How does Veeky Forums feel about manufactures moving towards global platforms?

How does Veeky Forums feel about manufactures moving towards global platforms?
Is it going to make all their cars feel the same? Does it remove some of the personality of a car?

>TNGA (Toyota New Global Architecture)
>Subaru Global Platform
>Honda to develop global car platform with India focus

As long as the cars are in the same category as each other it's fine.

Like small sedans, hatchbacks and coupes on the same architecture is fine.

SUVs based on that same platform are not

VAG has been doing this for a while, seems a logical step for everyone else.

It's gonna lead to compromises in a lot of places, since it's going to be difficult to match all the restrictions of every market. Still, there's plenty of room in terms of engine choice, suspension tuning, and exterior/interior design. I forsee tech becoming the most important factor for 95% of the people buying cars, so the car itself is becoming less important anyway.

I just hope european platforms don't get adulterated with inferior american designs.

VAG has taken this to the fucking extreme. Everything from the VW Passat to the Skoda Kodiaq to the VW Polo to the Audi A3 is MQB.

Toyota used the same platform for everything from the Yaris to the RAV4 for ages. That they have a new small platform should be no surprise.

Volvo went more extreme, they only really make one engine now with different specifications.

Because European platforms were so good to start with

>there will never be another Holden ute

Better than american ones.

kek, the american cars so slow a tree grows while its crashing

It's not the cars so much as the drivers. American douchebags watch a drift video and think they have the same skills as someone that's been drifting for longer than they've been alive. Sure, some cars are built shitty, but when you drive them past their level of performance what else do you expect? That's like blaming silverware and plates for making people fat when in fact it's their own stupidity.

Don't have to worry about that lad. All of the """"Good""""" american cars these days are riding on platforms developed in europe.

>but when you drive them past their level of performance what else do you expect?
But how can a regular Joe Blow get past the level of performance of a car?

By having cheap tires

So what.. Toyota does it too. Look at $100K LC and LS , which are using the $25K Prius platform aka TNGA.

American cars have nothing to lose, Japanese and European cars have nothing to gain.

But MQB is a sweet platform.

By making it do things it wasn't designed to do. You don't see people picking up something like a Rav4 for it's sick drift abilities, do you? I never heard anyone sing songs of praise for the Isuzu Trooper 2/Acura SLX being a drag racing beast. Use some common sense.

I'm okay with it as long as the cars are good. TNGA and MQB have both seemed to put out great cars.

Toyota made me actually find the Camry lust-worthy. I didn't even think that was possible.

I prefer the Ford XR6, but I feel your feels.

A shitty chassis is a shitty chassis no matter how it's driven.

ALL american cars are shit by EU/rest of the world standards. Even Ford, which is the next best thing to a luxury brand in the EU, sells trash cars to white trash that then crashes them.
Know why the Fiesta ST is such a revolution in the USA? It's a euro-spec car. Goes fast, handles well, lots of miles to the gallon because it's only got a 1.0L engine and no weight. And it sacrifices everything in order to not crush you in an accident.
American cars are heavy, handle badly due to a floppy chassis, and in a crash will either hurl you out the windscreen, snap in half at the B pillar, or catch fire.

You get monkey models because it's a monkey market. Want better cars, stop driving like fucking monkeys.

the 1l ecoboost is garbage and the germans autos on the regular model were absolute garbage.