I want to restore a 70's American muscle car and use it as a daily driver...

I want to restore a 70's American muscle car and use it as a daily driver. The problem I am having is that I have no idea where to start or to look

Just buy a crate 500cui V8, a 4 speed tranny and you're good to go.

step 1: buy the muscle car, this will set you back at least 5k if you get one that isn't completely rotted to shit
step 2: strip the probably fucked interior, fix rust in floors, quarter panels
step 3: pull engine to put crate/new one in or to keep original one and pretty it up
step 4: put it all back together, buy new interior pieces, re-do suspension, etc

The engine is the only thing I'm certain on. I am talking with a guy about getting a used 427

Any decent websites that won't fuck me royally on parts?

not really, all good sites will be expensive, restorations are never cheap either

Rockauto is awesome.

Take your ideal budget, double it. Unless you get a whole new drive train, accept the fact that youll get bad mpg. My 75 camaro only gets 13 if i baby it... granted built V8 and 4.10s dont help.

Spend the money on a good body. I found out that an engine swap is easier than body work.

Novas arent muscle

and youre about to spend a whole lot of money for not much car because you come across as the kind of person who cant do the work himself and dont realize how intensive it is to restore a car

your best bet would be to get an old Malibu since you already have a 427 on the line

make no mistake, you're talking about buying an antique and treating it like a honda civic. Shits going to go wrong and your going to spend a lot buying parts, shipping parts, fabbing parts

>use it as a daily driver
old cars are shit

That's what I'm finding out. The used L68 427 I'm wanting is going for about $4,500.

I ideally want to have an up to date drivetrain so I'm predicting to shell out a fuck ton in that area. Thankfully I don't plan on having this done until several years from now.

Never said I wanted to do a Nova. It's a nice car and literally the first pic I came across in my photos.

This is going to be a long term project and the only thing I don't plan on doing myself is any fabrication work.

You have no idea what you're getting yourself into.

I'll sell you my Nova user, real cheap

Take this from someone who restores cars and dailys them.

Old cars are shit.
They have more body roll than your Aunt Thelma.
The brakes suck and take forever to stop.
The bodies are made of metal and have no areas to absorb impacts.
The steering columns are death Spears
They may or may not have seatbelts. If they do have seatbelts, they probably don't work for shit.
The lights suck at illuminating the road
The windshield wipers usually suck
Loud and harsh ride.

Not to mention they usually lack creature comforts like AC, etc.
By the time you get it half as good as a decent new car, you will have dropped 3-4x the time of a new car.

They are only good as weekend cruisers and if you want to be a special snowflake.

>im 12 and i just watched my first motortrend video the post

i'm sorry but how is a nova not a muscle car

all cars from 1968 and up, at least in america had collapsible steering columns, some even before then

Its a pony because it came with an I6 and 4 door model and the Chevelle exists.

But who gives a fuck, its muscle.

get a first gen mustang. you can still find them in pretty fair condition for ~3k$. more importantly, literally every part you need is on rockauto.

so how bad is my plan of buying a bmw e30 and restoring. it's a late 80s car, i'm a eurofag so i'll get a well maintained one from germany that i will minimally restore. i'll probable change the brakes and the suspension, work on the interior and that's about it. how much should it cost mr expert ?

keep in mind i'm a newbie shitter

how is it a muscle car

its an economy car

might as well call Gremlins muscle cars