/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/204335
youtube.com/watch?v=PWLU6JT0OXE
youtube.com/watch?v=6sh_RD93Zvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dammit lucy no one will show up now

Now children this how the mother of forlorn met her beloved pyromancer known as dunnel!

plz help

VGR: 22
ATT: 35
END: 20
VIT: 22
STR: 15
DEX: 16
INT: 36
FTH: 36
LCK: 7

Black Leather boot/gauntlet, Shadow chest

Pyromancy Flame/Demon's Scar/Pyromancer's Parting Flame

Pyromancy Flame/Dragon Crest Shield

Witches/Great Swamp/Carthus Bloodring

Chaos Bed/Boulder/Fire Whip/Great Combustion

Is parting flame worth the one level in dex? And what ring should I use if not clutch? Sage's?

Rip in peace, thread.

Luci, how old are you? What's your occupation? Just curious.

Parting flame is worth it if you want an off hand option for using black flame. It is hand for punishing parry finishers when you are using something other than the demon scar as your melee weapon.

Neet

Not Dark Souls related.

>invade host with 2 phantoms
>be friendly
>spam emotes for 5 minutes
>he has to go up the ladder with the "show your humanity" text
>I climb the ladder first, host goes second, followed by his 2 phantoms
>come all the way to the top
>"this opportunity is too good"
>slide down and start kicking the host
>his 2 phantoms arent fast enough to react so he is stuck
>Host of embers destroyed

Now I know how Patches feel

I keep seeing people with melee builds that focus on chaos/dark infusion.

How exactly do you make them work? Do you just level up str/dex/int/fth evenly? Also which one is better of the two infusion types?

Were you purple? That's excellent purple behaviour.

This is what I use, Demon Scar and Dark Lothric Knight Sword

Just get base stats for str and dex, then level up int and faith evenly.

You only use chaos or dark on a pyro or hex build, because spellcasters don't usually rely solely on spells because of FP limitations, they need a backup weapon. Chaos/Dark scales off the stats they levelled for their spells, and thus would be better for them than the basic weapon with a buffable infusion.

Dark Claymore is better damage wise than the Onyx Blade, for example, even if it has slightly less reach.

Nah I was a Red

Need that Obscuring ring

I don't suppose anyone knows if the butcher knife works with the pontif's left eye? Like if they work together and have a decent enough health regen.
Purple newbie here. How do I purple properly. Seems like a bad idea to engage in a fair fight since it's going to be a gank squad vs my poor unprotected asshole.

>hex
I keep hearing this but is it a thing from DS2? I don't recall hexes being a thing otherwise.

@178296495
fucking cringe

That sounds fun, and like said, you should be purple, at least change after getting enough tongues for the ring.

Hex will probably stick for int/fai, just like Quality stuck for Str/Dex

Dark sorceries and dark miracles are hexes. They mostly suck.

FTFY. Only autists think they're doing anything by not replying properly.
>Le cringe
Or redditors.

Man is it just me, or is dueling with STR weapons fucking boring?

You basicly on have the option of using R1, and wait for your opponent to do something retarded.

Like, I love using heavy weapons for invading, thats where they truly shine, and I have a fuckton of fun with them. But with duels its the most boring shit.

Tell me about lantern guy, why do the zombies like him?

Dick around. If the host attacks you, fight them. If they play along, wait for an opportunity to dickstab them in a fun way.

You're purple. Be spontaneous. Be interesting.

I would be a purple, if they didnt fucking get kicked out of worlds, as soon as they kill one guy.

I love invading, especially when you get into big group fights.
Purples have fun lore and stuff, I just dont like how From designed the gameplay around the covenant, sadly

When you guys purple, do you invade, or try to be summoned?

Blues are so desperate it's sad.

He's the alarm. Kill him and everybody else won't bother doing anything.

Purples have that rule so that they can choose to randomly murder the host's buddy for giggles and still be rewarded.

Duels are garbage that's why. Many rings and weapons become viable during invasions, and you can't be passive forever if you want to kill the host before more phantoms show up.

>Acts like a Pretentious, arrogant and prentending thread Authority
>Is a virgin waifu sub human
epik lulz

Good reactions on Sunbro's part though

How likely am I to be summoned for Vordt if im SL 25?

Half and half, honestly, but since my main character is already finished I just tend to invade most of the time nowadays.

Maybe after 20 minutes.

You're basically relegated to people who farmed Lothric Knights for titanite and people who rushed Dancer, and neither of them are going to need your help in all likelihood.

I want to do a Dan build. Other than CotMK, what are some ABSOLUTE MADMAN weapons I could use. Armor?

Purples would be better if they had the option of killing the host, or if they let him pass the boss fog, they would basically become another white phantom.

It would give them and hosts an incentive not to be immediately hostile towards one another, while still being a threat. It would have made them the actual wild cards they were meant to be.

It's neat to finally see fake ghosts from the other perspective they really do completely look like ghosts

Dan build is luck build.

>Greatclub
Is it fun to use?
I agree.

the waiting list for vordt is actually huge because there's always 12 summon signs at a time there

How so? I like, since I also wanted to make luck build.

Also make the untrue white ring disguise their summon sign as white too, and make them act as a white phantom until they take it off (As long as they aren't in the boss room)

That way it'll be really out of nowhere when they turn on the host.

Just imagine the crushing betrayal.

How (un)fun would playing a INT/FTH fist wizard be? How would one best utilize the Caestus for that?

Does anyone have a spare corvian greatknife to drop on PC. Plain dagger is a pain to play with.

Ok so I consider myself an OK pvp'er

But i still have a hard time using R2s when it comes to Ultra weapons.
Vordst, Ledos, Greatsword, and stuff like that.

How to properly bait and use these attacks.
THey feel like deat weight

Only if it worked like the sunbro and red signs where you can still tell the difference if you pay attention.

Corvian is harder to play as a dagger since it lacks quickstep

that's basically what I'm doing
Grab pyromancer class so you can shuryuken fuckers to start

At about 15 to 20 i get summoned within a minute usually on ps4.

25 is pretty high

Humiliating retards for using shit like friede's WA

Spend half the match spamming r1 first to lull them into a false sense of security

I prefer to spacing though. The first 2h r1 is great.

R1 then do random charges on r2. They will usually time their roll to go through your r1 and roll into r2.

I've caught a few people like that.

Would post some webms but it takes too much effort to make them.

I guess it could have slightly different squiggles.

Holy shit I just realized that ds2 and bb are only 1 year apart yet the latter looks centuries ahead in every aspect.

>bell keepers
>acquire upgrade materials for pvp

a madman gnome & 2 rudimentary level designs ended up being the greatest covenant ever.

make seeking guidance miracle see through it as well

Just make it white with a purple tint.

You don't really need the covenant for chunks though, SOTFS is very generous with upgrade materials. There are slabs & chunks laying on the floor everywhere.

>friedes weapon art getting used for anything but last hitting

I want to make her a thing but I could have sworn the grand lance was a dex fag weapon

>game developed for PS4 looks better than game gutted to run on PS3

it's DS2 you shouldn't even try and make sense out of it

Felicia deserved to be in DS3 though

Framerate is the only thing that matters.

And?
Still a shitty game

Nah, gutting the lighting and such from DaS2was a huge deal.

And my shitpost succinctly explained the disparity between the two games' visual styles, you fucking dense shitter.

Playing SotFS for the first time. Right now I'm two-handing the rapier with the Blossom Kite Shield on my back. Ultimately I want to power stance the Warped Sword with my rapier, but that's still very far off due to the Warped Sword having high stat requirements. Are there any weapons that I should consider power stancing with my rapier in the meanwhile? Is it worth ditching the stamina regen shield for power stancing?

>Felicia deserved to be in DS3 though
How so? What's the story behind her?
>retards

This is my dark chaos build. mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/204335

You basically make it quality with a 30/30 for max scaling in dark/chaos. Chaos is good for ripostes and dark is better for chipping and general damage, but you should carry both infusions on hand optimally on hand, because Faith is really popular right now and they resist dark a lot, and there's the most common case of strenght users, and they resist fire damage a lot. There's no better, they're situational, but you will mostly be using dark.

They work like any normal melee build with the difference that now shields don't matter much to you, and that's why they're strong.

You wrote it like you defend that shitty game boi

Forest hunters was far better than bell keepers.

youtube.com/watch?v=PWLU6JT0OXE

>invade in dragon barracks
>about to lose the invasion
>Zero estus left with blue summoned in
>Try to spite the blue by black crystal out in his "face"
>He interrupts me
>He suddenly becomes really thirsty and runs after me into mobs
>White phantom joins in too
>They get slaughtered
>It turns the whole invasion around and I kill the host

Felt so good.

Why is chaos better for ripost over dark?

i have no fucking idea, most people took more damage from chaos than dark.

The secrets of the universe revealed now.

w-whoa

shield gives %5, ditch it
powerstancing sucks
rapier is the best weapon
equip ring of blades
find leo ring
find flynns ring
buy 99 resins
destroy everything

>You're purple. Be spontaneous. Be interesting.
Be patches?
Yeah I know that feeling.
>invade in catacombs
>Guy killing shit with his UGS
>well shit I guess I can handle thi-
>Blueberries, as in plural, show up
>fuck this, time to bail
>run towards skeleton mob before bridge
>blues and host follow
>plan on letting the mob finish the-
>oh god they're slaughtering the mob in seconds!
>continue bailing
>running across bridge
>they're chasing me
>Running light attack as I reach the edge, hittinng the post
>both blues were chasing me
>now they're dead
>host is getting swarmed by, like, a dozen skeletons that came out of nowhere
Not really so much revenge as petty victory but it still felt good. Being purple is best way to go. Just need to find a way to get to toxic mist without dying so I can upgrade my cloud.

what's the stability on the elemental defence shields I wonder if they'll be worth using

the only elemental shield you should ever bother with is lightning lothric knight shield and MAYBE crystal lothric knight greatshield. and no they aren't worth using at all

ZULLIE WHAT DID YOU DO?

What the fuck is this

Explain this

R8 my washing pole build.

I'm not sure if I should go with Prisoner's Chain and put another 10 points into DEX which will add 17 AR.

THREE
EIGHTY
SEVEN

When I equip lloyds sword ring at full hp and look at stat screen I dont see any difference in AR. flynns ring doesnt work too, anyone else having this issue?

Isn't it possible to heal the Spear of the Church as Phantom?

didnt mean to reply

What should I replace my shield with?

Would twohanding the rapier or powerstance with rapier+longsword be better? Twohanding now, that's why I've got the stamina regen shield on my back.

Wew looks like I had two of those rings on me already, need to look for Flynn's when I get to the DLC.

are we posting cunts?
youtube.com/watch?v=6sh_RD93Zvo

no one uses shields in DaS2
twohanding makes you stunlock everyone

So I'll just ditch my shield for the weight reduction. Thanks user.

You should play naked. Equip load lowers stamina regen. Every fight becomes a staring contest.

>tfw already in Smouldering Lake with some good weapons
>still getting summoned as the fun police near Crucifix Road and Cathedral
god damn I love destroying dick ass invaders with my higher level equipment

You have 10 seconds to come up with a reason why there shouldn't be a ring that deactivates rolls but grants standing poise

Because poise is dead

She's strong and cute.
Also she could've used the lance to give people ideas on builds around it.

>series ended before we got a summon skeleton hex

why live