Is riding without a helmet as really as bad an idea as reddit makes it out to be?

Is riding without a helmet as really as bad an idea as reddit makes it out to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nC-OucPbBCo?t=2m45s
2keller.com/library/harley-davidson-wobble.cfm
youtube.com/watch?v=F87-o8JnHlo
youtube.com/watch?v=aVwY0JUK-O4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes nigger it really is

Yes, if you fuck up that's your brains splattered across the concrete.
If you don't wear riding gear at least your noggin is still protected, you'll just have to get skin grafts for days/weeks/months/years/forever.
If you don't wear a helmet AND riding gear you're as good as dead. You'll look like a fucking run over skunk.

please ride without a helmet OP and report back when you crash

I never see people with helmets though. I live on a major highway and commute it daily and the only people I ever see with helmets are nerds on sport touring bikes with panniers

Well, jump out of your car at highway speeds and make sure to smack your skull into the roadway a few times before you stop and let us know how it went.

Then go ride with out a helmet, nothing of value will be lost since that head is already empty. I rate your bait 8/10

Has it ever occurred to you that most people are fucking retards?

Dress for the slide, not the ride.

this

alright fag, I will. Don't choke on your kale and couscous salad on your way back from GAP you fucking lame

youtu.be/nC-OucPbBCo?t=2m45s

related

>GAP

I need a metal cage with airbags and soft seats in order to feel safe on the road with multi-ton vehicles traveling at high velocities. I have a motor cycle license and a bike, I sold it after I got spooked one too many times.

Live to die, man.
(With a helmet and protective gear)

Yes. In most crashes your head bounces off the pavement even the squidliest squids all roll helmets

And besides that, imagine a pebble hitting your face at 100mph. Fuck. That.

Helmets also prevent cops from being able to prove it was you riding the bike :^)

liberal fantasy
the ground can't hurt you

Looks juicy desu. Like a plump tomato.

I'm hungry now

Even in countries like El Salvador helmets and seatbelts are required by law.

Why were you on reddit?

I don't see why we need to mandate it

when people die it's just cleaning the gene pool up

i fell off my motocross the other day at around 30kph and no matter how much i tried in the last split seconds i could not stop my head from bouncing off the ground really hard.

thank god for helmets.

Why are harleytards so retarded? They can't even drive in a straight line

Do you not know what speed wobble is?

squid got reked

its cuz they aint straight

i.e.gay

get it?

>i-it's not my fault!!1 the bike did it!
Eat shit harley fag

That was a killer 360 spin he did, how did he manage that? Are bikes inherently unstable?

This isn't a Harley thing, though.
Speed wobble is caused by the road. It is possible to recover from it, but often times it is unavoidable.
(he should have been wearing a helmet, though.)
t. nobike

according to /dbt/ only squids crash because a good rider can avoid 100% of accidents.

so if you aren't a squid a helmet or any other form of protection is completely unnecessary and just advertises how garbage of a rider you really are.

>Harley
>Squid
Lol

>stunt riding (50 km/h in a blocked off parkin lot with medics nearby) is the same as going 65 mph on the highway
k

This post makes no sense.
If you don't have a helmet or gear, you ARE a squid.
Reckless riding is just the cherry on top, but riding without protection is reckless in its own right.

a squid is anyone who loves road rash

both squids and non squids crash but when a squid crashes its way worse

I use to work at a Harley dealer and I got to listen to people bitching about Louisiana's helmet law. Some even came in asking for non-DOT approved helmets...

I mean... Why not just buy a shitty DOT helmet rather than a more expensive non-DOT novelty helmet? Maybe they should remove that law, obviously there is nothing inside their head worth protecting.

Properly set up bikes (almost all bikes from the factory except harley shit and brands like them) can take corners at mind blowing speed. Bikes are inherently VERY STABLE. The reason he went down is because of rider error and a lack of proper maintenance.

Those same dudes do 2 mile long standup wheelies on the highway bruh

>Helmets also prevent cops from being able to prove it was you riding the bike :^)
Unless your bike is reported stolen, there is 0 legal basis for the "it was not me" excuse
>inb4 what if someone borrowed your bike?
In this case they would have to man up and confess, if they don't, your own fault.

Nigger

Only a bad idea if you suck at riding :^)

you can't control other people on the road

Then ride more attentively.
>But Stacy in her gl63 while texting
If you aren't paying attention and checking motors regularly you're going to get rekt regardless.

you can pay perfect attention and still get killed easily by other people on the road

That just means you weren't paying enough attention to begin with :^)

squids will defend their squid status to the end

Well if I'm killed then I'm dead and I don't have to deal with it.

What do you think someone is going to come blasting through a blind red light with you in the right hand lane going 50? No don't fucking do that. Pay more attention to your surroundings and see

like I said, squids will defend their squid status to the end

Who pays the hospital bill to keep those vegetables alive when they're some scant chance they may live?

Your taxes and your health insurance you pay out the ass for does.

>kitkat thinks hes a good rider

Ever been shot in the face with a marble from a paintball gun? Don't wont to experience that? Wear a fucking full face helmet.

no, bikes are self-stabilising if set up right.

Big Harleys have a design flaw that makes them prone to wobble. This is why police departments stopped buying them and are going to beemers or other manufacturers.

Thanks to a full face helmet I have my jawbone and teeth in their place.

I don't know, is smashing your motherfucking skull against a car or the pavement really as dangerous as a trauma surgeon would tell you it is?

Also who gives a flying fuck about reddit?

>I never see people with helmets though.
If you're too stupid to know that the average person is fucking stupid then you're below average :' (

yeah just dont fall over lol

Not at all man, helmets are for fags

I'm decent enough at this point. Not great, but more proficient than I've ever been. Bikes are fun.

What if you genuinely don't care whether you live or die? Then is it bad to go without gear?

Then you have a big chance of becoming a vegetable and suffering for the rest of your life.
There are better ways to be suicidal.

Aren't many cooler wats to die though.

>shit kat kills himself

yes please

>Tries to pop sikk wheelies on a GSX-R going 100mph
>Falls like a retard
>Everybody points and laughs as he's wheeled into the ambulance
>Lives in the hospital as a vegetable-tier cripple, attended by nurses when he shits his bed or needs a sponge bath
>Eventually dies in his bed much later
Truly seems like the coolest way to go out, do it brah #YOLO

>Unless your bike is reported stolen, there is 0 legal basis for the "it was not me" excuse
>In this case they would have to man up and confess, if they don't, your own fault.

This depends largely on the circumstances of the case and the crime in question, although you're mostly correct.
For example, a magistrate would probably laugh if you tried to pull this for a traffic ticket.
However, a jury might be hesitant to convict someone on trial for manslaughter if the driver's identity is in question. Although even here you'd probably need more than 'lol you can't see my face it's not me'.

You can either look like a fag for a 20 min ride, or be dead or a vegetable. It's up to you homie.

>shit rider
>Harley

I recall hearing that this happened after he had some work done to his bike, and it was returned to him with the rear wheel misaligned with the front.

You can imagine a bike not being stable when the rear wheel is shifted over to one side one or two centimeters compared to the front.

>only wear helmet and gloves
>And doc martens because sneakers feel weird to ride with

Come at me bro

>I wear a power ranger suit to go the gas station, the post

T. Crashes his eg hatch with a few simple mods

Buy a mask and a bottle of helium, don't make an already bad reputation worse for motorcyclists.

>This isn't a Harley thing, though.

Except it literally is, faggot. HD is facing lawsuits for their chassis designs being highly susceptible to 'death wobble'.

depends if you fall off or not

That's gotta be an insane road rash.

t. Squid who doesn't believe in friction or idiots.

If I'm riding, full gear. Jacket, trousers, boots, helmet, gloves, and a tube scarf to stop insects, road debris, or freezing cold night air from hitting my neck directly.
Keeping my skin and life is worth the effort of putting it on and carrying it around, the expense of buying it, and the sweat in summer.

It is though 2keller.com/library/harley-davidson-wobble.cfm

In arizona you don't need one. But you also cannot do unsafe shit like drive in between cars

Lawrence of Arabia had a mild spill at like 30 miles per hour.

His head bounced off road and he died.

Something that happens to harleys out of fucking nowehere because HD compromises chassis and suspension design because anything better, naturally, looks almost nothing like the mid 20th century style their target market wants.

Buying a harley is like DDing a classic muscle car and then wondering why the slightest bit of oversteer tends to end in a rollover.

>drive in between cars
>unsafe

facts about going five miles over the speed limit:
>ITS ILLEGAL.
>LOGIC DICTATES THAT IT IS DANGEROUS. SPEED KILLS.
>(but statistics say people who drive like this are less prone to accidents in the first place)
>ITS ILLEGAL.
>(everyone does it anyways)
Facts about lane splitting:
>ITS LEGAL SOMETIMES
>LOGIC DICTATES THAT THERE IS NOTHING DANGEROUS ABOUT IT GRANTED YOU ARE NOT CROSSING GAPS THAT CARS COULD USE TO LEGALLY CHANGE LANES
>STATISTICS DICTATE THAT RIDERS WHO LANE SPLIT ARE LESS ACCIDENT PRONE
>squids find ways to make it dangerous anyways

People die from tripping over and smacking their head on the side walk and you think riding down a road at 60+ mph on a bike is a smart thing to be doing?

i mean if you are after a darwin award it is a good plan.

honestly of all the stupid motorcycle accidents that happen in first world countries that allow unrestricted lane filtering, most of them are retarded motorcyclists who don't know how to use their brakes.

maybe it would be different in the US of A where every other vehicle has tow mirrors and is nearly as wide as a lorry.

>trousers
nevermind everyone he's a eurocuck we can all go home now

>classic muscle car... the slightest bit of oversteer tends to end in a rollover.
Neck yourself kiddo, if you're not reality warpingly bad at driving you can slide classic muscle cars endlessly. That's all they did when you cornered back in the day because the tires were so shit. Classic muscle means long wheelbase, light rear and live axle - they slide wonderfully.

i dont know the exact ins and outs of the defense, just that it's gotten some guys i know out of some serious shit

>Nigger
mad?

Option 1:
No helmet and you make out with bugs rocks and other debris constantly
Option 2:
Wear a helmet that blocks bugs, debris and wind

Real hard choice. Not wearing a helmet is on par with riding in slippers. You're not doing it out of convenience because its more inconvenient than the safe option

that was a real good movie

g/o/sling is our guy

>fall off
>die
>no wind protection
>get bugs all on your face

why wouldnt you wear a helmet

it looks dumb af

Nice bantz.

Your ugly mug looks fumb af fag

people should be free to ride without a helmet if they choose. But in doing so they automatically become organ donors.

youtube.com/watch?v=F87-o8JnHlo

100% agree. Its a horrible idea safety wise but isn't this what freedoms all about?

I'm really not sure grinding to a half and using the power of a vee aight to torque steer you left and right is drifting

>people should be free to ride without a helmet if they choose. But in doing so they automatically become organ donors.
>100% agree. Its a horrible idea safety wise but isn't this what freedoms all about?

so a guy who rides a harley no helmet in a singlet who falls off on his first corner and becomes a vegetable for life, who then lives off your tax dollars for the next 50 years for a preventable injury is an okay thing to happen?

>are americans really this stupid

oh wait. mUh FrEEdUmBs

>using torque to steer you left and right is not drifting
But it is when you do it in a 600hp japanese car right?
youtube.com/watch?v=aVwY0JUK-O4
So if a muscle car does it professionally like in vid does it still not count?

Your face is going to look dumb af when you crash and land on it.