Reminder: you don't have the right to bitch about the lack of manual transmissions in modern cars if you have never...

Reminder: you don't have the right to bitch about the lack of manual transmissions in modern cars if you have never bought a manual car new.

Manual transmissions are going extinct for a reason. There are no benefits for 99% of the market. Only jaded boomers care about that shit.

in 5 years every car will be self-driving and manualfags won't be able to sell their clunkers

Manuals only make sense in Enthusiast's cars, which may or may not be outlawed or licensed to Hell and back in 10 years.

>omg user, you dont NEED a car with more than 4 cylinders
>you WANT to drive?! You're a ticking timebomb and a public safety hazard.

Cars will be the new guns, lmao.

>only boomers care
Boomers are the reason we all drive auto in the first place

This is objectively wrong

Good thing I have

looks like I can bitch all I want

I did my part

From the thumbnail, it looks like your ebrake and start button are a 4WD selector, since your shift knob is red too

I've never bought a new car since I'm 18, but the last 6 cars my parents bought new were manual.
>1997 Civic Hatch
>2003 Mazda Protege 5
>2010 Mazda 5
>2013 BMW 135i
>2017 Subaru Impreza
>2017 Fiat 124 Abarth

Manual cars are becoming investments

Gee and they wonder why their son turned out to be gay. Did they listen to Jazz when you were in the womb?

>tfw never bought a new car
>owned more than 10 cars

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this post

>Reminder: you don't have the right to bitch about the lack of manual transmissions in modern cars if you have never bought a manual car new.

Thank god I did

What's that even supposed to mean

Is a dct any good for a project car? Not that I'm swimming in money, but if I buy a new car, auto with paddle shifters, will it be any fun to put parts into? I'm pretty new to cars in general.

Also retarded question incoming. Is it possible to drift in a dct? Pls no bully

I'm just pissed that companies are not even offering manuals gearboxes on higher end cars. I get it that a high performance automatic transmission is faster than a manual, but would it hurt companies to offer both options? DCT is not a substitute for manual.

nope, will just create a separate market for it

t. supply and demand

Well I don't usually think of a new car as a "project". It will be expensive and hard to do much work on the transmission because it's all computer controlled. Also, auto with paddles =/= dct. It could still be fun to drive though, that's determined by a lot more than just the transmission.

As for drifting, yes it's possible. You just wont be able to use some of the techniques like clutch kick and shift lock, because the transmission will always want to rev match. You can still use power over and anything to do with weight transfer just fine. It might just be a little more difficult to learn on. A lot of professional drift cars use sequential manual transmissions, so it's definitely possible.

quads confirm

Implying I'd ever want to sell my manuél shitbox anyway

Because you're likely buying that sports car for it's performance, So does it really make sense to gimp that performance with a manual? Higher end cars usually aren't much fun to drive on normal roads anyways. A manual wouldn't make it any more enjoyable to drive.

Looks like someone didn't get the ST style pack

there is no such thing

>gimp that performance
If you can't reach those levels of performance on normal roads anyway, who cares?

>Higher end cars usually aren't much fun to drive on normal roads anyways
Subjective.
And wrong.

>A manual wouldn't make it any more enjoyable to drive
See above.

I would if I could afford one

I did. It kinda helped, but not really.

Sad.

Checked, Elon is a faggot

I bought a manual Mazda2 brand new.

I buy new cars because I only want manual and it's hard to find newer used manuals for sale.

I have also walked off lots because they didn't have any manuals. Salesmen get this kind of deer in the headlights look when you tell them you're only interested in something with a manual.

Ive bought 2 brand new manuals so i can bitch about anything i want

Dumb as fuck you are. Jaded, your post makes you seem. I sense much confusion and close mindedness in you.

My sides...

Planes have had autopilot for decades, they can literally take off and land without the pilot but you still see a pilot there don't you?
and guess who kills people in most plane crashes?
thats right pilot error, they would nearly never crash without the meat slabs in the cockpit.
and whats the only reason for having them there?
makes everyone feel safe because people do not trust computers to do stuff for them.

I'm planning to in the next year or two. I'm an ecofag though so I'll feel like an asshole for buying a non-hybrid. If the CRZ didn't suck or at least had back seats it would be the perfect car for me.

Hopefully someone will make a manual hybrid or even electric again. I could see it happening in a few years. Death of ICEs could outpace death of manuals, and until non-self-driving cars are banned there will be a market for fun sports cars.

Just buy a CRZ fag, you would never use those shitty back seats anyways. At least I'd hope you'd never force anybody to sit in them.

Why is the clutch so light and lifeless on these cars

Bet you are glad you got the Fiat as it's proving to be more reliable than the Miata, after all the mazda fanbois went nuts saying they wouldn't sell Fiat the new gearbox.

>if you have never bought a manual car new.

Who hasn't done that? Poorfags and disabled people, that's who. If you have a job, two working arms, two working legs and two working testicals there is no reason good not to buy a new manual car.

What the fuck as happened to Mazda? The new Miata is less reliable than a fucking Fiat, the 3 is less reliable than a Golf, the 5 is less reliable than an i30 and the 6 is less reliable than even the Focus! I remember the days when Mazda were supposed to be reliable cars.

I did tho

Itt: ameritards and their dumb hate for manual transmission

I've never bought an automatic new either though.

Good thing I did, twice
In 2009 and 2011
That said, driving my dad's new 5-series last weekend with all kinds of assistance was nice, too
>accelerates, turns, stops and sets the right speedlimit alone
I want that in my company car for the 5-hour drives every other week

Why does a car like that need a 6-speed?

>buying new cars

Buying a petri dish of other people's feces.

It's really at this stage where flying cars could become an option, though.

Aside from technological restraints, the very concept of organised flying cars/transportation was written off by everyone because the general public is fucking stupid, you can't trust or expect Joe Blow to drive responsibly in the fucking sky.

I learned to drive stick driving my FR-S out of the dealership. Not my greatest decision but nobody I knew had a manual car.

I have tho, and im going to use my right to bitch to its fullest.

previous car was to, also a bit of a unicorn (jetta wagon tdi w/manual trans)

Why would a lightweight, cheap, rwd, high-revving sports car low on power need a 6-speed? Really?

Why would a pigfat barge come with anything other than a slushmatic? They aren't the sort of cars that enthusiasts buy.

I don't mind as long as they give us sequential manuals instead, since manuals are now an enthusiast thing and keeping shit familiar for boomer bob shouldn't matter so much anymore.

Traditional manuals are kind of shitty
>pattern means that even if you have a super short throw shifter and put dogs in, you'll always be out of gear longer for some changes than others
>possibility of missing gates and hitting a wall or the wrong gear

But guess why we're not getting sequentials? You fucking europeans. You still DD manuals so manuals have to stay traditional and familiar as to not upset you and your strange love affair with the crunch stick.

automakers penalize manual buyers
like honda, if you want a civic with leather and a manuel, then buy a acura ilx

the acura ilx looks like fucking ass

Hello user
Actual pilot here
I'm afraid you might be clinically retarded
Sorry about that