An upcoming production sports car that will be powered by Formula 1 technology

>The Mercedes-AMG Project ONE will celebrate its world premiere at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt: the two‑seater supersports showcar for the first time brings the very latest and efficient, fully-fledged Formula 1 hybrid technology to the road. This high-performance hybrid has an output of over 1000 hp and a top speed exceeding 400 km/h. The showcar combines outstanding racetrack performance with day-to-day suitable Formula 1 hybrid technology and exemplary efficiency.
>1000+ hp in 1.6L
>11,000 rpm in 1.6L

Have MB gone MAD?!

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a10295428/aston-martin-valkyrie-v12-williams-f1/
topgear.com/car-news/geneva-motor-show/mercedes-amg-project-one-hypercar-will-cost-eu2275m
youtube.com/watch?v=t5Dbp_SuMHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>powered by F1 technology
Been there done that and everyone hated it

You know my first thought was "won't it need to be constantly rebuilt like an f1 engine?" but then I remembered that if you can afford this then you wouldn't give a flying fuck.

>Mercedes-AMG 'Project One' hypercar sold out in US

>It's a potentially sad day for American customers yearning for a chance at owning Mercedes-AMG's Formula One-powered hypercar. What we currently know as "Project One" is officially sold out, at least in the United States.

>AMG is currently undergoing the task of selecting a lucky 275 buyers who will be deemed worthy enough to own the 11,000-rpm hypercar and consideration for U.S. buyers closed on March 17, according to Road & Track.

>The cost for such an extravagant machine? An estimated $2.4 million. As mentioned, AMG will build 275 units of the Project One. We'll learn in May how many of these have been earmarked for the US.

>The car's reveal will take place in September at the 2017 Frankfurt auto show as the culmination of AMG's 50th anniversary celebrations.

Now Dodge has to make a production car with a Top Fuel engine to compete. Detuned from 11000HP to only 5000HP of course.

>F50
It was a pretty poor effort. Typical Italian.

Explain why it was a poor effort without regurgitating a review from a TV show

It doesn't look a street-legal vehicle to me.

Hopefully then it'll last longer than 5 minutes

MB Project one is the best overall. Performance, efficiency, etc...
They sold out so fast before being revealed. see

F1 engine don't have to be rebuild after each race though
and they last at least 1200 km the Mercedes ones at least

That's literally every car over 1 million $ is sold. Repeat supercar customers are told to meet up for dinner, are given a drawing of a concept car on a napkin, and are asked if they want to buy it 3 years in advance.

Which will be faster?

that's because these cars value always go up it's a good investment

>file name no replacement
>huge ass blower on top of the engine

MB Project one uses Formula 1 technology. Of course, it will go faster than Aston Martin, which admits outsourcing almost everything to MB. See DB11 and its future product lines.

>MB
>1.6L turbocharged V6
>AM
>6.5L Cosworth V12
The Valkyrie better be fucking faster, it was a proper engine in it.

I wish Honda was doing something like this but i do realize that asking a lot

>outsourcing
Its a Red Bull project with pic related at the helm. So yeah, its outsourced, but not to Mercedes-AMG.

yeah no i really doubt it
the V6 alone would probably already rape that V12 but with the whole hybrid part it has no chance

>6.5L Cosworth V12
Too heavy.
MB uses the kraut space magic aka 1000+hp 1.6L with hybrid shits to win the race.

>"The Valkyrie's most likely competitor, the Mercedes-AMG Project One, uses a 1.6-liter turbocharged F1-derived V6. Interestingly, Newey too thought about six-cylinder power for the Valkyrie, instead of going with a V12."
>""I did some homework and came to the conclusion that weight wise there wasn’t much between them," Newey told Top Gear. "In terms of cooling requirements the V6 was worse, in terms of sound the V6 was worse and it would vibrate too much if you solid-mounted it to the chassis. Technically and emotionally the V12 was the better solution.""

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a10295428/aston-martin-valkyrie-v12-williams-f1/

>1000+ hp in 1.6L
*******************only when the electric motors are deployed

>11,000 rpm in 1.6L
cool but nothing super impressive

personally i've been less and less interested in showcars/hypercars/megacars made of unobtanium whose sole purpose is to dickwave numbers about

>implying the turbo systems and the hybrid systems don't make it pigfat compared to the AM

.6L turbocharged V6
I really don't see this engine going for thousands of miles but it'll likely never have 1000 miles put on it anyway as it will probably be one of the single biggest collector pieces in the automotive world. if it does though i guess ill wait and see Magic happen. where do you even get something like that serviced and just how much is the maintenance going to cost to run it. This could make the Veyron look like a 3k civic as far as maintenance goes.

That guy is based.

>
personally i've been less and less interested in showcars/hypercars/megacars made of unobtanium whose sole purpose is to dickwave numbers about

And because they rarely end up in the hands of someone who actually cares about those cars

>his green text missed

I'm probably retarded then I guess

>This could make the Veyron look like a 3k civic as far as maintenance goes.

It is against the philosophy of MB. Mercedes-AMG boss Tobias Moers confirmed that Project One can be a DD car.

>And what about the car’s core character? You’d rightly expect a car spawned directly from F1 to be massively track-focused… though apparently, that’s not the plan. “My task is to make it a car you can use everyday,” Moers said. “You don’t need an F1 team, you don’t need special gas, you don’t need anything, you just push the button, it fires up and you drive away. That’s a challenge.”

topgear.com/car-news/geneva-motor-show/mercedes-amg-project-one-hypercar-will-cost-eu2275m

Misleading.
The 1.6 along with the electric drive will make 1000hp. Not 1000hp on its own steam.

Interesting, but Project One uses AWD while Valkyrie uses only RWD. Project One undoubtedly beat Valkyrie in lap time, thanks to its hybrid system using a kinetic energy recovery system aka KERS.

I know this is a joke but don't these engines get full rebuilds like every 2 or 3 runs

It looks like there are more upcoming contenders.

Who cares if it's faster or not, that's not the point of the valkyrie. We can say with absolute certainty that it will sound a million times better than the 1.6L turbo v6

>2 or 3 runs
More like 2 or 3 seconds. They're making up to 1400HP/L at peak power, without any hybrid backup.

Nigga they literally last for one drag and then go boom

>1.6L 1000hp
>11000 rpm

>electric motors

BMW did it in 1980. 1500HP BMW Bravo F1 - 1.5L M10 Turbo 4-cylinder

>1.5L 1500HP

youtube.com/watch?v=t5Dbp_SuMHE

This is only at qualifying boost. I'm pretty sure they run well under 1500 for the actual race where reliability matters.

>You don’t need an F1 team, you don’t need special gas, you don’t need anything, you just push the button, it fires up and you drive away.

This sounds better. It makes Project One more appealing to most, and this explains why they sold out so fast.

Valkyrie may depend on being supervised by Aston Martin team.
>mfw

>Valkyrie may depend on being supervised by Aston Martin team.

British Engineering

A Veyron is also a DD car. when i say "Maintenance" i don't mean reliability i mean cost to run the car yearly.