What would cause a shitbox to burn about a quart of oil every 100 miles?

What would cause a shitbox to burn about a quart of oil every 100 miles?

Lots of things, all of which signify that a rebuild will soon be in order.

piston rings about to fail

but are you sure it's burning a whole quart? cuz it's probably just leaking out somewhere

It really loves black cock

I can't find any leaks and it's blowing white smoke from the exhaust when accelerating

Blown headgasket? Check ur coolant

>it's blowing white smoke from the exhaust when accelerating

user... I.....

coolant level is normal though and it's not overheating

What? Tell me user

That's rings..

... Oil consumption means piston rings failure. But if you add that with white smoke from the exhaust that means coolant gets in the burn chamber. Your car has a blown hasket and you need a full engine rebuild.

White smoke isn't coolant.
There's a very clear visual distinction between white smoke and steam.
Plus you can smell it.

I've been here since ~2012 and have never picked up on the meaning of this meme help pls?

disintegrated valve stem seals

Guaranteed valve stem seals. What kind of car is it?

Just keep adding oil and don't worry about it user.

On the plus side at that rate you do t need to worry about oil changes any more

this. had it happen to a 4g15, engine would miss in the fucked cylinder, and when you went WOT it would blow a massive cloud of white smoke.

Blown head gasket, my Miata was doing that and I replaced the head gasket and the problem went away, it might be the piston rings too

Does the white smoke stick around? If not, then it's just steam, mine stuck around like a fumigator

Anons are going to whine "snake oil" but this shit has worked for me and for a lot of other people. Some dude even did compression tests before and after using it and he saw a big improvement in cylinder compression, I think he has a video on YouTube.

It isn't a fix, but it's a bandaid you can keep reapplying every oil change. I put it into a car that was burning almost as much oil as yours and within 500 miles of driving it had cut it's oil consumption in half.
If it doesn't work, you're out $10 or whatever it costs. If it does work, then you may have said yourself from a headgasket swap or you'll be able to put off getting another car for a while.

Also do some research and see if you can run a thicker oil with you engine. It would mean less oil leaking past those non-existent piston rings and the valve stem seals.

Holy shit I made a lot of typos, such is life as a phone poster.

Is it a Volkswagen?

This is a normal thing for the 3 times best European engine of the yearâ„¢

Nissan 370z