Alright fuckers, heres the deal

Alright fuckers, heres the deal.

Some retard rear ended my 2017 Mustang in May, I hadn't even had it for a year yet. He caused $5,000 worth of damage, including damage to the frame.

The repair is mint, the body shop I went to was the best rated here been around for over 50 years and shit, very solid whatever. I'm gonna keep the car.

I want to make a diminished value claim. I have GEICO as well as the other cockbag. I live in New York, so I have a right to a DV claim.

How the fuck do I make sure I don't get ripped off?

Other urls found in this thread:

americanmuscle.com/trufiber-cf-spoiler-gurneyflap-fstbk-1516.html#customer_pics-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't that kind of stuff get settled in small claims court?

Good luck waiting a year just to get a hearing.

No idea

You should be able to sue for what ever his maximum minimum coverage will cover if it fucked the value on your car.

Or you can run it into a pond and make a claim.

That's what I have an lawyer insurance for. Every time some one else damaged my car I called my lawyer and he does the rest. They know what to do. Last time I got 2800€ for repair, 600€ for rent car and 1000€ because of value the car lost. Poorfags can fuck off.

I have a lawyer handling the injury portion, as the other driver assaulted me after he hit me (fuck that guy). Anyway, my lawyer said to contact them myself because he'd charge an hourly fee plus retainer, and while he would do it, I wouldn't walk away with much.

Haha the old classic "it's your fault I ran into the back of you" assualt

Cops also, against my request, decided to not press charges against the guy while I was on my way to the hospital in an ambulance.

Big legal mess right now. I'm glad my car is fixed but just learned of how much value I could lose, so I hope GEICO doesn't cheap out on me.

For the sake of being nosy and bored can you give us the story user?

Well it's in litigation so I'll sum it up.

Guy cuts me off, I get into lane next to him to try and pass so he doesn't do it again. I honk. He swings his truck completely sideways in the road in front of me. Miraculously I go around him in a merging lane off to the right with mere seconds of time to react if that.

He strikes the rear driver corner of my bumper and spins my car. Jumps out of his truck and goes ballistic. My GF calls 911, I get out to take pics. He moves his truck I move my car to the side.

Starts insulting me again, I say something back like who are you to say that, he gets in my face and will not back down. I try to get distance between us and he hits me square in the eye.

I lose vision, turn around and try to get away, he kicks me to the ground and punches me and kicks me over and over again.

My gf runs toward him and he punches her in the face.

2 cars stop, we sit in one with a woman and her daughter till cops finally show. Ambulance comes, takes me and gf to hospital. Before we leave lady says she gave her info to cop and if we need anything call her.

3 hours later cop shows up, tells me I'm charged with harassment for "shoving". Cop didn't press charges against the other guy at all for beating me or punching my gf (who was 17 at the time, I was 18). Cop also doesn't include witness info of lady who stopped to help on the police report so she is in the wind.

Police department told us to get a subpoena to get a copy of the 911 tape (which my gf was on the phone through the whole thing and would help our side tremendously).

I used to be a gun-ho thin blue line kind of guy, but no longer. I still support cops, but man did that really open my eyes.

>18 years old
>2017 Ford Mustang

Sounds like daddy's trustfund just wasn't enough for you you cunt you probably were dicking around and the guy accidentally crashed into you and you made a fuss because "muh brand new car that daddy bought for me for graduating" got hurt
You got what you deserved. Richfag

It was actually my grandma

>butthurt other people have nice things

Prob a troll

I know how my accident happens, I was rear ended, pics show it, his truck was completely sideways in the road while I'm in the correct direction in a lane. I was the one covered head to toe in bruises and with possible knee injury.

Some retard rear ended MY 2017 Mustang in May, I hadn't even had it for a year yet.
>sure doesn't sound like it's your grandmas

No, my grandma paid for half of it.

What the fuck does it matter lmao, I'm young and I have a nice car, big deal. There's asian kids going to college around her driving lambos and GT-R's. My Mustang GT isn't much in comparison.

>i got in a car accident and then beaten up
sounds like someone deserved the asskicking and it also sounds like you shoved the guy first as he was in your face, perhaps when you are a little older you will realize men can get into each others face and yell without throwing fists

So I deserved to get beaten up because he rear ended me after losing his shit cause I honked when he cut me off?

No, it sounds like everyone's starting to get jealous I had a Mustang at 18. Again, the fuck does it matter. It's one thing to be in my face, it's another to try and back me into oncoming traffic.

>He caused $5,000 worth of damage, including damage to the frame.
So he caused $38,000 worth of damage? Good luck selling/trading in that car m8

i dont know what to tell you fragile young man, perhaps the way you were driving leading up to him cutting you off. i'm no fool i've been 18 before you can't seriously think i'll believe you were on your best behavior with your flashy mustang presumably with cat backs
>no fucking "adult" goes to Veeky Forums for advice
>this may as well be bait

>My gf runs toward him and he punches her in the face.

That sucks but what the fuck did she thing was going to happen? Why do people, guy or girl, run up on someone that's acting violently without a plan in the world to fight? She was stupid for doing that.

In the moment she didn't know what else to do, but it got him to stop, and I could've been a lot worse off.

I mean I was in the left lane and he was in the right, and all I was doing was passing him after we both made the same merge onto a 4 lane road.

lmao

Welcome to real life snowflake. Cops are fucks, people are dicks, and you're just now learning that at age 18. Thank granny extra hard for coddling the FUCK out of you next time you see her.

How the fuck was a coddled. I got assaulted after being rear-ended. I'm fully aware people are dicks, didn't expect the cop to fuck up as bad as he did, and my original question was about diminished value claims.

How many jealous fucks can we count today jesus christ

m8 I drive a faster car than you while also having the bonus of it not being a girl car. Plus I didn't get my ass whipped for acting like a fag and then crying to Veeky Forums about it. OH, and I didn't have to get saved by a hysterical woman.

in summation: nobody is jealous of you and your kys asap

>imagine being so ass hurt you have to tell lies on the internet

Jealous of lol can't turn.

Nah son

>imagine trying to cover your fragile ego by declaring you have the fastest car evar

>ITT so much butthurt jealousy.

You deserved to get cut off and beaten because by the way that your dodging responsibility for your actions and whining about it online I can already tell you are a spoiled trustfund baby with no sense of the American dollar
>my grandma bought half
My grandma bought it all I'm just trying to save face
Ftfy

And finally as I said before and many others have your an 18 year old with a RWD powerful pony car and you just want us to expect that you were a little angel driving it the speed limit the whole time?
Fuck off

>This epic level of jealous butthurt bullshit.

You sound like the type of guy whom would rear end someone in a nicer car then you then beat them up.

i could smoke that shit in my sonic with a few simple mods

Whatever man, I'm not gonna argue for the mere fact it's not worth it.

Shit was fine till I mentioned I was 18 at the time.

This is why you need a dashcam with multiple cameras.
Cops want to the bare minimum. If I were you, I'd try to sue the police department for negligence or something. I'm no lawyer but I can tell you the cops acted incorrectly and theres something you can do about that. You have records of you going to the hospital, so you should be able to prove that the guy beat you up

Just like you weren't gonna shove that guy but you did?

I should also add good luck ever selling a frame damaged sportscar you'll be lucky to get even a quarter of its value back from it and of course the cops aren't going to give a shit about some spoiled faggot 18 year old whining about his mustang. If anything you probably brake checked him too hard and he hit your car you fucking retard
Please stay the fuck off the roadways and let a bus take you where you need to go atleast you won't get your ass beat if you get rear ended on that

>Passing someone with obvious road rage and a pickup when you're in a low-sitting coupe.
>Not slowing down and letting them get the fuck on with their day

Your balls should've dropped by now; stop feeding into people's bullshit on the road and your girlfriend won't get a hard-knuckle facial.l

I was all on your side till you wrote out the story if this is not the story you present to the judge for "litigation" then you 100% instigated and every ones definition of "cut me off " is questionable.

It sounds like you were going slow in the fast lane some one got in front of you you tried to pass in the wrong lane honked like a dick at the guy while barking shit at him tried to pass came into his lane he swerved and loss control. I'm basing this off the fact that you managed to get into a merging lane to avoid him

You are a young kid you did something stupid while driving because you felt that what ever this guy did hurt your ego and you got punched for it. Don't put your hands on someone unless you are ready to get hit.

This

dashcams, mother fucker
get some

if he had dashcam footage he wouldn't be posting here because it would show him fucking around lol

Here I am thinking you got rear ended at a stop light or some shit and got punched. Turns out you're a little shit starter who got fucked on. Quit fucking around.

Carry a gun with you next time.

If it happens again, shoot the fucker dead. It's the American way.

>hurr durr I have no reading comprehension skills

>user gets cut off
>user moves to another lane
>truck driver is being retarded and swings back after user is already going around him
>hits anons rear passenger side
>gets out of trucks, assaults user and his gf

Seriously was that hard? If you think this was anons fault at all then you're retarded.

Assholes like this are why i carry a gun. try hurt me violently, one of us isn't walking away, and the dead don't care who.

No we were in speerate lanes, I was behind him he got into the right lane me into the left. He cut me off for no reason, I got into the right and honked. He blocked my path completely sideways in front of me so I had to swerve to the merging lane and that's where he hit me. His truck is entirely sideways.

Thank you seriously it isn't difficult. Aside from honking I was trying to avoid the guy the entire time, namely getting in the right lane so I wouldn't be riding his ass.

Anyway other asshole was arrested in the past for driving under influence of drugs and speeding, found that out with a quick google search.

Poorfag bubbas are always going to whine and play victim. That's how most elected officials get into office these days.

i just find it so god damn hard to believe some 1/4 ton truck let alone 1/2 ton got sideways in the road just to block you, its not like takumi was in that truck. so why did he spin out? did you hit his rear qp while dodging to the right??

Ok I'm going to need you to read the series of comments in order so you can go fucking neck your self
>Wow by this time there is no clue as to what happened other than op got punched and rear ended
Now we know the full story neck yourself

I forget is the left lane for passing or cruising ?

Your fault for having a nice car at 18 OP. Thats like asking for trouble on Veeky Forums

>two sides to a story
>whichever side has the evidence to support their side wins
this is the law
so make sure you have the evidence

You would be better off just keeping the car for a long time. One day when you finally sell it, say you are the 3rd owner or something and don't know its history

I would also read up on the concept of defensive driving

>damage to the frame
What kind of shithole do you live in where they let you have that repaired? If the frame is bent, you scrap it

Holy shit I've never seen somebody so buttblasted over a story. Calm down you fucking poorfag

Sorry about your situation, but next time don't honk unless you are trying to avert an accident. People here get shot for doing that. Just take a deep breath and keep driving.

As for the guy attacking you, don't escalate the road rage by touching him. Just stay in your car and call the cops.

Life is a tough teacher.

100% this It doesn't even matter what actually happened. If I'm a judge I will assume you were both driving recklessly and not give a shit about your claim. What evidence do you even had? Or are you planning for it just to be he-said/shes-said?

The other person may have technically been at fault, in that their insurance had to pay for repairs, but you could have avoided the situation by driving defensively but instead you escalated, be happy it only cost you some money and nobody was injured.

In New York cruising

He didn't spin out, he just turned his truck and blocked a lane. Not hard to turn a wheel.

The evidence is a 911 tape which the police are refusing to release without a subpoena. I think it's cause the cop goofed the report up so bad.

I learned that lesson the hard way unfortunately, but got lucky with how bad it could've gotten.

At the end of the day my lawyer and PI have been working hard. The other driver had a dashcam but deleted his footage before the cops came, so our only evidence was the 911 tape, which as I mentioned the department will not release (despite a FOIL letter and Brady Material).

>At the end of the day
At the end of the day it sounds like you've got nothing. Why are you even here for advice if you have a lawyer? You're a fucking punk and it makes me want to become a lawyer just so I could throw out claims like yours.

>The repair is mint
Not possible.

by the sounds of it you guys were playing a game of cut each other off and you tried to pass him as he was cutting you off and as you tried to get back into the lane you got bumped into spinning out. cut and dry case of reckless driving on both parties

and on that not the guy will probably go scotch free because you decided to shove him first, if anything you should remember, user, user will not think twice of

screenshotting this that you shoved him first and sending it to that judge. think about how much they hate that you have a nice car so basically riperoonis you shrekt yourself

Faggots like you are why I give Mustangs wide berths on the road, like I would with commercial vehicles.

t. Long Island

A $35,000 Mustang is a nice car top kek

>implying it will ever be like new again

good thing it was just another gay ass mustang

>mere seconds
>average mustang driver reaction time

>18yo boy in dads mustang
>gets his ass kicked on the side of the road
>cop thinks hes a total fag

Perfect summary of this situation. Proof there are still good cops protecting society.

>GEICO
HAHAHAHA

Pretty fucked. Get real insurance user. State Farm goes after faggots even if you caused the accident, and if you aren't at fault, god help the ones that are.

This.

I work for State Farm in property claims, but we'll fuck your shit up good.

All this technical talk how about we cut the bullshit and go to what actually happened
>18 year old has a $35,000 pony car that grandmama bought for him
>he promises he'll take great care of it and is very thankful (not)
>starts weaving through traffic like a goddamn retard
>upstanding citizen in a truck has enough of this hooligans shit
>blocks his path
>beats his ass
>cops don't do shit because
>A: he's an 18 year old trust fund baby who got a way better car just for him to get frame damage on
>B: have watched this retard drive around recklessly since the day he got it and know that he's getting what he deserves
>so they don't charge him
>proceeds to charge the 18 year old millennial crying about "muh loss value claims"
>comes to a site where 75% of posters drive sub 5k shitboxes
>somehow thinks they'll make him feel better about it
>gets assmad when we tell him exactly what his father probably told him
>"you were driving like a goddamn retard son I'm almost glad your mustangs fucked"

Is there anything I missed?

>What is VIN check
That might work if he sells it to retard.

If your car is repaired, then what's the big deal? $5k in repairs is a fairly moderate bill so I doubt the damage could have been that severe.

You can file your diminished value claim and ask for however much value you think you've lost. Realistically, though, that isn't a huge number; the car isn't collectible and it's been professionally repaired, so it will retain most of it's resale value. Just make sure to keep the repair records on file for when you do actually sell the car.

Make absolutely sure you are happy with the repairs before settling the DV claim, though. You may want to have the car checked out at another shop to be certain.

Man you're retarded. The only person who should neck themselves is you. OP was hit, not the other way around.

>that isn't a huge number
A big wreck on the Carfax halves the car's resale.

How much does a used Mustang even go for? Everyone will assume it's been abused even with no previous damage reports. They'd be correct because it's a fucking 18 year old kid, not exactly the person you'd pick from a lineup to be a responsible driver.

Seems like your just trying to jew out insurance for some extra cash.

Dont really think its worth it for what you will get paid out and all the trouble fighting the insurance.

Now if you had an extremely rare and collectible car then pursuing would be worth the trouble and time.

You are better going after the truck guy in court that fought with you

You sound like a fucking asshole, and this is *your* side of the story
Lmao

>no 5.0 badge
>plate says Slow Eco
>complain to Veeky Forums about mustang being hit

I don't know if this is the greatest troll of all time? Or this guy actually bought a V4 mustang?

Cops deal with this kind of stuff every day. 99% of them have amazing bullshit detectors and a sixth sense about what really happened and who is at fault.

I can almost guarantee there is more to this story. Just a guess -- you drove by, flipped the guy off, got in front of him and slammed the brakes, he hit you, you got out and shoved him, he beat your ass, your girlfriend called 911 and he drove off while you made up this story to put him in the worst possible light.

This sounds extremely plausible
>V4

nah you're a faggot. OP should have been carrying a gun and just shot the faggot (someone like you) next time they get in his face.

You won't cut someone off again when you're bleeding out on the highway faggot

It's not his picture. It's a customer pic for a product from American Muscle.

americanmuscle.com/trufiber-cf-spoiler-gurneyflap-fstbk-1516.html#customer_pics-0

Also
>V4

top kek

>(someone like you) next time they get in his face.
>Someone like me
>The person that wouldn't entertain this faggotry on the road in the first place.
No.

>How the fuck do I make sure I don't get ripped off?
kinda late, you already bought a mustang

Yeah your right
I'm not OP but I can tell you right now if you read his replies from start to finish his story changes multiple times indicating he's lying a fuck ton
First it's his car then his poor grandmema bought half of it for him (trying to save face)
Then he didn't shove the guy but turns out he did
And finally he keeps dodging responsibility for his actions which shows me he's just some punk 18 year old trustfund baby who's assmad because an upstanding citizen had enough of his shit
Good fucking riddance.

Never trust cops bruh, theyre either idiots, dont give a fuck, or both. When my first car got hit the cop talked to me for less than a minute. The official report was the furthest it could be from what actually happened, my car wouldnt of been facing the direction it had been facing after i got hit if what the report said had happened was true. Always get assloads of pics and videos, start recording as soon as you recover from the crash and dont stop until its all settled and the cops leave

Sounds like the guys a dick, fuck him as much as you can. The official report should have his info, address, etc. Itd be a shame if his recently repaired truck got fucked up again

I like you guys. Thanks for getting my mom's back care paid for after she got rear ended.

You won't get anything for diminished value. It's fucked up, but no lawyer is going to take a DV case because they're only in it for the multi-million dollar personal injury cases, which just leaves you vs. another insurance company which does have lawyers.

Someone hit my 100k Porsche and I didn't get shit (besides the repairs).

Which shop did you go to?

I hate how you started the thread with an insult, got defensive about your story before you even finished telling it, then demanded advice from the people you insulted.

pic related. it's basically you

It sucks that you and your gf got your ass beat but let that be a lesson to not drive like a dick. People are going to be assholes on the road, be an adult and let it go. It's not worth it.

That can't be OP, dude looks like he's over 17 years old

Good luck bro