Should I buy this? What's the catch? It seems like an insane deal

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/2006-honda-s2000-wont-last/6299353851.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/2001-honda-s2000-clean-title/6256137354.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post a link

Salvage

Probably has somethinf wrong with it but he isnt gonna tell you what it is

Yea bro totally great deal. Clean paint and looks great !!
Oh the title ?. It's rebuilt, like we build it up to showroom floor condition.

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/2006-honda-s2000-wont-last/6299353851.html

R E B U I L T T I T L E

I talked to the owner he said it was just paint damage the frame and engine are fine...

Ask him if he has pictures before the work was done, a rebuild title just for paint? I don't think so

>insurance salvaged a car because of some paint that got scrubbed off

I dont think so Tim.

really good deal for a newer AP2, that color is rare and desirable as well.

I just called my insurance and had my car salvaged due to scratches on my paint.

Rebuild title, There's probably something seriously wrong with it

rebuilt title is diminishing the cars value. probably only buy it if you know a lot about s2000's and can easily identify issues with the frame. don't expect to be able to resell it for good money either. could be a really good project car

S2000's are way too overrated. Literally take a miata and put 10k into mods and you'll end up with a better S2000 for less.

lol no

>buying a salvaged and modified car off of craigslist

Unless you're looking for a project car, I would steer clear completely.

It was probably in an accident up front, bumper and headlights probably replaced. Looks like a new aftermarket grill and old shitty headlights, so he probably replaced them with old used headlights? Idk..
As long as there isn't any frame damage and everything else checks out okay, then get it.

>Miata I bought was in a front end accident
>Bumper was busted, salvaged, replaced
>Miata for $900
>Had for 2+ years now, best car I've owned

Hmm

Stolen Recaros.

fuck this guy, he's jewing you.

How bad could it be though even if I had to spend 5k in repairs it would still be a really good deal

>I need cash for personal reasons

Ayy

Do you want you to be niggered op?

If you're dying to have an S2000, save up and get a better example, this guy is trying to dump this thing on a sucker because it probably has serious issues that go far beyond 5k into repairing it.

If I were you I'd go to him, call him out on his rebuild title scam, and offer him 2 grands top. If he doesn't want to sell it, tell him you've warned everyone in the local used car FB group his attitude is super fishy.

>Won't last long

He's right about that part

That's not what a salvage is you fucking retarded nigger

ITT: Mentally challenged kids that don't know what rebuilt means. It was repaired properly from an accident and passed state inspections to become roadworthy again. 95%+ of the time it's fine.

Why don't you just bring a mechanic? He's literally telling you to

It would be ok to make a track car out of. It'd be a shit daily driver.

Buy a mint one.

Its clear the front end has been shafted the bonnet and the front end/fender are a different color.

This. There are plenty and they aren't that expensive to begin with.

Never buy a salvage title. That means it was fucked up enough to be totaled by the insurance company. Junkyard tier.

Yeah, it just sits a little cockeyed going in a straight line. The fuck outta here nigger.

Wow shocking

Tell him to go fuck himself and keep looking around

The catch is that it has been in probably multiple collisions, save up for a nice one. A nice one should run you about 13-16k from what I've seen in Washington state.

The only person mentally challenged here is you. If a car gets damaged so badly that an insurance company declares it salvage, that should tell you a lot. Plus the guy is shady as fuck, he needs the car for "personal reasons"? How does he not have pictures of the car before it was salvage, or the damage itself? Fuck outta here. I swear some of you fags want to argue for the sake of it.

He's a fag. Don't be gay, save your money bro. I know it seems enticing but you'll be better off with something that doesn't have a fucked title for a secret reason. Move on OP. Seriously, don't give this homo money. Waste his time. Kill him even.

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/2001-honda-s2000-clean-title/6256137354.html
This one is a better deal

yeah go to him and shoot him in the head, OP, then you can dtermine for yourself what the problem is

Do this for all the S2Ks and don't actually steal the car. Just leave them there. Become the S2Killer

>it was just paint damage the frame and engine are fine
>But it has a rebuilt title :))))

Ahaha wtf

Are you sure he wasnt just responding to if he had pictures of the car before it was fixed? Why not show the rest of the conversation?

Are you all too stupid to look under a car and look at the frame inch by inch for a few minutes?

>are you too stupid to waste 5 minutes of your time to help OP for free
gee I wonder

if this nigga isnt giving any info about salvage, dont bother. Atleast my car had documents with its collision.

Dude, a state inspection doesn't count for shit. They just make sure the car doesn't have glaring safety issues. Your typical Craigslist rebuilt title car has a ton of crumpled metal hammered out under the front bumper/fenders and frame damage that isn't apparent until you find it crabs sideways on the highway and no shops can get an alignment within spec.

S2000s aren't cheap used cars and this one must have been damaged badly enough for the insurance company to write it off, and also badly enough someone's selling a repaired one for half of what it should be worth.

I may be a fag, but I think S2000s are some of the most overpriced used cars out there right now. $18K or whatever a clean one goes for will buy you a clean C5 Corvette.

An s2000 is just as good on the track though tbqhfam

I don't know if you two are making fun of me... but I'll kill ya

lol yes

>S2Killer
underrated post