Do you downshift and engine brake at every light, or just use the brakes?

Do you downshift and engine brake at every light, or just use the brakes?

My shitbox's brakes barely do anything so I smash that designated shifting stick like a champ.

I can't engine brake

I just coast to a lower speed and then gently apply the brake as I approach the stop, then depress slightly to come to a complete stop, ending with lifting off the brake just slightly so that the stop is smoother for my passengers.
After that, when able to move again, I let off the brake gradually and depress the accelerator in a slow and linear fashion in order to maximize fuel economy and comfort.

I usually only use the brakes as a last resort, if I have room I just let off the gas and coast till I need to downshift.

>stopping at lights
lmaoing at beta cuck

Brakes, I feel like brake pads are cheaper than a top end, and engine braking generally only actually matters from a performance perspective.

Usually a combination of the two because lol bike. Mostly brakes more, though cuz like this dude said , Pads are cheaper than a top end.

Sometimes I'll do heel-toe, but for the large part I just toss it in neutral and brake to a stop.

>passenger is annoying
>about to come to a stop
>stand on the brakes

I will sometimes heel/toe if I'm pretty sure it will change soon.

I always toss it down. Pedals still feel weird on my new car so I haven't yet gone all the way down to 1st. Only down to 2nd once in a while.

But if there's a red light or an exit ramp or anything, it's an automatic 3rd.

I like to downshift and coast, also I love when the car pops and pops but that might be damaging to the valves over time...

I coast in gear until about 2,000 rpm, then throw it in neutral and stop.

If I think it might change before I arrive I'll go down the box but if I'm going to have to stop I'll just brake

Driving on roads lmao cuck

>Not driving the wrong way in a lifted f250
>Not having a massive erection at all times
>Not receiving on demand blowjobs

It's like you guys want to be fag fairies

My car has regenerative breaking.

That must be very helpful after it breaks.

Brakes only

When pads & rotors cost ~$90 per axle and last 20k-60k miles, there is no reason to use a multi-thousand dollar engine to do the job of the brakes. If you live in a salt state like me, you know you have to replace the brakes before they wear out anyway because rust.

usually downshift from 4th to 3rd and then cost and brake for the rest

This

my nigga
I don't have many intersection nor traffic-lights, mainly roundabouts.
They are like branching, if I guessed correctly I won't stop thus saving fuel,
if someone step into at the last moment I've to brake, wasting precious fuel.

>When driving my bike, downshift unless I am on the tight track.
>When Driving truck coast from 50 to 30, then break.

Not driveing a f700
Fucking KEK

What happens when you downshift a dorito?

Tastes like a liar