Looking for a Peppy/semi fuel efficient DD, Probably gonna be 1 of these 3
>So Veeky Forums which one and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-prelude-h22a/6301522104.html
denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1998-honda-prelude-with/6301596798.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the prelude looks the best so prob that one

Id go with an rsx-s or a celica gts. that 2zz is gold and so is the k20

don't really know if you can go wrong with any of these, it's probably just down to personal preference and what's available in your area

RSX because K series

Why get japanese junk? Get an e46 328ci for similar money and it will be better in nearly every way

>needs a reliable, semi fuel efficient, peppy DD
>recommends German shit that cost more than your arm to fix and maintain and isn't good on gas..

Great recommendation asshat!

ranking
RSX Type S
Prelude SH
Clean Prelude
Clean RSX
Bus
Celica

The celica is slower yes, but it has the absolute best fuel economy, but as a Peppy DD I guess it's nice if it's actually peppy.

>Japanese junk

has to be bait, even normies know nips own fuel economy + reliability.

>This is now a prelude/celica bread

The prelude gets about the same mileage as a 1999-2004 mustang GT while running premium gas.

yeah but you have a prelude

You say that like it's a good thing.

thats because it is a good thing

post your local craigslist and budget

I feel like theres a certain car being ignored..

Celica GT-S is faster than the Type S and handles so much better.

>A E S T H E T I C

>OP here

I was also thinking about this too, just sort of mentally put it under the RSX
I've heard they're good on gas, and it's been on a fuckton of top 10 tuner cars ever made lists on countless car mags, so it can't be that bad as a "sporty/peppy" car

>peppy
>fuel efficient
Get a motorcycle. None of these cars are "peppy"

Are you retarded?

I live in canada and our winters are cold enough to fucking kill you
And in what world would someone DD a fucking bike??

A bike is a toy, not a DD'er

80s/90s Honda and Toyota have peppy sport econoboxes that are great for DDing all day everyday, and have enough pep to then to make them enjoyable to drive everyday.

If you're getting a 7th gen Celica make sure its a gts and dear god you'd better get a manual. A GT with an automatic is painfully slow. I had one as my first car, I loved it but mostly because it was the firs "new" car I bought with my own money.

>Celica
Just stay away from the GT, thing burns about as much oil as it does fuel.

dc5

Celica driver reporting in

fuck that FF shit, get an MRS and never look back at front engined or front wheel drive cars ever again

Bitchin 5th gen

Thanks man, there's a few bits I gotta get fixed and I'm looking at some coilovers and flaring the fenders so the wheels don't just smash in to the fenders otherwise it's a great car, pretty fun to whip around corners and has enough power to have some fun and is reliable as fuck

Did you up the power or What?
Cause I've heard these things are too heavy to have much fun with

Also if like to see some wide fender flares like you'd see on a old 280z or something but paint matched to the car

Nah, didn't up the power, it is still a relatively light car at around 1100 and it goes around corners nicely, I put 225/r16 wheels on it, it has 225/50/r16 kumho ecsta tires on it so that might help with the handling a bit, the 5sfe 130hp and 144 lbs-ft/torque, with the manual transmission it's pretty fun and accelerates pretty well, I can't imagine the auto though, would be slow as fuck

What you can do though is fit a 3sge cylinder head on it since it shares the same block, requires a bit of work though but does get you a little more power and since the 5sfe had a bit more displacement it'll have a little more torque than a normal 3sge

actually wait, 1290kg

Have you thought about throwing on an Ebay turbo with low/medium boost?

They're cheap and from the reviews I've read are fairly reliable I'd you don't push them too hard, and it's easily give you an extra 50hp maybe more so you'd have 180Hp or more

On my P plates, I'm in Australia, can't do that legally for another couple of years, gotta wait until I get my full license, I would totally do it though if I could, I reckon this block could probably take more power, just a matter of how reliably it does it

Bumparoo

probably because anyone who has ever owned one not new, knows that semi modern german cars are retarded and have ridiculous maintenance costs and rpelacement pa/rts, even in europe. Fucking USDM cars are cheaper to maintain and repair, INCLUDING GAS PRICES than fuckign kr/autwagons, esp canceriesels, when the DPF etc breaks.

Op, you faggot. You've been reposting this shit for months and you still haven't bought any of them?

Its been like a few weeks mang

Prelude is really fun but good luck finding one not beat to shit

>7th gen Celica

Be prepared to add a quart of oil every 150 miles

After 2003 they fixed the issue.

Because anything less than a 330 is fucking garbage.

Pretty much every one of those is going to burn more oil than gas.

Ok speaking of FWD Coupes, which one is the king?

>5th, 6th, 7th gen celica
>3rd, 4th, 5th gen Prelude
>Integra
>Accord Coupe
>Mitsubishi Eclipse
>Ford Probe/Mazda MX6
or anything else

They also manufactured less.

Most of the ones on the market are 00-02's

civic si

Why is the probe lumped in with the mx6?
And id assume probably a prelude or RSX as far as HP and torque goes, old which FWD coupe has the best handling though

integra, all other answers are wrong

The one with the k20 op

I keep seeing this meme about eBay turbos and how you can just "throw them on". I thought it took a ton of work to put on turbos, or am I being retarded and I have yet to figure out the wizardry of getting more out of your shitbox with a simple eBay turbo that you just "bolt on". How might I do this?

Bolting on is the easy part. The hard part is getting a car that already can handle it at nearly stock specs. The car has to already have an engine with a factory tune or a ecu flashed for it, already has an appropriate transmission, the classics can handle it, compatible intake/exhaust system, etc. Even after all that, you're gonna need to tune still.

Chassis, god damn it.

Prelude

Wew. Would it work for the Integra LS? It's anemic as fuck and I always want a little more horsies out of it without breaking the bank for a B18C1 swap

The Integra

I see plenty of YouTube vids of guys that don't do any of this shit other than the basic part requirements to fit it on, then "maybe" a tune or flash and even then they sometimes don't even do that

Check out YouTube vids of guys "throwing on" e bay turbos, and most just install the piping and cooler needed to complete the install, other than that I never hear them talk or do anything else.

i was picking between the same 3 and ended with an rsx. would recommend it.

>Peppy

Peppy here! None of those ships will help you defeat Andross and save the galaxy. Get an Arwing; you want an Arwing.

Peppy Out!

PEPPY! WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR BUTTBUDDY SLIPPY!?!

RIP my Prelude, '94.

What happened?

>Dubs.

Rear-ended by a Scoobie WRX whilst driving through the National park.

I stopped to help some guy that hit gravel and spun out, his car was hanging off the edge near the guard rail and he was standing on his bonnet.

Forgot pic.

Prelude is not fuel efficient, it's a midsize that gets V6 MPG on premium fuel. It's more of a GT car than a sporty compact.

The Celica is definitely the most economical of the 3, the smallest with the best form factor, but it's also the slowest. This is considering base engines.

RSX-S or that gen's Civic Si (8th?) are the best choice if you want a blend of economy and speed.

Are any of these Preludes worth checking out?
I generally don't like buying cars with around 200k+ miles and the like, but I also heard that 90s Hondas are absolute tanks and can go way further with just regular, timely maintenance.

cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-prelude-h22a/6301522104.html

denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1998-honda-prelude-with/6301596798.html

volvo v70 t5.

Even the non-vtecs have a pep to their step and fun handling, but maybe in the future youll feel somethings lacking and have a thirst for more power(assuming you buy an LS or something)

Wrong

Agree 100%

Integra Type S with either k20a2 or k20z1 is the best fwd shitbox you can get in it's price range. The celica is heavier, handles worse, has less power even with the 2zz, and is ugly

I have a base auto rsx. It is slow, but I imagine a type S in manual would be breddy gud

dont get a celica unless it has the 7AFE, early 1ZZs were built in mexico and they like to burn oil

My pick would definitely be the GSR Integra. Promlem is finding one that isn't roached out, and even if you get a decent one, it'll be fucked with or stolen ir you're not in a good area. Same with the Prelude.

as much as I love Toyotas, I'd suggest the RSX.

the ludes burn crazy amounts of oil almost all the time, and if you can't get the canada-exclusive SH trim with the ATTS (in working condition) theyre pretty boaty and meh. The celica isn't as peppy as you'd think, and the visibility is absolutely horrible, amongst other mechanical issues that I'm sure are mentioned itt.

>fwd

celica boys

Scotty has a celica.

Checked. Now can you rank them by affordability for a broke busriding college student ?

affordability to purchase or affordability to maintain?

I had a 2zz celica. it was ok. if i had to do it all over id get the prelude.

Maintain, but both would be appreciated.

>Not a Golf/GTI

>VAG

COBALT SS

good choices here.

I had a prelude for ten years, best car I owned. It's build with quality materials and it's rock solid. Treat it well and it'll take you places.

I really like cars that have that sort of "stance" to them, like they're ready to pounce on something
the R32 is a sort of exaggerated example of what I mean

The hatch on those Celicas starts to squeak after a while.

RSX gets my vote for not being as old. They're pretty easy to spin so be careful.

think about how long it takes to make as much money as they cost and weigh it against how long you've spent looking. both of those are terrible shitheaps.

I figured, it's just that Preludes that aren't completely fucked seem pretty uncommon around my parts.
I'm fine on money, I'm just a cheapass and want to see how low of a price I can go without going full shitbox.

I'm not too sure what it is but I have a feeling it's the positive rake angle that makes the back look like it's lifted a little giving it that almost predatory or cat like stance

>Why is the probe lumped with the mx6

Because related platform.