoto, analyst at UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities in Tokyo, says
“There really is no outstanding attractive quality about an electric vehicle,”

Why is it so sad? :c

Presumably why Tesla need to issue junk bonds.

Every single time this thread devolves to
>PROVE ME WRONG

Sage goes in all fields

sperg more