The year is now 2032. You still own your current shitbox and you've maintained it well...

The year is now 2032. You still own your current shitbox and you've maintained it well. It's basically in the same condition now as it was 15 years ago. Did your car appreciate or depreciate in value?

Post your car here and state your case.

2002 WRX. Probably worth less than nothing at this point.

Mine never had any value to start with.

I never had mine to begin with

2009 Ford Ranger
The smallest pickup truck is now a 1 ton chassis with a 1.0 liter compound turbo 20 speed automatic. Base model packages now force you to have a full interface that connects to your brain. Long gone are the days of manual windows, door locks and transmissions. Light pickup trucks from all manufacturers have increased to a 6 figure price for their rarity

1989 Mustang 5.0. For whatever reason these have started appreciating a little now, I would expect its value to have risen, not that I care. This is a perfect "bitch" car.

2001 Ford Mustang V6
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it has 30k original miles on it and since you said same condition I'll round that up to 40k

Now the new edge mustangs around my area right now are going for 5k or less with 150k miles or more on them so let's say In 15 years a lot of these cars went to pasture.
Finally with all that In mind I'm sure I could get 10-15k out of a "mint" V6

Lol

>15 years w/o having a car

Assault combustion engines will be banned long before that. No grandfathering clauses either.

2017 WRX STi, probably massively depreciated, since IC engines are basically being cucked.

Can I apply this to my dads car?
1977 carrera
>Rip in piece ICE engines

>aw11 MR2

probably not

>2001 Prelude

It's one of the last good Hondas, but they're always going to be way behind the Integra as far as desirability. They're practically worthless now, so I can only imagine as cars become more cucked they might go up a bit. Prices have been on the rise for the last couple years here in Canada, so that's a good indicator as well I guess.

1994 300ZX, NA.
It's always gonna be a piece of shit, it's a fucking NA.

it would be literally half a century old, at that point is it even feasible to maintain, unless it becomes a twingo tier surprise classic being so ugly it's cool

My cars always going to be worth a lot because I know what I got.

Well it's not worth anything now so no it won't depreciate. In fact it may be worth more due to how rare a running one would be

1990 300CE
Considering 15 years ago it was already about 12 years old hmm.
I wonder how rusty it was 15 years ago. I'm going to assume it had no visible rust and the engine high temp paint was in better shape. Probably had around 150K miles at that point.

Well considering these seem to have gone up about 10%-20% in value since I got mine three years ago I bet they'd continue to appreciate.

I bet I could get 15K out of it, they were comparitively rare to begin with, desirable because of the DOHC version of possibly their most notoriously bulletproof engines, and have timeless styling. I may be able to get more as pristine, low mileage CE's right now with all their paperwork could likely fetch 15K.

15-30K I would say, definitely into the "classic" territory that far ahead in the future.

>implying all ice powered cars won't be crushed for environmental terrorism
>implying human driven cars will still be legal by then
Your car won't exist. It will be recycled into shiny new self driving e-golfs. Be realistic.

Not gonna lose any value.
I will certainly gonna appreciate in value.

I don't think a 01 CL-S with 300k on it right now would be worth shit.

who the fuck knows. S2K prices seem to being going up a bit but I think its just because 90 percent of people are overvaluing their cars. In 2032 idk probably still work at least 10k. I don't think it will reach NSX collector car values.

1996 M Edition Miata. It's a classic now, $50,000.

Somebody is going to remember why the 2nd amendment exists if that shit is pulled.

Could go either way desu. Depends how quickly the supply drops off.

My 2004 Saturn Ion appreciated in value. With Saturn dead and gone, Saturns are just now starting to rise in value due to renewed interest in early 2000's tuner cars. The more unique, the better. With plastic body panels, suicide doors, and a 5 speed manual transmission attached to the ever modular and beloved GM Ecotec I4, the value can only go up from here.

nope

its the future 944/924

cool story

such an ugly piece of shit

its the truth

especially your car
>yellow blinkers
>no litronics
>non S
>gray interior

I have a 1990 Toyota pickup and I feel the exact same way

>subaru crosstrek
probably not
its becoming the subaru civic
so its shit

Lol I'm impressed by the amount of hate.
>Engine in the right place
>even 944s are appreciating
>got it for 5400
If it's not at or near rock bottom, I'll eat my hat.

2006 WRX. I mention Baby Driver fifteen times in the ad. It appreciates.

1994 RX-7, 60k miles, 100% stock. It's already appreciated in value since I've owned it so I'm guessing it will continue to appreciate as long as the hysterical myths surrounding the rotary keep to a minimum. I will never sell her as long as I'm alive though.

absolutely beautiful.

i hate you

1995 Mercedes S320. Could go either way, but I think it would probably depreciate. Maybe I could trick some African dictator into buying it for a fortune though.

>Newfag
>Can'tgreentx

2014 435xi
Probably worth less than $10k. Give it another 10-20 years and it might appreciate though

>>>implying anyone on Veeky Forums can afford to properly maintain a W126
Yeah, mine's going to be full rats-nest ran-when-parked mode by then.

06 Civic

Depreciated. but not as bad since automated cars have slowly become forced onto the public, so manual econoboxes with little connectivity have become valued.

Not everyone lives in burgerville

if US version then yes, if from europe, it would be worth more

1995 Holden commonwhore ute 5ltr
It can't be worth any less, ifyounowatimsaiyen

Probably not, unless a second era of classic cars comes, it's probably gonna be worth as much as a box of crackers.

>If it's not at or near rock bottom, I'll eat my hat.
924/944 has appreciated but not that long ago you could find them for under 1k.

id say youd experience depreciation to the same point due to the fact it is widely hated, has no defining good looks and is mid engine meaning less skid tax potential.

I bought mine for 1700.

1992 Ford Ranger

If I put as many miles on it per year as I've averaged since I got it, it will have 560k miles on it.
Which is slightly more then double it's current mileage.

But, if it somehow makes it that long, given how few other rangers might be on the road by that time, it might have a SLIGHT increase in value.

Probably not by much though.

I'm guessing even if it does appreciate it will be marginal.

But you never know.

Volvo 244 1983, seeing that they are only rising in price, and that it is in its original state, this will probably have risen a lot in value.

R33 GTST
It's in brilliant condition today, if it was in the same condition in 15 years I'd be amazed. Overall, probably appreciated a little since I got it for 10k.

I don't think I could drive the same thing for 15 years though, I might die.

well I guess if that american automatic will still be running by then, it will outlive any krautwagen with dsg lol.

1990 rx7 fc
170k km
will definitely have raised in value, obviously not as rare as an FD though

shes beautiful

I think these trips of truth are a breath of fresh air

appreciated as fuck

Prove me wrong

I have a meme machine
If MFGhost is any good then it'll appreciate

Nice car user
I genuinely mean it

rust free 1998 jeep cherokee. if it stayed in the same condition it is now i think itd go up in value. 34 year old reliable in that year jeep? if someone can argue otherwise id love to hear it

It's worth 3k today it'll be 3k in 15 years

It's worth nothing now, it'll be less then. But when in 2035 there won't be any diesel car anymore and everyone is driving a Tesla™ I'll drive by in my 30 yo diesel engine, pumping out glorious diesel soot because no DPF, while watching environmentalist crying.

2009 Ford Ranger

It might have a bit of a "cool" factor to somebody looking for a "vintage" company truck but I'd imagine that market would be rather small in 15 years

She's beautiful. I'm very happy to see clean FD, if a bit envious

And for mine, i can't really imagining a V40 will gain value

probably no
it's just a light modern ecobox

I have a 2004 non-STI WRX in world rally blue

it's completely stock. haven't even had the uppipe cat converter removed.

Think this car will be sought after in the future?

would it ever be have that cool "vintage" appeal like the vibe those 60s/70s muscle cars have?

>would it ever be have that cool "vintage" appeal like the vibe those 60s/70s muscle cars have?
no probably not. even non sti gc8 wrx really dont attract too much value now. And theyre reaching 25 years old. It will hold a higher residual value than most cars but dont expect it to become particularly collectible. They were produce in high numbers too and used as family cars, so finding clean ones isn't always that hard.

>2032
>ice cars are banned
>driving is banned
>there is no place for a car enthusiast
>Friday night
>dad says he's found a new "spot"
>tells me to follow him into the garage
>around the back where I've never been
>inside sits a dirty four door saloon
>the front wheels are mags that may have been expensive and cool 20 years ago
>they were once white but are stained black
>one of the rear wheels looks stock for a car of its age
>the other is an ancient 15" steel wheel, unheard of in this age of 25" alloys on base model cars
>both tires are down to the wires
>dad says "cover your ears I'm firing it up"
>dad leans inside
>but dad how will you turn on your car without putting on your seat belt, pushing down on the brake, looking in all four directions for children, and agreeing to the terms and conditions after the loading screen?
>dad simply shakes a lever in the middle of the car making a "tick tock" sound
>then he puts something next to the manual steering device and turns it
>a noise sounding like mums Prius when she got it stuck precedes a roar
>it is not a nice sound
>it is the sound of all those ancient videos dad has saved
>it's a straight piped 20e
>we peel out of the garage, the outside rear wheel spinning and chirping as the welded diff forces it to turn
>we make it to the spot and dad pushes two of the pedals on the floor at once
>dad screams "RIP IT LITTLE JOHNNY"
>a horrible noise is made, followed by a loud screeching
>what is this sensation
>we are moving, but not towards
>the outside air fills with a white smoke
>it fills the cabin, assaulting my nostrils with its almost comforting smell
>we spin around in circles for what seems like an eternity until two loud bangs are heard
>we limp home and hide the skid hack
>dad says we will take it out again some day but we need new tires and the "AFM" is fucked and now it's "miss firing" or something and is saying where will we get "split fires" in this day and age
>rip

My mustang will probably have depreciated.
My Trans Am will probably have appreciated since they all have been going up in the last or so years pretty good.

Don't mod it. Unmolested ones would be worth 10x more

Good on you, user, she's beautiful. I'm getting an FD soon, they're still pretty cheap in the UK.

2006 r53. Was never worth anything at all.

wtf

And lowered so you will probably have to pay somebody to take that shit away from you.
>hurr #stancenation

Well me and this guy Are on the same boat the only Toyota cars I can see go up in value is the ae86 if retards keep trashing them to nonexistence and the sw20 mr2. Only clean examples of the supercharged aw11 mr2 would go up in value but not overly expensive.

It's widely hated by people who have never driven one, everyone who actually drives it loves it. The engine note is gorgeous, the driving feel is fantastic, and the car can corner like crazy.
The people who hate it won't ever be looking for one, so that doesn't really affect the value that much.

>100% stock
>mint condition
Are you trying to become a billionaire ?

Also, I don't actually expect to own it by 2032, but I'm pretty sure it will have started to rise in the next 10 years.

89 deville. I wonder what people will think of my land barge in a few decades

>1991 BMW 318is
>1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ

I'm rich, right guys? right?

Is that a base model with options or a PEP/PEG? I see a sunroof and leather seats, but no fog lights.

Here's what mine used to look like.

full ragtop 2 door citroen berlingo multispace, I think it'll appreciate a surprising amount but mine's a piece of shit with a ton of miles on it

>tfw illegal twingos

2005 Toyota Camry, probably loses some value as the newer ones may be better or do the same thing. Toyota mass produce these cars to give basic boring reliable driving. Why get a 2005 when you can get the 2030 Toyota Camry with sky steering.

Othercar being my 2006 Saab 9-3 which would probably skyrocket in value as they still won't make Saab again even in 2032.

They're basically appreciating right now.

Only if it's the Turbo X.

I'm driving a '83 Chevrolet Van with a '88 Land Cruiser as a winter car. Both in alrightish shape
I think both of these cars will rather appreciate in value rather than the opposite. Wouldn't surprise me if I still owned both in '32, so I guess I'll see.

Let's see that '83 van. I can tell you right now if it'll appreciate.

The Land Cruiser certainly will, all LCs are currently appreciating.

Plan on keeping it stock and daily driving a motorcycle, so I shouldn't lose too much value. Maybe $10k

no one wants these now, let alone in 15 years.

Yeah that has been my understanding regarding the Land Cruiser. It does need to have the drivers door, front left fender and the rear door replaced but all in all it has been very solid performance wise.

The Van also needs bodywork as you can see, but it runs extremely well and without any issues. I couldn't find a newer pic but it has some damage on the bumper and left fender from an accident.

Tell that to the people buying them at $10k markup.

There is a small but growing clan of people who are restoring old Chev vans. Not sure if will ever grow to cult status like the VW camper vans did, but I do see more of them out there than 10 years ago.

It'd certainly be cool to restore and DD it for yourself, even if it doesn't become a collectible. Give a rad respray and turn it into a bohemian shagwagon.

Scratch that, found one.
I will be swapping the front for one from an older '77 G20.

Make it chrome bro, these things look pretty tight when they're done up properly.

I've always thought they would be a bitch to service though - is engine access a PITA?

There's no one in my country who chromes car parts, so not a real option for me.

And nah it's actually not hard at all to work on, just take the center console off inside (it has a lock on each side) and you've got plenty of room.

>There's no one in my country

>DDs an 80's chev van

Where the fuck do you live? And how did you get hold of this van? I didn't think they sold these outside of America/Canada.

In Iceland. And easy, I asked a friend of mine if he had any parts for my '80 Malibu. He said that he didn't but that he had an old Van for me, which sparked my interest. And here I am, hehe

Yeah there seems to be a number of people with a thing for them, which is nice. I personally have always liked these old Chevy Vans the most out of all these van type cars.
And there really aren't that many here compared to, say, the Econolines

And I honestly hope they don't get to the level of status that the camper vans hold.

I own a 3g eclipse. I can't see it increasing in value unless 2 fast 2 furious gets extremely popular for some reason.

>there is at least one person on Veeky Forums who lives in Iceland

Cool. How much is gas in your country?

You can't see me right now, but just know that I'm making a severely disgusted face.

The value would increase slightly due to rarity maybe. A plastic/oil shortage might increase the value of the car a lot, but now I am just making shit up as I go along.

200isk/liter, which I think in freedom units is roughly 6.60$/gallon.
Life is suffering

2013 BRZ. By 2032 i think clean models will be worth something.
>One of the last na sports cars
>Not sold in massive quantities and many will be wrecked or silly modded

I think it will fall along a 240z type curve

Fuck. Canadian here, that's like $2.20 (leafbucks) per litre.

I run premium and was bitching that I had to pay $1.39 the other day.