What would you change on the Teslas to make them perfect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2RlzxXaaTKE
youtube.com/watch?v=EiP1cxCajuM
youtube.com/watch?v=-2pyWAnViXc
energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2014/03/f13/ape051_miller_2013_o.pdf
reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/6z6szd/the_new_model_3_motor_its_history_and_what_it_is/
youtu.be/ePJ8xcL3HAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would like them a lot more if they looked like that. Idk why

it looks optimistic.
like the general vibe in the 90s. as if we're going towards a great future.

A manual gearbox might be fun. Even though itd be basically redundant

oof, that stung a lil bit

And inefficient as fuck.

But let's say you take a Festiva, 100 laptop batteries together and slap a washing machine motor in it, a gear box could make the thing accelerate decently and compensate the lack of torq of the shitty motor.

Also, it would be fun.

get rid of the fucking screen

here's a dutch guy who converted a twingo to electric at home with some shitty parts and it's manual trans

youtube.com/watch?v=2RlzxXaaTKE

An internal combustion engine

no thanks

thats part of the reason I like it so much

>worst of both worlds

what a cool guy. I wonder what motor he used

It really looks and sounds like a washing machine motor

youtube.com/watch?v=EiP1cxCajuM

First I would take off all the stupid whizz-bang shit that's only there to impress retards and is obviously going to break.

Real door handles, not space age whoosh-deploy handles.

No fancy screen, no fancy gullwing doors that will chop fingers. No dancing electric motors to move both the rear and front seats to access third row seating.

Make it a more practical little hatchback, and lower the price with all that money you just saved on pointless shit.
Oh wait, I've just designed a Nissan Leaf.

Also, this e-twingo conversion ride is so fucking comfy holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=-2pyWAnViXc

too bad the leaf still costs so much for what it is.

what a total madman. might buy a shit little hatch and try it. how hard can it be

this is true. 36.5k vs 31k. That 5k gets you a whole lot.

And I for one want to have all of the gizmos. Cars aren't just engines on a frame anymore— they're tech objects that happen to move you around

the biggest problem is to build a controller so you can have more than just ON/OFF acceleration (but nowadays you can even buy those circuits). then you have to have some basic electronic knowledge to get all wired up.
getting some used laptop batteries, cables and an old motor shouldn't be that much of a problem. dropping that motor in and connecting it to the transmission is a ton easier than a gas engine swap too.

Everything. I like the concept of electric cars, but I don't want a smartphone on wheels. I want it to be not much more technologically sophisticated than an old VW Beetle, but still powerful and about as safe as a late 90s / early 00s car.

Biggest thing is, we need to invent an EM field based battery and non chemical based. Or even a small onboard generator.

And I want a manual gearbox electric car.

>manual gearbox
EVs don't need them retard

gearboxes are hold-overs from how shit IC engines are at having a constant power output and dumb ass torque bands. Why do so many gear heads want to carry over stupid legacy stuff from outdate tech? good lord it pisses me off.

Considering how electric cars have such shit top speed, there's definitely a need for them in racing at least.

Would it help with economy?

Why overbuild an electric motor to have a fuckhuge powerband, when you can make it smaller, lighter, and more simple?

>need for them in racing
no not really.. not at all. look at formula E. Originally they had 5 speed gearboxes. Then they figured out thats a waste and is shit so they all went with single gear ratio setups.

read this energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2014/03/f13/ape051_miller_2013_o.pdf

that's what the TM3 is doing with the PM setup in the new motors. see here: reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/6z6szd/the_new_model_3_motor_its_history_and_what_it_is/

who cares about the motor's weight when you have 500Kg of batteries in your cars anyway ?

LS Swap+Manual+Supercharger

bet you can't drive stick

oh wow you really got me there. Do you churn your own butter too?

I will just leave this here

Tesla is fucked youtu.be/ePJ8xcL3HAE

>Meme Air

LMAO.
They literally go from door to door begging to get bought.
Dead even way before arrival.

Is that a fucking LS motor??

it's a joke. the tesla is a reception desk. 0% functional

>Tesla is fucked

One word. Infrastructure.

Add the ability to take in diesel.

I want to believe

Rip out all the retarded luxury bullshit like integrated gps, dashmounted displays and fly by wire and make basic options so that they could be sold at more reasonable prices for the common man.
Make cars in different classes for different purpose such as performance cars, daily drivers and trucks.
This is assuming Tesla's aim is to make electric cars ubiquitous

I just learned these cars won't start if they don't have established connection to their home network.

Teslas are literally the Windows of cars.

That's not true

Stop spreading this fucking nonsense. Every day there is grade A bullshit on here about teslas. How insecure are you people are about your hobby being "destroyed" anyways?

just get the little gun thing from a slotcar put that under the pedal

Make the screen smaller, and back-lighting optional (like e-books). In fact just make all car tablets like that, like a Kindle. It will age a hundred percent better not be as distracting and jarring unless you want it to be.

I think the dark mode + auto dimming takes care of that, no?

It still looks like a shitty 2006 Nokia.

the tesla screens seem fine to me. resolution, colors, whatever. didn't ever think they were hard to see or anything when I've been in one

Then look it up

Get rid of the polluting battery tech for a more environmentally friendly and efficient option like an ICE.

Remove botnet and run on free as in libre software

make it diesel

Look at the 2018 LEAF

>tfw your car has on-disc DLC

The 60 kwh model S was the stupidest idea Elon ever had, and that's including buying a TBM for the memeloop

>150 miles
>$30k base

I'd rather have

Two seats
Maximum weight reduction
No gizmos
Pulsejets for power at 80mph+

Tax credits and lower cost to operate