ITT: You have 20k, build something on a dealer site on that budget and post your choice

ITT: You have 20k, build something on a dealer site on that budget and post your choice.
The Corolla iM (formerly Scion iM) is actually kind of fun hatchback with a good manual gearbox that at least tries in the styling department which a lot of cars in this price point are lacking
Added:
>Sweet OEM rice wing with "vortex generators"
>TRD lowering springs

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/yeerongpilly/cars-vans-utes/1999-hyundai-excel-x3-sprint-twin-cam-orange-5-speed-manual-hatchback/1157841322
youtube.com/watch?v=4cFOFgHjQT4
youtube.com/watch?v=kl1vMwzeJQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>20k USD
>25k AUD

Can I go up to 30k AUD because of the retarded tax and duty we get here?

sure ausbro

Options
>Bed Tent
>Carpeted Floor Mats
>Bedliner

Don't need anything else.

I like the Honda Fit sport, I just wish there was a nice Fit Si but im sure this is as close as we will get :(

>buy a mid 2000's Corolla for $5k
>spend 15k on motorcycles
>????
>profit

The thread literally says a sub 20k car off a dealer site. Can you read?

why not make it what you can actually haggle down to 20k? that gives us a few more k to wiggle with

Cheap and asian, thats all I need

you can get a civic hatch, honda fit, impreza, and mazda 3 for under $20k, all of which I would prefer over the iM.

I wish they would make a 3 door hatch sport version of the Fit. It would be more similar to the Civics of the 90s than the current "Civic" "hatchback"

buying new is a fucking meme either way

>mitsubishi
>in the year two thousand and seventeen

The new civics are fantastic cars. If you're good at haggling you can get an EX-T, EX-L, SI for under 20K and besides the Mazda their is just no competion.

Quiet, fast, agile, loaded with tech, comfortable, attractive and gets over 40 mpg. Honda hit it out if the park this generation honestly

you can get a fiesta ST for

>japanese chebbie in 2000 + 17

CAD, so 24k is about right. One of the only options with >150hp and not FWD. Honestly wouldn't mind one as a DD, although I'd probably haggle for the upgraded sound system as well.

>Honda hit it out if the park this generation honestly
I'm really disappointed with Honda's lineup. Current generation Civics are huge and unattractive in my opinion.

Surprisingly good looking for a 5dr hatch

god I test drove those, love the car but that engine is such a fucking dog.

actually come to think of it, fuck spending 30k on a new car when I could buy at least 30 hyundai excels

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/yeerongpilly/cars-vans-utes/1999-hyundai-excel-x3-sprint-twin-cam-orange-5-speed-manual-hatchback/1157841322

But if people don't buy new, how am I supposed to get those sweet used deals?

I wouldn't say fun. Good but not really fun. It's underpowered. But it's a sweet looking ride. My coworker has one and it looks beautiful in blue. Too bad Toyota doesn't have LED DRL on them, this should be standard. Also no sunroof like the scion TC. But for 19k you can't go wrong.

thank GOD chebby redid the front end of those abominations

Focus S 2.0L Manual (160hp, 2950lbs) : $14150
Enkei J10 + Yokohama S.Drive tires (from Tirerack): $850
FSWerks Race Exaust: $450
FSWerks Green Filter Intake: $170
Moontune Strut Tower Brace: $215
Blistein coilovers: $1100

190HP/170TQ for less than $17000 new with E85 Fuel.

>ferd
You forgot the part where it falls apart after 60k miles

Don't really know much about Mazda 3s but they fit the price range

Sentra Turbo could be another candidate, but its 21k. However with dealer incentives, it would be cut around 1k. Whether or not it's a good car is up for debate

Mazda's current gen is really aesthetic. It's a shame they dropped all the power from turbo or a v6. A v6 Mazda6 would be an excellent alternative to a Camry, I'd bet.

the econoboxes cars look nice but where are the fun cars? All that's left is the miata.

turbo VW life is good life

How successful do you think a rwd, turbo-4 Mazda3 variant would be?

I didn't know that you can get a brand new truck for $20,000, wow.

FWIW I just bought a brand new SEL with the Sony Audio package for $16,500.

Apparently you can't get a manual with anything but the ST/RS or the poverty-spec S trim nowadays. I'd take the DCT if they fixed its problems and had paddle shifters.

thinks a car from the year 2500 will be $5000 right now

Chevy Sonic Turbo. A great hatchback with decent performance aftermarket support. Some companies have already gotten 300 HP from the 1.4L Turbo
youtube.com/watch?v=4cFOFgHjQT4
youtube.com/watch?v=kl1vMwzeJQo

Captcha: STREET KING

Ford Fiesta, Titanium, Candy Blue, Nav System
For 19.5K that gets me Leather Seats and the Powershift tranny in a decent compact econobox.

Depending on what you had to do besides get yourself from A-B you might need more space but I'd personally rather have a specced up compact than a base model mid-size

>Powershift tranny
enjoy constantly replacing that unreliable transmission

Put your trip back on vtak

Well this shit was easy.

What's next?

I certainly agree but just dont see them doing it when most of their market these days want 4 doors instead. We can hope though.

no discounts allowed. try again.
MSRP only

2005 Frontier is still in full production for an indefinite time, they are great values.

kek, you can get a NEW GTI S with manual trans for close to that (under 20k) a far, far, superior option.

Why would you buy that 4 banger trash new for 20k???

in the used truck market, 20k will get you a very nice relatively recent full size pickup with a decent V6 or V8. A lot more capable.

Smart ForTwo for $15,400, then take the front end off of a 2014 twingo and put it on the smart

I was under the impression Ford had worked out most of the issues with their powershift, though I'm well aware of the issues with previous models.

still an issue, just slightly less prevalent

That's sad to hear. Not that I'm in the market for a new car right now but the Titanium package on the Fiesta is the only one that comes with Leather seats and that trim level is automatic only.

The correct choice here. Nimble, 6spd manual, good looks except for the fish mouth nose.

Excluding the Fiesta are there any other cars in that price and more importantly economy range that have better acceleration or at the very least are kinda fun to drive?

I'm going off specs and some anecdotal reports on the ia, which if I remember right is a rebadged Mazda 2.

Here OP, have some unappealing gookshit, since the best ones have been taken already.

>mazda3
Not very, I think. What they should do is make a RWD V6 saloon car out of the Mazda6 chassis, since that's a market that KIA feels confident stepping into.

Forgot pic, of course. This is in Canadabucks; at the sub 20k price range here, any chance at something decent or performance-oriented goes out the window.

>This is in Canadabucks; at the sub 20k price range here, any chance at something decent or performance-oriented goes out the window.
see:
Performance is possible in budget without resorting to something as hideous as the Veloster

>RWD V6 saloon car out of the Mazda6 chassis
That's pretty good too. I'd love an affordable RWD V6 sedan that's not huge and/or American. Seems like there are so few options out there recently.

It seems like the only up-and-comer in that market is the Stinger, which I want to like, but also distrust because it's Korean.

>30 × 1,999 = 30k

Is this the power of common core?

civic lx
>larger motor than corolla im
>honda
>doesn't have seating position of a crossover
>no direct injection

You forgot
>ugly as fuck

I'm in the market for a car, and I would like a Honda. But Jesus Christ they're ugly.

I'd do something similar, but use the rest of it to give it a few simple mods instead

Nothing. All new cars for 20k are shit. You could get something much nicer used for the same price.

>no miatas
What is wrong with you guys?

They're well over $20k in burgerland