Is there any downside to daily driving a ute? Other than the inability to carry more than 2 or 3 people...

Is there any downside to daily driving a ute? Other than the inability to carry more than 2 or 3 people, they seem great.

nope

The El Camino makes me so hard
Goddamn
>t. English queer diesel owner

Suspension can be rough when empty on models with a higher rated weight capacity. Nearly no weight and therefore nearly no grip on the rear axle in slippery conditions.

Sik skidz on demand doesn't sound like a downside

Will cost you your rear tires.
Not al corners are made to go through them sideways
Cops don't like you drifting on public roads
Unusable with slippery roads
Everybody will ask if you can pick up some parts

I would maybe recommend one of those tray organisers but other than "where do I put my groceries" they're sweet.
The overseer is the best part. It's a fucking great feeling. It's fine when it's raining, just use decent tyres and common sense

Bump

You will become 'that guy with a ute' and everyone will ask you to cart their shit around.

Also they ride like ass with nothing in the back and are skittish in the wet.

everyone asks you for a favour
2 seats gets annoying not for passengers, but also for in cabin storage (I used my sedans rear footwells a lot and didnt realise until I had a ute)
a tray is not good for small cargo as you have to tie everything down otherwise it just accelerates into the tray walls

I completely think if I wasnt in a ute I would not have lost the rear end so easily

BUT
it was so fucking worthit
I loved that fucking thing like it was a child
6 litres and a 6 speed manual to the rears was sexual

You'll find the difference in unlaiden weight on the back wheels between the ute and sedan variant of Commodore is negligible. You would've lost your shit anyway.

oh...rip none the less

that's why you get the station wagon and not the meme ute

it's pretty much a ute with a canopy with the seats folded down. plenty of carrying space then have the seats back up for passengers or back seat footwell storage

Fuck that's sexy. Why can't Americans buy good cars? Retards here think station wagons are soccer mom cars.

Only problem is they can't carry a dirt bike, which is about he only practical reason most people buy the performance oriented utes for. Also, the wagon does have reasonable cargo space, but still nowhere near as much as the ute with a canopy. Otherwise they're a good compromise.
They do look shit-hot to.

time to get a vs like a true masterrace bogan cunt
They are. The only good thing about station wagens is that you can buy them second hand for fuck all because nobody wants them. Utes hold their value much better.

yeah but the cheapest v8 manual wagons are th VE's at around 20k minimum, they never made a manual before than since the mid 90's
I would have loved a wagon if a v8 manual VZ/Y SS existed
they didnt even offer a manual in the VF2 SS

My dad has DD an SSV VE Ute for the last 9 years. He absolutely loves it, but still wants a second car. Something more cruisy.
The Ute has fucking massive blind spots, the rear window is useless and the mirrors don't show much. He drove my VY sedan in the city and couldn't believe how much more relaxing it was. Heaps of visibility and the car is far less intense.

Picture is the same except dad has the stock 19" wheels, which I think look far better.

Hahaha I drove past the Haileberry campus today you fuckstick, go pick up your exhaust

How the fuck did you spin out and write off your car on a straight dual lane road?

For a work car best thing around.
shit for shopping, shit for taking people places, rough ride without a load in the back.
not him but he said someone pulled out on him and he lost it trying to go around them.
my guess is he let off the throttle, got on the brakes and started to compression lock then couldnt get it to come back around.

rookie mistake, should have dropped it back to third and got into it instead of pussy footing around.

They stopped making the R8 Tourer for Gen-F and I don't think you can get a Manual VF Holden Wagon. The VE looks like arse.

For me, dream DD would be VF GTS wagon in manual in Jungle Green with the LSA. I could compromise by getting one of those limited edition VY SS Wagons if I could find one in good nick.

Mate, theres plenty of manual sportwagons. They're just VEs though; they stopped making them in 2014 I think? and 2013 for the HSV sportswagon.

They also made limited edition VY SS sportwagons, look it up. They're sick.

The VE SSV and VY SS stock wheels were fantastic, same with the CV8Z wheels. I'm always happy to see bogans swap them in on their VS commodore over choosing a set of donks.

From memory there was 400 VY SS wagons total, of which there were 200 with red duco and black interior, and 200 with a black duco and red interior.
I was a Ford boy at the time, but far out they were the thing to envy.

best rims to come from holden or HSV in modern times are easily the ones that came on the VZ GTO

Nah nah mate, IIRC, it was 500 in Series I and Series II, split evenly automatic and manual. I think it was 250 black and 250 red in series 1, with 125 silver thrown in for series II. I think you're onto something with the interior colours - all the options were certainly divvied up quite evenly; I have a feeling they were trying to test the waters before bringing out a fulltime model.

That whole car was amazing.

The period from 2002 - 2006 was an amazing time to be a Holden fan. Skaifey winning it in the early years of the 2000s, and my god some of the colour options we had available were magnificent; that copper orange/gold on the monaro, the light blue, the green and purple on the VY, and that HSV Racing Green colour on the GTO. What a time to be alive.

I still believe the VY was the best looking commodore made; VF close second, but time will tell on that one - I thought the VE looked good at launch but fuck me it has aged on me as a disgusting pile of shit. I want a CV8Z or GTO before the market gets too insane, I swear they've doubled in price over the past few years.

You might be right. I only remember the series 1, but the manual/auto split rings a bell too.
It's hard trying to find that info though, as all you come across are Commodore forum posts that are typically fiction spouted by retards who feel validated simply because they own a Commodore (think falcunt).

Pretty sure you're talking about Tiger Mica. The colour on the VTs. The VX had a yellow Mica (think it was "Hyper Mica"? Could be wrong) and of course the VY Hothouse Green. The late ninties/early naughties was a good time for mica colours.

I still think the VE is the best looking Commodore, although I'm still fond of the VN-VS and VT-VZ.

>niggerstralians