Ok so this had probably been asked before but I can't find a clear answer anywhere...

Ok so this had probably been asked before but I can't find a clear answer anywhere. I am being given a 2000 impreza wrx for free but i'm only on my p plates so its a prohibited car.
Does anyone know if removing the turbo can make it legal? I understand the engine isn't designed for this but is it legally possible? I'm in Australia btw. Thanks lads

The only thing illegal is getting caught user.

I presume it would since its just a NA at that point but would insurance cover it since you've been fucking with it ?
Whats even the point of P plates

garage it until you're on your fulls, please dont fuck with it if its clean. buy a $500 excel and drive that around and then enjoy your turbo power when you can legally enjoy it.

just garage it til you get your full license dipshit. cheaper and easier that way.

>some guy blasts past me
>L plater with a blacked out STI
hope he crashes desu

How long do P plates last?

Shit yes keep that one m80.
how many years of Ps do you have left? Just garage it and then enjoy it as your full license graduation gift to yourself.

Do you have anything to drive right now that's legal?

are you certain its prohibited (called rms or anything) because ive been seeing a tone of p platers driving them around lately

>lasts years
jesus
is there anything like an advanced driving test you can take to get a full licence more quickly?

nope, you have to do 120hrs (100 day 20 night hours) and be on your ls for 1 year before you can take a practical course to get your red ps. then after another year you have to take a computerised test to get your green ps which also raises the speed cap to 100km/hr from 90km/hr. then after 2 more years on your greens you can get your black licence

i dunno what cuck state you're from but in queensland we only need 100 hrs for L plates and there's no speed limit on any of them

NSW we have the biggest cuck laws out of all the states

>you can only drive at a maximum of 60mph for your first three years of driving
pooverty poopeelian pooper pooturbed poofters on pooicide watch

Wow. Holy shit. Australia really is cucked isn't it.

Atleast it's still not as bad as the new euro rules for motorcycle licenses

L platers can drive literally whatever they want. The logic is that most are probably using their parent's cars and restricting this is only going to stop people learning.

people take the piss out of england and europe for driving laws but its literally 10000% less cucked than australia lol

1 year on P1 and 3 on P2.

what state do you live where you are on greens for 3 years

Get it, sell it, buy something you can drive

Vic.

No speed restrictions on Ps so could be worse, but 3 years is fucked. Just bought a new car and want to do some performance upgrades, but can't (legally) for another 2 years

What are P Plates?

Probationary Plates.
In Australia newly licensed drivers have to display a red or green P on their cars, and depending on the state have a bunch of restrictions on speed/performance/BAC/passengers/towing.

Holy shit that sucks, man.

Go to any tuner shop to remap the car, or lower the turbo pressure.

>for cars manufactured pre 2010
can have anything as long as its less than 8 cylinders and not turbo
>after 2010
anything under 130kw / ton
so just take the turbo off lel

>not turbo
so you can't have a 1.4 turbodiesel Polo or an ecoboost Fiesta?
fucking hell

manufactured before 2010? No.
Newer than that? Yes.

nope
its funny how everytime i hear a turbo spool up its a red p plater with an R33 or S15, you can tell the rules are totally enforces

As others have said, it's not worth taking the turbo off.

But if you left the P plates off and drove around normally, I doubt you'd get pulled over. The times you'd get caught out is if you were pulled in for an rbt and the cop decides to ask for your licence.
The biggest issue is insurance, if they find out you were driving a car you weren't meant to it'll be the same as being uninsured.

It wouldn't be worth the risk to me, but I know someone doing it with a fucken evo 8 lol.

Not all of straya. 2 of our larger states are the equivalent of commiefornia, full of draconian laws and cucked policies.

In WA you can drive whatever the fuck you want, and if you wanna do engine swaps and the business, thats fine too, you just gotta get it engineered by a mechanic and have proper certification.

OP just come to Western Australia,

Learners can drive turbos, no V8 or Turbo restrictions, only need 50 hours to do PDA then onto Red P's, still no restrictions life is great.

Reason why it's not restricted here is simple, a study was conducted by some uni and they found that turbos/v8s don't cause more deaths

Same guy here, you need to be 17 1/2 or someshit for red p's cuz they changed it from 17 recently idek

Lol no. Not even Commifornia is as cucked as you guys.

Why can't you just get your license and drive whatever you want

Yeah. Here in CA we are cucked on engine swaps and imports, basically anything emissions related. But there's no safety inspection and it's very easy to start learning to drive with any car you want.

We've seen Canada's worst drivers, you get your licenses out of a cereal box.

>A fucking leaf

user, we don't get random smog tests, and 99.9% of our jobs don't require drug tests.
>it's partly why meth is such a problem in our white trash areas

CA is California you fucking imbecile

Don't be mean it's late ;_;