Asymmetrical Slasher Series General /assg/ /dbdg/ /f13g/ Friday the 13th Dead By Daylight

Do not freak out edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online Multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2741975115062342321/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)
steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/12918172084960

Old Thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ocspnb.webm
steamcommunity.com/id/giganticshitlord
steamcommunity.com/id/Nyer/
steamcommunity.com/id/Devolarolla
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Do not freak out edition for the third time in a row

Quit being lazy you fags

also first for Jenny

Also reposting this from last thread

my.mixtape.moe/ocspnb.webm

>jason chasing several of us
>enter building im in the back
>they shut the door on me
>open and enter
>shut the next door on me
>jason finally catches up
>insta kills me
Guess I will start sandbagging other too now. Fuck team game.

>Bitching about people being lazy
>Other thread was at 822 posts
>Literally went to bed and woke up over the post limit and you faggots hadn't made a new thread yet

Smell my nuts Chad.

Which F13 girl has the best bush?

Has that handprint always been there?

Jenny

I bet A.J. has a nice trimmed vagina that has some hair with purple pubes she dyes.

Chad

I was in the process of making a new thread, but I checked to make sure no one had made one before hitting submit and someone had beat me to it.

Also worth noting that since the thread hadn't died before you woke up, we didn't need a new thread. No need to clutter the catalog after all.

>finally I can play as Mr J
>every counselor is huehue except for an argentinian
>finally I can get my revenge against huehues for ruining every online game they play
>they die easily to my traps or my knives
>finally catch the argentinian
>he was trying to fix the boat
>ask "are you gonna travel to the falklands with that shit?"
>he answers "the malvinas are from argentina"
>tell him "WRONG!" while I start impaling him with my spear
That was a funny match.

so what does luck the stat actually do in Friday 13?
does it affect what you find in drawers?

>Part 6 spams shift and always grabs out of attacks
Another snoozefest, when are the devs going to at least make combat stance negate grabs

>"the malvinas are from argentina"
>"WRONG!"
Good show, that'll learn em.

Minors boosts to other stats, but mostly every swing with a weapon is a dice roll on it if it breaks, luck factors into that

Gun said they wouldn't be doing balancing changes for another few weeks.

Obviously not, do you think you've missed that until now?

>Hid in the bathroom for the first 10 minutes while Jason searched the house I was in and didn't go into the door
>Left because he didn't find me the first time
>Asked a nearby Buggzy for help
>Jason insta teles on me
>Ask Buggzy to save me
> He dies and I run right back to the house bathroom I was in before
>Jason keeps looking and still doesn't find me and he teles away when the cops spawn
>Run my ass up and out the exit
gg bech.

>BTFO BR's
>butthurt an Argentinian "white" man

I'm envious.

>Get into a lobby
>press 1 a few times in the chat
>realize its f13
Fuck you foxy and luddles you reconditioned me to DBD bullshit

Hey guys, I'm just getting off work and I know some people posted their steam names for F13.

Could you post them again so I could add you? I can't find the old thread anymore.

But there's no f13 key.

how do we fix Adam?

Fix the shitty combat system so that fighting Jason is viable. There, he's fixed.

>If you shoot a Jason as he morphs the game detects it but you miss anyway :^)
Nice

The house was lit up red, but I heard nothing in there.

Got like 5 bed kills though.

Add me. We are going to start up again in about 20 minutes.

I honestly never played her, always stuck to my guns with Jenny. First time I actually got a good look at her

Old habits die hard.

Same way you actually *hit* jason when he's in an animation with weapons but can't interrupt executions

but fighting Jason is turning out to be viable now that people know how to kill him.

That's why Buggzy is getting play.

Any stun works like this. Mash 3 when you're about to get stunned/just got stunned and it'll be completely wasted, but still used up.

Playing jason is actually really boring.
9/10 time you're never in range for a context so you have the same 4 kills to do every time, on top of that somehow, everyone has a pocket knife and/or firecrackers

>when you're next to a cool environmental kill so you decide not to struggle
>but then Jason just chokes you anyways

>grab someone
>choke them
>start yelling over mic as I notice the birdbath right next to them

I can never find environmental kills when I'm looking for them and when I do find them I get stabbed anyways.

>Me (as Vanessa) and AJ steal the boat that a group of friends was trying to put together.

Always follow the AJ with a part.

>be dead
>packing a bowl and using the down time wisely
>counsler approaches a cabin with an antenna
>no no no
>they start using the radio
>don't be tommy don't be tommy
>fuck i'm tommy

It's only viable with premade groups all running perks like medic.

XD

Anyone else want to join? Have a party of 5 right now

Add and I'll invite

>three counselors leave cause they didn't get jason
>radio tommy ten seconds in
>ten seconds later somebody gets choked
>fight jason for five minutes and escape very slowly in car
>then tommy spawns
>as guy who died

If you're playing later I will join, busy at the moment.

steamcommunity.com/id/Nyer/

Anyone want to group up in a few hours and kill pubbie Jason's for massive xp tonight? My concentrated autism calls for level 99.

steamcommunity.com/id/Devolarolla

Have you managed this with a group? I've never tried. I know how it's done but there's no point coordinating with randoms.

Sent :^)

>jason tunnels you for 5 straight minutes, a quarter of the game
>Look on the map as you're about to die
>just call tommy checked
>5 people still alive.
Fucking stop being trash.

I've done it twice with pubbies. I'm also combat guy from last night.

Chances are everything of value was in the area you spawned.
I've managed to hit a Jason or two with that technique but it doesn't seem to work on most of them. I'd be up for it but I'm not sure how to add you from that link, at least not within the steam client.

>he traps the phone box and the nearby windows
>he mains part 6
>he immediately tps to phonebox and retraps it
>he kills the last person (who was wounded) with a knife even though he was challenging Jason
>he thinks he's good

When will people realize Jason's traps are more broken then his tele grab? Anyone who wants to win will put 3 traps on the 4 door and 1 on the phonebox immediately

I hate people that play this like there is going to be a pro-tourney.

I did that in beta until I realized how easy it was to 8/8. Ever since then I don't even telegrab unless they taunt me over the mic.

What's wrong with trapping the phone? That's a guaranteed easy win for the counselors.

If I could count the times I went to go for a smoke or a bowl and I came back to see myself as Tommy, it would probably be about 7 times now.

What the fuck are these pamela files and how do I unlock them?

DUDE

What the fuck is it with female players who can not drive in F13?

It seems inter party chatter is fucked

WEED

probably through steam achievements which I hear are broken or something.

I quite honestly have no idea how tele-grabs work. I've been playing without them, but then read about it here and seen a few Jasons do it to me.

I can't do it for fuckall, though.

What is the best character vs grab?

>Grab someone and get knifed
>see a deb aiming a shotgun at me
>As soon as I'm able hit shift
>Dodge the shot
>"WHAT?! WHAT THE FUCK?! HACKER!!"
>As she crouch glitch speeds away
>Grab the person who knifed me
>break my grip nearly instantly meaning they're probably using a macro, because fuck me if Bugzy has that much composure.
>"EAT SHIT HACKER!" as he picks up the bat he dropped and starts wailing on me when I can't be stunned from him breaking my grip
>grab him and insta-execute him
You can exploit, but if someone finds a mechanic out with jason that stops you, its hacking.
We're reaching dbd levels of no self-awareness already.
Did find a cool new context though, so there's that

>Respawned as Tommy
>Try to save Cox
>Shotgun blast goes THROUGH Jason and kills her because she had a pocket knife
>Jason then just shift grabs me at the exit (everyone else was already dead) and uses the efficient headblock maneuver :^)
Fun game

Jenny. Composure helps get away faster

People who play vidya to win as opposed to just have fun are cancer in general.

It's probably the biggest distinction between this game and DBD. F13 is just more fun-centric. Jason's got the advantage, so he can be like a Dungeon Master unless the survivors are all good at the game.

If the mechanic to break grips was worth a damn, it'd be Jenny. 10 composure and decent luck.
But can't break grips if you're insta-choked

What the fuck is that crouch glitch? Had it done to me by 3 people and I just quit the match instantly because fuck off with that dumb shit.

Can it be done at will?

The woman driver meme is not just a meme, you know.

>Following a Tommy while Jason chases us
>In a narrow hallway in one of the houses
>Panic and start trying to go ahead from Tommy because I know what's coming
Sure enough Tommy shot his gun and killed me, nothing feels more grim than being between a Jason and an aiming Tommy

Sent you an invite. I haven't played this game a ton but I've read a lot about it at least.

I wish melee weapons had more merit than just Stun-chance.

Like maybe have blunt weapons do more Stun vs. undead Jasons, and stab/slash weapons do more Stun vs. live Jasons.

Damage stat is just fucking useless.

Fuck, dude. Apparently not? It's the 4th time now since release. I'm glad you can start the car and not turn off the engines when exiting the driver's seat. I've instinctively told the last GRILL GAYMER to get out and let me drive after she started the car, and she didn't even protest.

damage stat is for removing mask and killing other players which don't net you much

Exactly. It's a useless mechanic. Killing Jason is just a meme, I really don't think it will ever become meta.

>I've instinctively told the last GRILL GAYMER to get out and let me drive after she started the car, and she didn't even protest.
Reminds me how this also happened to me, after she crashed the first time. I then proceeded to crash the car twice. Thankfully Jason was doing some other shit and we just laughed at how bad we both were at driving

No, like, I get that the car has a shitload of oversteering so it's not that simple. But one of these girls literally couldn't figure out how to go forward, getting us like 8 meters from where we started in a minute.

They need to start putting a penalty in for this kind of shit.

>Can it be done at will?
Pretty much, just have to do a quick few steps and you're moving at sprint speed without wasting stam or making noise.

I think there should be an algorithm that tracks how recently each player had played Jason and make it so only the 3 players who've spent the longest time (amount of games) without playing Jason be candidates.

Only complete games would increase this counter, so people would have no choice but to stick around.

Is it common knowledge? That shit's a complete deal-breaker if people really start using it and it doesn't get fixed.

>Is it common knowledge?
Ish. I probably will be in the next 2-3 weeks

Is the game worth the money?

>Try to morph in front of moving car
>Game "politely" shoves me off to the side of the road
>Easily blows past me and then some faggot flareguns me for a 10,000 year stun
>Chase for years afterwards because oops every hit on Part 2 Jason is another stun from adam
Never again

i'm getting tired of games launching with half full lobbies

If you like asymettrical stuff and slasher flics/Jason, yeah. My advice is to wait for some patches

Quite honestly, no. It's closer to a $20 value. However, it's still advised you pick it up now while a) a significant portion of the players are new to the game - and b) the game's alive and populated.

The amount of content is far too low for the price tag, but if you enjoy the core gameplay and presentation you'll get your money's worth anyway.

Chad's movement feels weird as fuck. It's like the camera has higher sensitivity when playing as him.

Morph farther ahead.

If I could ditch games and never be Jason I Would, my preference is counselor and the game still makes me play jason.
I don't know why the games full of die hard jason wannabe's serial killers in waiting.
whenever im jason im pissed becasue i have to do actual work, and have people tell me im not doing a good job then i just say fuck it and try to get it over and done with. telegrab joke i don't care any more. i only ever get window eviro kils.

Fastest way to level up?

I don't want to be a shitter but I really want part 9 Jason, even if the way his face molds around the mask makes him look like pic related

Form private lobbies and farm kill a willing Jason.

Honestly, thank god for everyone wanting to be Jason. It means I get to be the counselor 9/10. Game still makes me Jason sometimes too. I just do the same and telegrab everyone so I can be done.

They really need to work on the preference thing.

>Jason spots you once
>Get deleted because his grab is 5 feet long and doesn't give a shit about you attacking
>People think this is good design

>earn like 2k points in two fantastic games with fun people
>leave the lobby and go to unlock new shit
>didn't earn any points
God fucking dammit this game keeps pulling shit to make me like it less whenever I'm loving it

>being chad fixing up two seater
>normie debs don't approve
>"HEY GUYS WE GOT BATTERY AND FUEL LETS GO TO FOUR SEATER"
>6 people head to the four seater
>spend rest of the game looking for fuel for my two seater, while jason kills them all at the four seater site
>I call in Tommy jarvis, fix my car, he's in full RP mode, says how we should drive up to the 4 seater site and raise hell.
>drive by 1 person runs out tells Tommy they're all dead
>he gets out gives her his seat and then shoots Jason square in the face before telling us to drive out of there.

we really need more people like him.

>you radio tommy
>you find the fuse
>you fix the phone and call the police
>you gas the car
>you put the battery in
>You get fight grabbed and instantly choked out when someone come running toward you when you're now bringing the prop to the boat because you're the only one fucking doing anything and the jason decided after tunneling this guy for 8 minutes he'd go for me instead.
>He's killed 1 other person and that person came back as tommy
>They're sitting in the corner of the map other than that one guy
>Jason can't find that one guy again
>They all escape via police
I've never been more pissed off in a video game in my life.

>People who play Tommy to escape.

Giving your seat for a counselor is pretty fun times.

You'd be surprised how many jasons instinctively recognize the sacrifice and go for me.

It seems like Part 6 is steadily becoming the shitter jason of choice now that they've realized how strong +shift is. That sucks cause I love part 6. Maybe it'll give me a chance to try out Part 3 though and play him like he should be played.