/tfg/ - Titanfall General

angry monarch edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Monarch's Reign Complete Patch Notes (inculding the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/iohNh1B.png
FNN 15: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns
Monarch's Reign Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=rMeaxj8k_3U
Meet Monarch: youtube.com/watch?v=s85IrfMlBUA

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ0aMf15AYg
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for alternator is balanced

How can anyone enjoy using camo kit.
I'm trying to grind the new execution but it's so fucking cancerous, I get shat on every time.

nice one, tard

STATS??

>STILL no "Press F to pay respects" edition

nth for Scorch is garbage

scorch needs nerf

Same reason people like staying at the far end of the map with A-Wall and a G2, or grappling onto a really tall tower and camping there the entire game
They want to win, but they don't want to play the game as it was intended, because then they'd lose

nth+? for Mr. Steal Your Duracell

I'm on my first Monarch round and I think I don't understand this at all.

Reminder that smgs are balanced

give me some execution tips. Im like Gen.8 and i have only 38 executions

What is he even teabagging about?

Don't get greedy and try and force them, but also try to take any opportunity you can get.

Try to flank slows who are occupied doing something else, like shooting at a titan

I love the CAR and zooming past someone while they freak out trying to shoot me as I riddle them with bullets.
Shitscan or not, it's pure fun.

car and the other two are lame, volt is the most fun smg all day every day

literally use stim or grapple, hell you could also use holo and fucking cloak to have an easier time to execute. it all a matter of flanking them, especially for those who are staying still trying to kill titans. shit is pretty fucking easy once you see the pattern that shitters show.

Looks like a few pilots were shooting at him from a roof and he, being the resourceful Ion that he was, repelled their rounds.

A cautionary tale: don't be so preoccupied with your sack that you forgot to check your ass.

How silly medic monarchs can be with a group aka how I wish I could play monarch.

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ0aMf15AYg

I like using it to run around and surprise people. When You're moving at lightspeed, it makes for a great ambush tool.

This is why I want to play monarch this way.

I've already had one game where I was doing this, I can't wait for more.

Fuck this, I'm using the Alternator.

i saw some guy today with over 8800 kills on his alternator

Be F A S T, fast enough to seize opportunities for them mid firefight
That and just keep flanking, you'll never get them if you're still in front of them
t. guy sitting on 350+ executions

there is an autist with 17000

Is there any way to get specific advocate gifts faster? Or is it 100% random?

>you are now watching the throne

Will a hackfag be kind enough to upload the new spritesheets for access to the new banners?

Toss those dice

Buff Northstar or nerf Ronin please

>had great games as Monarch on release day and the day after
>got to 3+ upgrade a few times, lots of fun
>now I struggle to get even 1 upgrade in LTS
>drop to doomed health as soon as I engage in any fight

I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Please help.

Make northstars weapon hitscan and make it so that she can't destroy her own tether traps.

boom, no other buffs needed

Zap, missiles, rearm, zap, missiles

I do that.

Making Northstar hitscan is retarded. Just make her projectile slightly faster and reduce the cooldown on cluster.

Aside from that and keeping a level of distance between you and others, that's all I can say.
Maybe you're just getting rotten luck.

>make it so that she can't destroy her own tether traps.
You already can't destroy your own traps m8
Trust me, I tested
At most there's a glitch that'll make it straight up vanish sometimes if you get a direct hit on one with a cluster missile, but I've never been able to replicate it as it only happened to me once

13 gens in and several tests on both deployed and primed traps I've never been able to destroy my own

13 gens in and you're fucking dumb

shoot a cluster missile. shoot a tether trap into the cluster. while the trap is airborne, it can be destroyed.

I might be trading badly with other Monarchs since I don't really know how to combat them effectively.

I suggest you just zap faster than them and aim better, otherwise you'll just be swapping shields endlessly.
Might wanna bring a buddy too.

never siphon first against a monarch.

>cluster
>THEN tether

Fucking what?

zap after the other guy zaps because it steals his shield. make sure you are aiming at his crit point.
are you retarded? that's what people are talking about when they say NS destroys her own traps. cluster missile explosions destroy airborne tether traps.

>all these monarchs
>all this aggressive sustained counterfire

Zap me all you want butterfly bitch, it only makes my core smarter.

Hitscan is bit overpowered. I think making her projectile faster (she's sub wingman elite) and making Viper Thrusters base would be great.

Can you charge the zap or does it work like Ion's in that you can only hold it?

It works like ion's shot, you just hold it so you can aim a little better.

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where you would use your cluster first out of that combination of abilities. Seems a little counterproductive, considering the arm time of the trap, and how you can destroy it apparently.

It's worth noting though, that you can't hold it nearly as long as laser shot. You can still melee-cancel out of it however.

Alright, that's good to know. I'll give it another go sometime.

Once I understood the problem it wasn't really an issue for me anymore. It happens most often when you're trying to retreat, you throw a cluster to cover your escape, then a trap, then cluster has destroyed it. Or if you do the two in quick succession on the same spot, the cluster can destroy the trap before it lands, even if you shot the trap first.

I think homing missiles and more missiles should swap places in the upgrade tree.

Remember to prioritiez shielded titans with your siphon, Siphon deals 100 damage to a titan, but it deals 1800 damage to shields.

I don't know if that means you'll get more core meter for it though.

I think I tried to paying attention to how much core I get for zapping someone. It's like 1%, pretty pathetic.

I wonder if your opponent gets more.

Unless it's a weird glitch that's somehow PC only or something then I don't know what to tell you man
I've sent them through the clusters, over the clusters, right in the middle and nothing m8

>losing to all these monarch stacks
>using ronin and monarch herself
>switch to legion
>get gangbanged by 3 monarchs
>fucking legion is useless
>try again
>catch one monarch at close range
>fire, power shot, fire, power shot
>holy shit this shotgun shit is pretty good
>monarch panics and doesn't even try to do anything beyond firing his little water squirter once before turning tail

I think we can all agree the most annoying thing about monarch is her stun laser and the ungodly amount of fucking smoke each one drops as it pisses itself.

Do it into smoke next

There's someone IN THIS THREAD with over 17k for it
The worst part? He acts like he's skilled

Can't rn cause I gotta run some errands before the weather gets shitty again
I'll be back home in a couple of hours maybe and then I can go back to being autistic over tethers

>phase shitters with r97 everywhere

Who would've thought? Yeah just shoot that archer right in my face, it's not like I can kill you in the phantom zone. Wake me up when R201 is more accurate than R97.

>come around corner
>monarch with 5% HP
>tap Q
>BRAAAAAP
>doomed monarch
>tap Q again
>buh-bye now

Life, Liberty, AGGRESSIVE SUSTAINED COUNTERFIRE

That's the idea. Stun don't mean shit when all you have to do is stand there and ventilate the motherfucker. I tend to try and engage them with CQB as much as possible since they try and close the gap most of the time. Either because they think they can doom me or they want to drop smoke. Either way, shotgun pushes them back and they keep coming back for more.

>wanting to get in close to a Legion when you're not a Ronin

Why would anyone do this?

because you are a scorch with heat shield buff.

I'd only advance if we were already in close quarters, other wise I'll plunk him with thermite and leave him to my tones and northstars

Asked before the patch. Now that we have the numbers. Is Ion kill? And how bad is it on conslow and PC?

Not bad, she's fine.

>havent tried out the CAR since the game came out
>decide to at least regen it
>first match get 10 kills in under a minute

holy shit

Why not just make shitscan weapons have light speed projectile speeds?

Ion is fine. Scorch is kill.

hows the volt currently doing with the new buffs? i had just planned to level it up before patch hits, but if its op again then ill swap to another weapon for the time being.

Ion's fine. Respawn knew what was up and only nerfed Laser shot so it cant outdamage Northstar nor double tap. Laser Core is a little weaker, but everything else is still as it was.

now Shampooh can stop being such a stuck up faggot about Ion

It's a bit stronger and has more recoil (I think). Still worse than the rest of the smgs. It's been buffed to the same degree R97 has been nerfed.

Buy the ones you don't want with credits to reduce the pool room which the gifts draw. It's a slow and arduous process.

still one of the most balanced hitscan weapons and the most balanced smg. the little bit of recoil works nicely with the raised damage so you're not going to be cross-mapping too much but still have impressive range.

How long we double xp for?

They want to keep the game "accessible".

So, they want to keep the bads and their dirty money.

WITNESS THE WRATH OF THE MONARCH

Took someone long enough for this one. Good job user.
>And I will CRUSH Dr. Venture and his North Star with my MIGHTY MONARCH TITAN!!!

While I'm not fantastic at the game, I'm having no trouble with scorch on xbox. Not enough monarchs as far as my matches go.

drawanon are you still here

>want to play live fire maps because no "hurr durrr rooftop
>only available in life fire mode

Fug :-DDDDDD

>Brock pilots a Legion that's been modified to use a trimmed down Ronin sword and nothing else
Think Blisk could take Samson?

>no "hurr durrr rooftop
have you played meadows on livefire? that map literally killed the game mode for me. stacks is great but i cannot play livefire anymore because of how fucking retarded meadows is

Why does my screen shake like fucking crazy when I get shot but my opponent which I'm fucking shooting on kill cam doesn't

You gotta be a cool cucumber under fire user, not a trembling tomato.
Don't stress, you'll get there one day.

Hate maps like that, its essentially a flat map with pitfalls for you to get caught in.

and roofs where people blast you with hitscan weapons before you can even cross half the map

I'm talking about ADS by the way. Every shot that hits me makes my shots miss and it's fucking annoying.

I'll just use the alternator.

Deck is great tho

On some maps there's ways around it, but on others going fast is just a death trap if it involves any air.

Angel city is a pretty rough map for roof campers, you HAVE to go low and fast.

so is stacks, lots of fun. just not worth it to possibly run into meadows imo. that map needs to be removed from rotation

Whats that one map with a shit ton of roofs and a tower?

we're talking about livefire

Oh, I was speaking generally. Yeah, fuck meadow.

Colony, its a damn nightmare for CTF because of roofslows. There are really only two lanes I've found that are safe for flag runs.

I wanted to thank the anons who gave me advice earlier, I'm starting to do a lot better as Monarch.
I'm playing more defensively and figured out that your rockets are better aimed at the feet of whoever you want to hit. Actually manged to get to level 3+ again a few times.