Since GM utterly crushed the Mustang in performance with the Camaro...

Since GM utterly crushed the Mustang in performance with the Camaro, will Ford be motivated to make the 7th gen Mustang a godmachine?

Performance sporty performance my performance out performs your performance performancey

but they already made it a godmachine?????

Mustang crushed Camaro in sales though, and still continues to do so

Camaro has always been the better performer
Mustang has always been the better seller

(with a few exceptions here and there)

ZL1 is faster than the Shelby, let alone with the track pack.
Selling on reputation breeds mediocrity (see: modern Honda). Just because Ford is guaranteed sales doesn't mean they shouldn't push to make a better car.

because the Mustang is a significantly better car in every imaginable way and the entire world knows it...

>ZL1
supposed to compete with the GT500, not the GT350
sperg more

the gt500 doesn't exist senpai, how can ford even compete?

>how can ford even compete?
by releasing a 700+hp EcoBoosted GT500 that'll utterly BTFO the camaro

>imblying this will ever happen

The mustang should be about being an affordable coupe with a good v8 and the bare minimum(manual, lsd, rwd). If you want more buy the richfag model or a camaro.

All the current Mustang really needs is a diet. If they could cut 300 pounds it'd be just as fast.

it just looks plain ugly

>7th gen Mustang
Implying there's even going to be a 7th gen.

The car shares little with other Fords anymore and Ford hates that sort of thing. At best the next version will be a reskin and then they'll probably kill it so they can concentrate on phoning in more trucks and CUV's.

>reduce sieze by 10% in each direction
>therefore weight is reduced drasticly
>give the 5.0 modular a new generation
>the 5.0 ecoboost
>leave the N/A 5.0 as option
>direct injection
>boost cramped up like 1.0L ecoboost
>making about 700 hp (140 hp/l like the 1.0)
>rework the front end to be aerodynamic and sell it as option
>front splitter
>rear wing

That would be a godmashine, but have not much in common with a mustang anymore.

Different aproach:
>keep 5.0
>make V-6 ecoboost a option
>add front electric motors for additional power and MPG
>Mustang is AWD now
>Mustang now has ~200hp more

>give 5.0 a new generation
It just got updated with 12:1 compression and dual-injection. It makes 460HP/420TRQ now, and that'll go up once Ford Racing makes some tunes for it. 93HP/L is nothing to scoff at in an affordable V8.

So what is speaking against boosting one with direct injection and lower compression?

>direct injection
What do you think dual injection means?
>boosting
They're doing exactly that with the GT500, 680HP supercharged. A twin-turbo 5.0L would be making upwards of 750HP, which is insanely hard to put down with a front-heavy car like this (with two turbos it'd be like 56:44 and 3800lbs or something). The 3.5L EcoBoost would make a lot more sense.

Regular GT is already pushing 3800 lbs. GT500 would be closer to 3900.

Don't mind me I'm just passing through

This one is my favorite

I hope they fired whoever made the decision to make the 6th gen Camaro look like a 5th gen refresh. Mustang sales exploded after its redesigned look. Camaro sales actually decrease. Wow.

Not only that but it was also a quite a bit more expensive than the mustang. The new 2018 mustang also shot up in price so they don't have that advantage going for them anymore

Mustang is the only one sold to RHD markets

But the zl1 is cheaper than the gt350

Is that an official rendering?
Because that car looks like absolute trash.

Mustang needs a Turbo 4.0L Inline 6 from the Australian Falcons. Unpopular opinion, but i think it would be good.
And if people didn't think they're fast enough, they can do a 1000hp+ build

it's the new facelift and it looks absolutely gorgeous, like an XKR-S
Ford has truly outdone themselves once again

>M utterly crushed the Mustang in performance with the Camaro,
Citation needed.

I don't think so. This is an official render off the website builder.

AWD hybrids with active aero is pretty clearly the only way forward for supercars. I'm sure everyone will be releasing their own version of the i8 before long. Its just way too easy to gain that extra power and traction.

>I'm sure everyone will be releasing their own version of the i8 before long
uh, you mean the NSX? because the I8 isn't even a Super Car. the NSX is the only car on the market to bring 918/P1/La Ferrari technology to the masses.

>titled average sales per month
>lists years on the x-axis
>is it the total sales per year, or that number divided by 12
>that would make no sense
>no source
this chart has 0 credibility

because camaros are buttugly

>Camaro, mustang, and challengers account for 100% market share of camaro, mustang, and challenger sales
these charts are fucking cancer

The i8 isn't a supercar, no, but it could easily be one. The car uses a tiny turboed 3cylinder and still hits 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, and it handles incredibly well. Its a concept just begging for more power output. The system they use is fairly straight forward. Any RWD platform could be updated to incorporate it and become an AWD vehicle with an extra 200hp.

Why have a big heavy V8 with a super charger when you can use a smaller displacement turbo V6 and light weight electric motors up front to make more power over all? You'd get a lighter block, potentially lighter AWD system, and you save weight from other things like not needing 11 different intercoolers as Chevy does. If they want to keep beating records its the only way they're going to achieve it. That and active aero to improve handling.

Those wheels, the droopy lights and that fuckhuge emblem ruin any good lines the car may have.

that car is so dope

>$39.99/day from airport car rental shack

I'd actually like to see Ford offer that I6 in the F150.

such a pretty engine

>GM crushed the mustang

Nope, GM is just playing catchup

bump

maybe if GM made the Camaro not look like a meat-hook abortion, people would buy it

>xkr-s
Fuck you

i thought it was open deck?

>electric motors
Pls no, this car is already way too fucking heavy to begin with. I fucking hate this trend.

>Killing the mustang.
They would never. They'll start rebranding fiestas as mustangs before they end that line.

It would amount to the same thing. Going FWD has been attempted before and was massively unpopular. The story wouldn't be any different now and sales would fall off a cliff if they actually did follow through.