You have a car that's $37,000. 9 Months later some dipshit rear ends you...

You have a car that's $37,000. 9 Months later some dipshit rear ends you. There was frame damage but it's fixed and 100% again.

Do you sell the car, or hold onto it?

Hold onto it, if I like it

I love it, so I suppose I will keep it.

Should I pursue diminished value claim? Unfortunately other driver has same insurance as me.

What's the warranty like? Did you buy it straight out?

assuming you are still paying for it, just keep it until you have it paid off or find something better

Sue for deminished value. When i was a 17, my truck got t-boned. The cab got knocked off the frame, braking all the body mounts. They "fixed" it and said it wasnt totaled out. The cab was always 1" off from the rest of the truck, kept breaking body bolts, and was just nothing but trouble after that. When i went to sell it years later, couldnt get crap for it cause it was crooked.

If it's 100% why wouldn't you keep it?

It's never 100%.

>frame damage
>modern car

I apologize for my autism. But, sort your shit out!

It's never the same OP.

3 year warranty, have 2 left. Put about 28.5k down and only owe about 9k more.

I suppose I'll sue for diminished value as said, save for a few years, eventually trade for a new Mustang again.

Unibody design, whole rear end shifted, body shop said it was frame damage.

How's that a damaged frame?

that's just bodywork, quit bitching.

OP states he had internal damage from the crash.

>Unibody design, whole rear end shifted, body shop said it was frame damage.
shit's fucked

file a claim, do whatever you can to get it out of your sight.

i just totaled my mustang, it was raining and it was my fault. i feel like utter shit.
this would be my first accident. 13 years driving.

i hydroplaned into a dip (i usually don't have issues with hydroplaning but it happened right at the dip). so i couldn't slow down and the dip banged my front end and it caused me to just spin out i regained a bit of control and hit the sidewalk full speed. the sidewalk fucked my passenger tire up and sent me toward a tiny wall. which i slammed into. i was like 1/4 block from my house so i slowly drove it into my parking spot. there was zero cars or witnesses because it was early in the morning and still dark out.

so i have 0 car, and i don't know what's going to happen next. just bummed and stressed, i do have full coverage so i'll see what insurance says. i loved my car, and i wish i would have been more careful. i knew it was raining and it might be an issue and i wasn't careful. i hope i can get the same car, and i also hope no one i know finds out that i crashed. it's just embarrassing. i'm hoping it gets settled before anyone notices.

Sucks man. I've had some close calls and I hate that feeling of knowing exactly how stupid I had just been.

if I like it and it's fixed what's the problem?

thanks man, yeah i'm embarrassed in my actions. fuck man, best car i've ever had.
i'm having a hard time accepting maybe not driving something at that level again. i can't go back to shitty regular cars after that beauty.

that if he wants to resale down the road, when they do car facts they can ask for less. his car basically went from 37,000 to maybe 20 something, maybe less depending on the damage.

Fuck that sucks shit dude. I nearly spun out in the wet recently. Nothing is as bad as having that realization that you had no control in that situation.

If there is a car I would want to be in a crash in less than a new Mustang I can't think of it. I can't remember the last time a car got under a 4-star ANCAP rating here. Mustang got like fucking 2 or something.

i didn't break anything, but holding the steering wheel in place hurt my hands a little bit (feels back to normal now) and the seat-belt left a mark (which again is going away ) so i'm fine, i guess.

idk it did feel fucking awful in the moment (like as it happened i thought i really fucked up, there's no fixing this), but adrenaline was like you need to get yourself home and safe. so i was just in go mode and didn't miss a beat.

the only thing i imagine would be worse would be a motorcycle crash.

Imagine you had a perfect piece of paper and it accidentally got folded. You then unfold it and try your best to make it look as perfect as possible again... that crease will always still slightly be there...

Do you throw it away and search for a new piece of paper?

Or do you just try your best to prevent any further folds?

That is your answer.

>anarcho-capitalism rating

What did he mean by this?

I rear ended a dude and it looked prolly half as bad. I got pics.

it was only 1200 in body damage. i bet that is only like 1700-2 grand(I hit 2 panels)

this was to a 2009 ford focus