/sthg/ Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #778 - NOT Jackpot Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=noBucnkjd6k
youtube.com/watch?v=wiXUEpcfepk
youtube.com/watch?v=VaQw0IEzn48&spfreload=10
kyu6.deviantart.com/art/Ligue-683214983
youtube.com/watch?v=Zvavclgsp9k[Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=zKywKqzp5jM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Muhahaha... you fools must all have a death wish?

Witness this invincible battleship, built by the hands of a genius. It's power... unmatched throughout the universe!

Stop liking shoehorned characters

What's your favorite underrated vocal Sonic song?

Variety is the spice of life so long as it's reasonably done, thus why you don't force too many playable characters in. Sonic Colors for DS did it fine with character cameos on side-missions.

THE POWER HAS ARRIVED IN A DREAM TEAM

no

youtube.com/watch?v=noBucnkjd6k

It's edgy as shit, but it hits my nostalgia buttons in the same way MCR does. It's a dumb song, but a fun song for that reason

youtube.com/watch?v=wiXUEpcfepk
Edgy but also legitimately good.

Source?

Never mind, didn't read last thread closely enough, sorry.

>he's making the fucking Excalibur face

oh my god

She's a big sloth.

How to draw Sonic characters.
>Step 1: Draw some circles
>Step 2: Big hands and feet
>Step 3: Put some pointy bits here and there
Done!

I like Live Life. It's the embodiment of cheesy sentimental Sonic in music form

youtube.com/watch?v=VaQw0IEzn48&spfreload=10

The game's message is "every world has its end and you just have to accept that and try to live life to the fullest" but I always thought that this song took it a step further and was directly addressing the player and telling them it's okay to be concerned about their own death, but they shouldn't dwell on it or give up on life. One day you're going to start panicking about your own world coming to an end and you're going to feel like shit and you're going to get depressed and do everything you can to just not think about it. This is normal but the intrusive thoughts are just going to keep coming back. You can't just forget about them. You have to deal with them and the only way is to just accept them and life your life. If you look at the lyrics, most of them seem like the common advice you hear given to people going through existential crises.

Sonic games and music usually have some kind of feel good message like "believe in yourself," "you can do anything if you try," etc. but advice on dealing with an existential crisis is just something else. It's definitely not a message you usually hear in games made for children. Maybe it's not what they were going for with the lyrics but that's my interpretation of them anyway. It's probably just my autism

Can you do a drawing of Classic and Modern Sonic together? Maybe talking about something?

Comic news? Still in probably canceled 5ever limbo?

Still in limbo.

All Archie is saying is that they are in ongoing talks with SEGA.

It's a crime that this level wasn't in sonic generations.

Hey that's SomecallmeJohnny favorite one too. It's definitely up there for me as well, as it's an interesting departure from the typical Crush 40 song, but it's got a nice message and honestly feels inspiring to some degree.

stop going fast

Personally I would have chosen Grand Metropolis or Mystic Mansion.

Okay

Artist of that image?

kyu6.deviantart.com/art/Ligue-683214983

Thank you user

Why does life gotta be so fast sometimes?

>/d/ doesn't seem very /d/ like...

Look closer user

Such a cute Sonic. Also that's life for you user, time flies when you least want it to.

Should've been this.

Bump is my waifu

Wew lad

youtube.com/watch?v=Zvavclgsp9k[Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed]

]
>]]
Ya blew it

Does Tyson Hesse lurk these threads? God damn it, he fucking nailed that cut scene. I hope to god he's doing other cut scenes for the full game.

He drew a Bump for us, I think

To think, Tyson went from joo take my emerawlds to actual fucking cut scenes in an official sonic game

I can't imagine how he feels. He literally IS the dream.

I hope not, believe it or not, there's some edgy users here who hate him for some pretty pathetic reasons.

I even saw some of those "critiques" *right* after that awesome trailer.

Hope he keeps up the great work, he has come so far.

>Mania comes out August 15th
>No guarantee it will be at my house ON THE 15TH

I can't do it /sthg/

I'll fucking buy the game twice if I have to, I can't fucking wait an extra day.

What are some good figures on the market? Specifically Tails?

Thread simulator is almost done. What should I do for music? I chose Mystic Caves as a placeholder.

Unleashed E Rank theme

Central City from dark brotherhood

Egg Emperor theme.

>I'll show you what real evil is!

I've preordered the steam version and getting the CE for my PS4. I'd glady chuck money in their direction.

There's the F4F Classic Tails that'll set you back a few hundred. Or go for the cheaper Jazware figures if you don't mind the joints.

someone post me female characters anatomy sheet plsss

I got the CE for Xbone

If the CE doesn't arrive on the 15th I'll just buy the game on XBL, especially if there's a midnight launch. I'll probably pirate it on PC or buy it on sale near Christmas when mods are out and about.

>Hmph, enough of this! Sonic! Tails! Knuckles! Time to meet your maker!
I miss you, Bristow.

You'd be suprised by how dip some children stuff are when you approach them with an adult perspective.

That's why I think people who are like "lmao children stuff are SUPPOSSED to be shitty!" are fucking retarded.

You know I just realized, Stardust speedway in mania is overgrown with plants and shit

But in CD, the present is the lively jammin stage, and the past is the overgrown SS

So does this mean Mania takes place before CD? Maybe that's why there's no Amy? Also, this means no Metal Sonic, which would be a huge bummer.

Seems to me like there's some time travel fuckery going on in Mania's story. So that might have something to do with it.

>Time travel fuckery

Besides playing in GHZ and FB, is there anything actually indicating something of time travel?

IIRC, it was said that there's gonna be a story-related reason as to why all these old stages are back & why they're different. So it could be time travel.

The elevator in the trailer and it's buttons to me kind of seemed to indicate that.

I feel like that cutscene is early in the game, and that elevator has something to do with time travel shit.

I mean it's not like Sonic games are strangers to that sort of plot at this point

i want sanic waifus to be real

The elevator could act as a level select menu, justified in some manner by the plot.

Could Taxman and stealth really be so based?

Could they surpass metal gear?

Become the ultimate?

>post yfw Mania has MORE and BETTER story than Forces.

It's not even story, it's just fan service.

I won't lie, I don't think Sega is even stopping them from doing anything they want to do. I mean fucking look at everything we've seen, shit is so wacky and full of references and life it truly is like Taxman and Stealth both have complete creative freedom.

D

E

L

E

T

Yeah, they are.

I'm just enjoying the ride right now. Two Sonic games to look forward too in one year. How often does that happen?

I have no doubt in my mind Mania will be great, because it's literally everything you could ever want. It's made by legitimate fans with real passion, nothing holding them back, community supports it, I mean it's a perfect recipe.

I do wonder, however, if other game companies will start using this tactic. Hiring fans and shit. Although not many video game companies are as retarded as Sega when it comes to Sonic.

I mean like, can you remember twitter accounts for companies ever being meme tier before the Sonic twitter became what it is now? Like I honestly think that shit kicked off this trend of dank maymays and a more personal social media experience.

SEGA STILL INNOVATING TO THIS DAY BAYBEEEEE

Yep. Mania has almost everything I ever wanted in a new classic-styled game, & if it succeeds, I'm curious to know if SEGA would try it again.

Please post waifus, i need love

Have some best girl, user

I can guarantee you Nintendo and Wendy's wouldn't be pulling the meme shit if it wasn't for our lord and savior mememan.

Is she behind that rat?

She's a hedgehog thank you.

i am so alone, user

He knew about the general and Bump before an user asked him for a sketch at a con and he dropped in for the 600th thread.

Videogames have been around for 40+ years now, and they've been mainstream for a good 30 or so. A lot of companies already have fans working for them, it's just that they never joined the companies they were fans of as fucking executive producers in charge of their own project right off the bat.

SEGA definitely did kicked off the dank mememaster social media trend, tho. Someone was bound to do it at some point, considering how normie-tier it's become.

user, have you tried looking at some collectorfags' reviews, specifically a Sonic fans?

Additionally, going on websites like SonicGear can help you compare which ones to go for last time I checked.

Like said, F4F brand is probably your best bet. There's even some smaller ones. Maybe some of the Kidrobot mini figures or pic related are of interest.

I personally think, when it comes to Tails and without buying them, that the better looking figures are either the fairly recent (25th I believe) classic figures or the Boom ones.

Sorry I can't flat out recommend with certainty though.

I didn't know that GE is losing its licence for Sonic since two months ago, fuck.

i am lonely, where are real sanic waifus at

Huh. Im actually a girl here and in the same boat. Looking for a guy who likes teh sanics as well.

Are you in the south east united states?

not even in USA :^(

I see a lot of nice choices.

Not necessarily sure if Dear My Friend nor My Destiny is underrated or not, but I'll say this one
youtube.com/watch?v=zKywKqzp5jM

I agree with you, I really like nice messages involved. It doesn't have to be a frequent thing, but I really enjoy it and it makes me feel a bit better when I see or listen to it.

Oh. Uh. Skype or anything?

unluckily not... i am a piece of shit anyway.

Jesus christ just off yourself already.

Well, I'm sure we'll find someone.

What got you being so harsh on yourself, user?

>Jesus christ just off yourself already.
i barely wrote 2 lines.
i don't think i am compatible with real peopel
dunno, i am pessimistic.

Don't be so down on yourself. Remember, you can do anything!

>i barely wrote 2 lines.

So what? You seem to want to do it anyway, so just get it over with.

I mean, I'm not the most optimistic person around but I hope you're able to resolve or manage what's going on in your personal life.

how the fuck do you air drift in racing transformed?

Kinda bored.

Give me your fetish and your Sanic Waifu. I'll maybe doodle something.

>Nicole or Blaze
>hotdogging or feet

Not a fetish, but I saw a pic of Amy in a Sonic hoodie that was really cute. Maybe Amy in a Sonic hoodie?

nah i'm terrified of dying
maybe
i hope so too

Instead of

I would be ok with Sally in a Sonic hoodie alongside Amy if you do

Amputee Bunnie Rabbot

Breast expansion
Rouge

>not eye-socket fucking
>not using tears as lube

Step up, son.