Just saw Doug's video on older M cars, are BMW's really that expensive in America...

Just saw Doug's video on older M cars, are BMW's really that expensive in America? They aren't anywhere near that price in Europe.

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465230837
dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/2002-bmw-m3-alpine-white/6294156376.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/bmw-e46-m3-stick-shift/6267786554.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/2002-bmw-m3-6-speed-manual/6294861777.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's becuase they sale stripped down spartan models there, and have the benefit of not having being shipped overseas.

I want Doug to intimately examine all of my quirks and cool features.

>tfw watching the video now and went on Veeky Forums as i listen to it.

weird.

and yes although those cars have low mileage hence the high price. avg E46 M3 or E39 M5 have way more miles and costs less.

Not only are they expensive to buy and run they are also among the most unreliable cars on the roads in North America

this, BMW pretty much only sells 4 cyl diesel models with very few options in Yurop.

Lol, roommate has a 540i and the motor just randomly dies every other time he drives it and it won't start unless the ECM is reset.

BMW not even onces.

Umm, no sweetie. I'm saying you can get a E46 M3 for peanuts over here, not some shitty 2.0 diesel.

>Sweetie
*unzips dick*

>watch video
>sorta tempted to buy an old BMW
>remember BMW sucks
>look at old turbo MR2's instead

not them, but, hold up...

When you pee, do you sit down, or have some special technique? Cause the way I see it, piss would just leak out between the notches of the zipper.

if its stolen in serbia, yes

because 5 minutes on autoscout24 tells me they go for the same prices as in america, just replace the dollar sign for euros, at most $2-3000 cheaper (balanced out by your retarded taxes on a high powered large displacement car)

You can get an unmodified and clean, non-bile yellow or red, E46 M3 coupe with a manual and less than 80,000 miles in the US for $10,000?

Britain doesn't have retarded taxes on high displacement engines, it really doesn't have any retarded car related taxes at all other than the absurd amount of fuel duty we pay. An E46 M3 only costs 290 pounds a year to tax. For cars before 2005 that's the highest tax band, so anything from a WRX STI to a Ferrari Enzo will only cost 290 pounds in tax. Cars made after 2005 cost a maximum of 500 pounds a year to tax, doesn't matter what the value of the car is or if its an 8.4L Viper, the most you can pay in tax is 500 pounds.

We don't pay tax from private seller to private seller at all, so I can go and buy a million quid Mclaren F1 from someone and the government doesn't get anything other than the 257 pounds road tax that pre-2001 cars cost. I think you'll find the 7% sales tax you pay buying a used car will greatly exceed the amount we pay in road tax.

I just looked it up, the cheapest non-ruined E46 M3 manual coupe in the US is $18,995.

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465230837

That's $13,000, not $10,000

Still cheap compared to what people sell them for here though

Ye I meant pounds, Veeky Forums for whatever reason won't let you use the pound sign without blocking your post.

You get blocked for typing £

£££

That's weird I've always got out of the habit of using it because every time I tried to use it I'd get a message about 'blah blah your post is spam'.

Yeah sometimes their spam filters do retarded shit, I guess they finally fixed that one

>trade seller

It's probably fucked

>England

doesn't count you have literally the cheapest used cars in the world, was looking in western europe (spain/italy/france/germany) where its $10-14k for a really beat to shit smg cabrio, and $14-22k euro for a decent manual coupe

also look on craigslist, no one aside dealers use autotrader. craigslist is free.

dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/2002-bmw-m3-alpine-white/6294156376.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/bmw-e46-m3-stick-shift/6267786554.html

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/2002-bmw-m3-6-speed-manual/6294861777.html

a ton of them are turning into collectors cars which is making it difficult to find a nice one. not gonna lie

Will never own a BMW after driving my sisters E36

UK used car market it's all fucked up due to the high insurance for performance cars.

Everything with power is bond to be cheap. Also, because it's the only country in Europe that drives on the left, no one wants to import them.

>high insurance for performance cars.

You don't have a clue do you, it's cheaper than the US.

my first car was a 11y/o 5 series that cost 3 grand... in germany its nice when their chevys are bmws

I had a couple of friends in Uni who drove them and they were alright until something went out. Shit would always take them a month or two to save up and replace. We were poor college kids but it's still a lot more than fixing something like a civic.

Doug has the biggest head I've ever seen

numale

If you're over 21 with some NCB insurance is unlikely to be over 500 quid on most cars.