/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #776 - It's Actually Fucking Happening Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tyson_hesse/status/869600426508693504
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fest

What floor, boys?

Third for climbing & punching & Knuckles.

i'll just punch 2 so hard the button breaks and it sends me to hidden palace zone

Mario's penthouse of course.

K

Kek

KNUCKLES FLOOR

There's a difference between romhacking old games and modifying new ones we don't have tools for. As neat as it'd be to modify Sonic Mania and see new stuff or such in there, it's a lot more complex than people think; the most we got for something like Sonic CD '11 was a sprite swap to turn Sonic to Metal Sonic.

REMINDER THAT THE NEXT THREAD IS LITERALLY 777

It has to be Jackpot Edition.

Reminder to post more Bump lewds.

>18$
Whoa, i didn't expect that

How do you guys make these so fast?

Agrees

I loved the Tyson Hesse animated trailer so much. I would drawfag from the inspiration, but my scanner is broken.

So here's a question, if Amy was playable in Mania and she played like she did in the Advanced Games and Metal Sonic was playable and he play like how Sonic playable in CD then who would be the 3rd character?

I asking because I would like to think that Beating the Game with Sonic would unlock Amy if she's playable in Mania and the same thing would be for Metal but with Tails.

So who does that leave for Knuckles to unlock?

Please give me your ideas on who the 3rd playable unlockable character would be and how would they play like.

>So here's a question, if Amy was playable in Mania
Can we stop with this fantasy?
It's not happening.

>How do you guys make these so fast?
The second I saw the trailer I downloaded it to make them.

I guess we'll just have to see.

Knuckles unlocks Buddy

He's not saying it's happening, he's just asking a fun question.

>REMINDER THAT THE NEXT THREAD IS LITERALLY 777
>It has to be Jackpot Edition.
Good point.

Aaaawwwwww yeeeeaaaahhhhhh

Everyday, I question Force's existence.

>Everyday, I question Force's existence.
I've stopped doing that at this point.
I don't understand it, but there are people that are excited for it, and that's fine. I'm not going to be cynical about it.
Mania is all I need.

You're doing God's work user

Do you have the one of Knuckles going FUCKING FAST

SEGA wants to make another Sonic game to sell in the year. We're getting two good-great games a year, I'm not gonna question much.

Part of me wishes Modern had this much care put into it.

Thread positivity and comfyness is the highest in a while

Now I do.

Part of the trick to it I think, and I know people that like the boost games will agree with me, is that they need to stop classic pandering in the modern games. It's holding them back from improving the modern gameplay by devoting resources to nostalgia.

I'm sure it does, just in the weirdest places.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, KNUX
He's faster than Sonic!

All the social media meme posting makes sense after forces announcement. Sega knows they're making 'sonic meme the game'.
I've given up on muh dead comics. I might just become a classicfag.

I feel like marathoning all the classic 8 and 16 bit games.

The art style looks a lot like Hesse's Sonic. Are they just using the Mega Drive comics as a framework for how Classic Sonic would look in any 2D media now? Not that I'm complaining.

Probably. If ST spent more time improving the Boost style & less on Classic, the games would be much, much better off.

Dude, it is Tyson Heese. He's doing the cutscenes.

Thanks for the heads up

It's taken some time for me to come to terms with it, but the comic needed to die.
I accept that now.

Yup

Thanks

Jesus Christ Knuckles Slow down!

Lemme off on 3.

>Dark ages meme

Didn't need to die, but they are dead.

This is a great idea, I like it.

We should have at least gotten the last Mega Drive issue.

>It is Hesse
Sauce? Not that I don't believe you.

I think he means that the series needed a sacrifice. I died for our sins.

Drawfag now, scan later when the situation is fixed.

twitter.com/tyson_hesse/status/869600426508693504

I'm not really making a dark ages reference as much as a reference to the comic as a whole.
The second it was rebooted, it was from then on out on life support. Not becsuse it wss lacking in quality writing and art, quite the contrary, but just because they said fuck it to the world they had built up and just did funny slapstick game centric issues. Which was fine, but it was just more of an extra sonic merchandise than it's own thing.

It was onky hurting /sthg/ and the base.
It's gone nowm and for the better.

Best part is he's outrunning the train if you look carefully enough.

It's credited in the trailer video description.

Agreed.

I'm at peace with it being over now.
We have forces and mania to look forward to and beyond. The comic is in the past, just like fleetway before it.

The camera can't even keep up

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Well, I could have spelled better, but I digress.

>they said fuck it to the world they had built up
It wasn't that great of a world to begin with, considering all the shit that had been contributed to it before Ian took over. And you're acting like the reboot didn't do a ton of world-building, mostly by doing what SEGA should do but won't, namely creating a consistent universe and continuity to place the games in.

I mean I have been trying to fix it for a while now and nothing seems to work, but I could always take bad photos on my phone.

But yeah, throw a character my way and I'll probably draw him/her. Here's an example.

Nah. It was too shallow and safe, and in the scope of the comic short as well.
It's over now. And that's for the best

Eh, I don't really agree but what does it matter at this point?
I'm hoping /sthg/ can just become more game centric now.

>It was onky hurting /sthg/ and the base.
There's no saving either of these.

You mean it was actually Sonic, unlike the preboot.

After penders permafucked the series, it's better if the comic lives on in some other form from some other publisher so that they never have to pay penders a dime and he can die from his eventual heart disease he cant afford to treat because he's a washed up comic book artist

Preboot was ateast interesting, but lets not do this

If by sonic you mean predictable, then sure.

>I'm hoping /sthg/ can just become more game centric now.
So you're hoping we're going to die? Unless SEGA starts pumping out a ton of games, we won't have enough new content to have a 24/7 general without even more repetition than we already have.

Guys, please don't do this. Reboot purists are as stubborn as they come. Just let them have the last word.
I want this to be a civil thread.

I started to tear up when I made the connection. Where the fuck is the CD floor?

>caring this much about what lart of the comic people like more or less than you
Just stop.
It's dead. Don't argue over it's grave.

This

Look, can we not throw insults & petty arguments? The comic may have died before the new world truly got going, but we still have plenty of Sonic material to look forward too.

It's more like SEGA has to actually put out a game with some Meta, since every game since Shadow the Edgehog has been a "pick up for 2 hours and finish" casual boostfest with no real challenge or incentive to replay.

I just want something to do after I beat the story mode, but SEGA can't have that because that means you'll be playing games and won't be at their next Hatsune Miku concert.

How do you expect it to rank with the genesis games?

>How do you expect it to rank with the genesis games?
Forgot pic

fuck you

sonic looks like he's got some of that extra fleetway attitude going on

It'll probably be on par with 3&K, but above 2 & 1.

3&K > 2 >= CD > Mania > 1 > Rush > Advance Games

It will be very good, but i'm only expecting like 8 zones, which really isnt bad tho

It's a shame that the Archie comics seem to be dead at this point. I was hoping to see the end of Mega Drive before it went to the grave. I'm still holding on to the hope that we might see it ship out in the future since it seems to have been at least close to fully completed before it went down the drain.

Worse than 3 & Knuckles, on par with Sonic 2/CD, POSSIBLY a bit better, but I doubt it.

Probably on par with Sonic 2/CD for me.

Not going to respond to the bait that led to this post, but this post is exactly why the comics need to keep running. I can understand Sega's hesitance to make Sonic more story driven, but a lot of people enjoyed when they were or at least the world made by the story. If they don't want to approach those ideas again then fine but at least let some extended universe stuff do so in it's place. Otherwise you will continue to just alienate those who did enjoy that approach to Sonic. Even worse all of Sonic's friends will continue to be One-note characters at best or memes at worst.

See Or inversely see Leave it. It's dead.

Don't worry user. Whether it's a more action-oriented cartoon, or a new comic, here will most likely always be something action/story-driven with Sonic.

>I'm not going to respond
And of course he proceeds to write an essay.
The reboot era is dead user. It didn't even get closure. I'm sorry if you liked it that much. Better to just let it fade into memory instead of causing tensiom in the thread.

Can we focus on the games now? Good.

>when the people asking comic shitters to stop arguing outnumber the people arguing about it
This is how you know it's time to move on.

So: Let's say a Mania 2 happens. What would you add?

90% of us know that, it's just a select few reboot and preboot fags that are too imature to let it go without getting the last word.

In time they too will learn.

game isn't even out yet you sperg

100% new stages.

>So: Let's say a Mania 2 happens. What would you add?
It really depends on how much I like the retro stages. If they work well, I'd bring them back. If they are anmoying, elimitlnate them.

classic Amy, classic Shadow, and

Amy..and Metal.

>The boys as Eggman's new hentchmen
>Playable Amy
>Playable Mighty
>Freedom Fighters
>What this guy said

DUDE WEED LMAO

Gotta be honest, seeing Hesse's work on Mania really softens the blow for me about the comics. I'm down with not seeing them again if we get more fun classic Sonic shenanigans like this, even if it's just in the form of trailers or cutscenes.

Better than all 3 and CD.

The retro stages look good, but I'm not sure if I'd bring them back. Despite how good GHZ & SS looks, I'd be interested in seeing some new gimmicks

>all the passive aggressive comic is dead baiting in the thread

Just talk about Mania damn it