Pretty excited. I just bought my first car. An 08 Civic. What am I in for?

Pretty excited. I just bought my first car. An 08 Civic. What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/03/free-engine-replacement-for-2006-2009-honda-civics/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty good car.

You think it's decently reliable? It has 74k miles. My last car was a hand-me-down 2004 Passat and it has basically just fallen apart at barely 123k.

It's a fucking Civic. It will make it to 200k no problem.

Manual or automatic?

>Buys a car
>Asks about it afterwards

Fuck off.

Yes.

Those civics are 10 years old and still look pretty modern.

Congrats OP, I was looking into one but any manual Honda has too much ricetax in my country, so I got a '13 Focus instead.

Sweet. It's automatic because I'm a retard at cars.

My bad

You will only become interested in cars once you understand the feeling of going fast, late at night, on a secluded road.

Once this happens, and only when this happens, you will have finally outgrown your Civic, and you will yearn for something more. Something with more power.

The worst generation of civic. That disgusting dashboard and instrument panel make me vomit.

Seriously, this was the beginning of Honda becoming so bland (to compete with Toyota), they recently apologized for being so shit.

>the new NSX front end was designed after this

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

OP, mine has been alright for 168k miles. It can be a fun car even in automatic. It's easy to work on yourself and good to learn on. I've been driving it 100 miles a day for four years. Didn't have to replace many parts until it reached 130k or so.

Make sure not to do transmission flushes; do a drain and fill. Watch your rear tires for camber wear. If you feel a bad vibration at idle, your engine mount likely cracked and leaked fluid, but that's easy to replace. Don't ever hit anything with your bumper cover, because it'll blow out the tabs that hold the sides in place (start counting how many Civics you see with that issue). Get some UV protectant for the headlights before they yellow. Keep the car covered because this generation is known for paint issues and the recall period is over. Oh, and get the Takata airbag recall done. Check 8thgencivic.com for tutorials on how to do minor maintenance yourself.

It was an improvement over the 7th generation. The 8th gen Si had an 8k redline with the K20 and they were light for cars of the time period. Any Toyota of the same years looked really outdated and bland. The 9th gen fucked it up by making the car pigfat, having more low-end torque with a low redline (i.e. not fun), and somehow managing to make the interior extremely cheap feeling in comparison to the 8th. Japan didn't even fucking sell the 9th gen.

I an 08 Si coupe
Can't speak for your automatic base model sedan but it's a fun car. Has 130k miles and the only things that have broken on it are the passenger sunvisor and the hooks on the back windows

>having shit taste

its literally one of the last good looking civics,

I have an '08 Civic. Got it at 22k miles, up to 95k now.

It's been a reliable enough car, but I plan on getting rid of it in the near future.

Boredom

Those have an engine block recall

Check if it was done, if not you should get new engine for free. Cant remember what it was exactly but engine block was susceptible to cracks and overheating or something like that

consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/03/free-engine-replacement-for-2006-2009-honda-civics/index.htm

>good looking civics

lost

this
and for the love of god dont dump money into a car you arent willing to keep forever, because youll never get it back

>last good looking civics
>civic
>good looking
>ever

ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaaa