Veeky Forums トヨタ

Toyota General
>lowering springs edition

>Should Veeky Forums allow Daihatsu cars on the montage?
strawpoll.me/13281079
(93/111 votes needed)

>List of Toyota model codes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_model_codes

Sister Honda thread
Zeemaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2352609

Bump the thread if it's at page 5.

Vids:
>V8 Altezza
youtube.com/watch?v=gBbzxYWWSM4
youtube.com/watch?v=AYLHjwBrorg

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465181903
newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-celica-gts/6279290442.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/87-toyota-4runner-sr5/6297240087.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do I join the mon/tg/e?
See pic related.

My local slippery-driving-track (used mandatory for drivers ed in Norway) had an open day today, where everyone could come and test their cars to the limit. Had a lot of fun

forgot video, here it is

That's mandatory here too, went there on two different days. Was the funniest part of driver's ed.
Did you spin around?

sure is a lot of fucking cars in that montage

Fun fact, the honda general collage has 32 more cars (including a few motorcycles) in its collage

post dailies

>going home from a haircut
>see third gen prelude
>pop my lights
>not 100% sure but I think he popped up his lights at the last second too
>fast forward to tonight
>going home again from picking up mom
>slowing down at a stop sign
>oncoming stock Evo X slows down with driver smiling, looking at me and gives me a thumbs up
>mom asks if I knew the guy
>lol no
Feels good brehs

Pic related since my civic is acting up

what kind of shitty nigger warehousing facility do you live in

I'm dailying the supra atm but really considering buying my dad's 86 off him since he's looking to get rid of it and would do me a good price, either way im buying a new daily since the 5 puck clutch in the supra is just annoying in stop and go traffic

That's the nursing home I go to for my clinical rotation.

I hope that ain't a dent

Nope, just shitty lighting.

>page 7
Have another

Added a Junction VIP Tsuna to the whip, well worth it

In addition to the topic, I recommend Coils over Lowering springs imo. I'm sitting on BC Racing Coilovers with Swift Springs. The ride is barbaric, but she grips so hard on the touge

Bb

>finally done servicing the MR2
>road test through the twisties
>clutch damper springs are rattling like someone left a couple of maracas in the bell housing
>tires don't grip for shit
>wheel alignment is not happy
>brakes started fading after just one run

Welp, guess it's time to spend more money.

Anyone think it's possible to do an AW11 clutch in a home garage?

The dealership was closed for preparations for the storm, so I couldn't look at the Celica or Prizm. Despite this and looking at the cars themselves, they're not being taken care of, so any problems they had wouldn't have been addressed; I should assume the same with the 6th gen Celica at another BHPH dealership. It's a shame, really; I would have love to have a sporty car for once.

Sticking to my plan in getting a manual for under $5k I may look at this 2003 Corolla on my next day off.
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465181903

bought this recently. guy i bought it off imported it from japan.

what are these stickers? there's 3. 1 is i assume a rego sticker (14, 3) no idea on the other ones..... parking maybe?

Let's face it, the only Daihatsus that we're gonna see here are probably Miras unless we have 3rd worlders who go here that owns Toyota badged Daihatsus.

Just bought my first car. I've only owned trucks and SUVs until now. It's also my first non-American vehicle, and my first manual transmission.

It's an '05 Scion tC

Did I buy a decent car?

So I've noticed in my AW11 that using the indicators makes the voltage gauge dip a lot whenever they're ticking.

Is that normal? It also seems that the left turn ticks faster than the right, but that could just be different watt bulbs.

I spun around once. Depends on what you're going for. I was attempting maximum angle when that happened. Never spin around when they pull the foam obstacles right into the road in front of you. Then it's just a matter of braking hard and steering around as best you can.

You can if you can lift it high enough

MFW i cant find a clean 100 series.

Did you ask osg?

Yes

How old is the alternator? What about using your high beams?

Isn't that vehicle inspection?

very nice user

>that paint

My volt meter does the same. As long as it's not dropping below charging level it's probably fine. As for the different blinking speeds I'm not really sure, but I doubt its anything to worry about.

I have a question for you AW11 guys. I have one and I'd like to do a 4age BT swap. I found a cheap BT engine with an automatic tranny, and was just going to re-use my c50 tranny. So would the BT a/t ECU be a problem? Or is everything the same in terms of wiring/performance?

>page 10
Bamp

My sister's fiancee is selling his '03 Altezza. It has a Beams 3sge engine. It's an automatic but it's loads of fun to drive (I'd get a manual swap later on if I really need it). Hopefully I can get a family discount lol.

>Illinois
Ayy where you at bro?

A little south of the suburbs.

But shitty old paint is character

I'm blupranon in Des Plaines. Add me on snapchat filipinocd (no cd isn't for cross dresser) if you ever wanna cruise, go to a car show, or something.

hi regular car reviews here who here has the nicest AW11?

Panda AW11 user. I doubt this isn't bait y tho. I feel like someone asks this question every thread. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the AW11 owners to get validation

Die furfag

It's a meme because all he does is jack off to the first gen MR2.

>tfw no spot for my FJ on the Veeky Forums collage

There's gonna be an FJ column if you join; in fact, the matrix column was just added this version.
See

Can't drive the ES330 around yet until it has a plate so I'm sorting a few things out.

>Topped off the power steering, hopefully isn't leaky. No more whining noise.
>Replaced third brake light.
>Ordered a pair of 6000K HID bulbs, as one is cutting off after being on for a minute.

Uncle should hopefully have a replacement driver side headlight housing soon then all that's left is to fix a fog light.

I'm in Arizona, user, so i'ts not a priority to me

Good to know.

I'll probably pull all the bulbs out and compare them to see if they differ in wattage, otherwise I might have to go chasing a bad connection.

Alternator is as old as the car, and I didn't check high beams honestly. Driving with the low beams on doesn't seem to affect it though.

everyone with MRS announcement important
take off your OEM suspension even with TTE lowering springs and throw them away
Buy some coils. Make your car ride like it should. Today.

MAKE MRS A RACECAR HONEST

Coils are overrated, eibach+konis would do the trick

That looks fun af. Too bad burgerland dmvs don't do anything like that

+1 running ohlins and eibach
try naming sub 1k coilovers that are good
>protip: u cant niBBa

BC BR?

Don't be surprised if you get a ticket for obstruction of view

woops.exe

Going to check out an '87 MR2 on Thursday. Any advice from owners?

Check the rear wheel arches for rusting, more than likely there's going to be rust bubbles on the rear fenders and below the rear bumper.

I'm a sucker for blue cars since it's my favourite colour but, man, red ones look dope. I might be biased since mine is red too but all of yours are clean. I'm digging them.

>
that looks great, my paint is mint and even that is worse than yours.
good job user!

>another BHPH
Breh

Got the plate for the Lexus so I'm finally free. Just waiting on the new HID bulbs and I gotta fix a fog light. Could use some new front struts soon too. They're pretty clunky.

>Pic related

It's nice that the car is a V6 Camry with leather.

'04 Corolla S withh 100k miles on it here. Completely stock with regular good maintainence its entire life. Is there anything cheap I could do to make it more fun or is it too late?

Is solid state battery ever going to happen?

You should upgrade to the C52 trans if you have the chance. My BT had an automatic transmission ECU with the C52 5 speed and it gave me bogging/throttle issues. Swapped it for a Manual ECU and the problems went away.

Never owned a Toyota, let alone a Celica before, but what do you guys think of the 5th generation celica (T180)?
I want a cheap, yet reliable sports coupe possibly as a daily

Theres one somewhat nearby and its relatively cheap. However some things concern me about it
newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-celica-gts/6279290442.html
This one mentions that the speedometer stopped working, he hasn't driven it in a while, and in terms of interior, he has leather seat covers on the car (possibly to cover up rips on the original seats?)

What are the common things to look out for on this generation of Celica? All I know specifically is to look for possible water leaks on the rear hatch.

kinda toyota related, found a IS200 (2001) with 156000km for 3.800€, should I go for it? Are the engine gonna go well over 200?

>first time in my life never having a yota

feels bad guys.

first car was a '98 Land Cruiser, bought new by my parents the year i was born. started driving it when i was 14 because my parents were always working. when i turned 16 and got my drivers license and bought a '90 Cressida and started learning about cars. over that summer my friend helped me swap the trans to a manual from a supra. started drifting (like an idiot). Sold that and bought an 1MZFE swapped AW11 last year and tracked it, loads of fun but a bitch to work on and unreliable as hell. Mistake on my part but learned a lot.

well im off to uni in seattle now, only room for my little ninja 250. its been real guys, im off to /dbt/ thanks for all your help

If any WA bros need an AW11 trunk, spoiler, or rear sun visor/spoiler thing lmk, I'll give an Veeky Forumstist a discount

>traded my Nissan for a KE70 Corolla to daily
>Corolla turned out to be unreliable and a huge pile of shit
I've had it with this thing, the original carburetor is completely fucked, I have no idea what the fuck is going on with this thing anymore.
Should I just roll it into a ditch and torch it or swap in something less fucked like a BMW M40B16? I'd love to swap in a BMW M42B18 from a 318iS, but I don't think I can make it roadworthy anymore over here in europe.

Did you really expect a 35 years old car to be a reliable daily? Unless it's a full restomod, which means expensive as fuck, it won't be.

7th gen is pretty much the oldest you could consider DD material, if it's been half maintained at least.

Short throw shifter

Aw shit I forgot to mention that it's automatic.

Wat

Then nothing.

Pretty reliable. Friend's Celica of that generation had over 300k miles before it died

If it's in good condition, sure. They can easily reach 200k miles

Did you have any cars in the montage?

Led dome/map light playa

What year was your Nissan? Try getting an e100 instead

The one inthat craigslist ad got 224 thousand. Would that be a bad decision to buy it, especially if its from a total stranger that I dont know how he treated the car?

Toyota's Tesla killer tech

The mileage isn't bad for the age. I'd rather spend a little more for something in better condition though

RIP dreams

I guess you're right, I'll keep on looking until I find a decent-ish 5th gen Celica

Blast eurobeat while driving. If your auto Corolla has a manual shift mode, try playing around with that. Better than nothing

Upgrading speakers can make your commute more fun if you like to listen to music

My E32 BMW is doing fine and is only a few years younger. The nissan was boosted to hell and back and was doing fine too.

1989 Bluebird Turbo, CA18ET with a bigger turbo and 1.2 kg of boost

I've been wanting to upgrade my speakers for a while. I'll try messing with the gears too. It'll at least make starts faster.

I've got a 2013 Toyota Corolla, I want to install Fog Lights on my car, I also want to have all the exterior lights LED, has anyone done this before and does anyone have any tips on how it do it properly?

Buy them from superbrightleds dot com and they'll come with instructions

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/87-toyota-4runner-sr5/6297240087.html
thoughts?

Too much rust