Veeky Forums please help...

Veeky Forums please help, I almost got in an accident because a car stopped in the middle of a road to make a left turn into a residence. I want to know whether Car 1 or Car 2 is supposed to make the left turn.

Technically, Car 1 isn't allowed to make a left there, but in actuality, it depends on who got there first, but it's rather stupid for him to stop and wait for car 2 to pass before he turns.

hey user, thanks for the reply, let's just say the two cars aren't doing this at the same time. Is car one allowed to make that left turn by himself in that lane or does he have to do what Car 2 does and go into that middle lane that's only for left turns coming from the opposite lane.

You're fucking stupid, you don't know shit.

Car 2 is breaking the law, because that is not a mutual left turn lane. That is a left turn only land for one direction of traffic on a street, it cannot be used by traffic heading in the opposite direction.

Yes, you can make a left turn from where car 1 is, traffic permitting. Double yellow lines do not mean you cannot make a left turn, they only mean you cannot change lanes to pass.

How can a car be allowed to just stop in the middle of a road where the Speed Limit is 55 mph just to make a left turn? it doesn't make sense.

this

Nobody is supposed to turn your supposed to zip across straight

how does it not make sense
was it your first day driving

Although it's a pretty fucked up location, there's nothing illegal about car 1 making a turn there. It may inconvenience people behind them, it has the risk of crossing two lanes, and it may be blocked by opposite traffic accumulating in the turning lane. However, it's still completely legal.

Car 2, on the other hand, is breaking the law by driving on the wrong side of the road.

In your illustration, the driver of car 2 is in the wrong lane going in the wrong goddamn direction and shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car. If car 1 took that right turn off of that side road, not giving the unlabeled car enough time to make a safe stop, that's car 1's fault.

this

bonus: captcha is a picture of a "wrong way" sign

Op here, the reason why I ask this is because I'm he car all the way in the back of car 1 and 2 heading right behind Car 1. I almost rear ended him because he made a turn on my lane when I had ROW. I actually had to swereve around him and venture into the middle lane, almost hitting oncoming traffic.

>wat are double yellow lines mean ? ??

Car 1 can't turn there broski

Do I have the right to sue or report Car 1?

So, you didn't really have the right-of-way. Once car 1 was in front of you and traveling in the same direction, they had right to slow down and make a legal turn.

Your right-of-way was present at the point where car 1 initially pulled out and got in front of you. If you hit them in the side there, then they would be clearly at fault.

It could probably be argued that there isn't enough distance between the point that car 1 pulled out in front of you and the turn they were making. The fault would still probably lie with you though, since they'd assume you were traveling too fast.

You should've just slowed down when they first pulled out, or passed them on the shoulder when they stopped to turn. That way you don't have to do retarded things like passing them on the side that they are turning, into oncoming traffic.

So it's my fault? Fuck, should I just kill myself at this point? I had my family with me. This could've been a serious accident.

Are you that guy who drives into other people's accidents?

What accident? Car 1 almost caused an accident by turning into my lane which I had ROW, you're not supposed to turn into a lan if there's an uncoming car with 100 ft I believe.

>So it's my fault?

Pretty much. Cars are allowed to slow down and turn. As long as Car 1 properly signaled and didn't slam on the brakes to turn, you'd be at fault.

The cop or insurance company would likely say you should've been driving slower at a greater following distance.

You didn't have right of way retard.

How do I go from here anons, should I kill myself? Please respond.

Just slow down some when you see drivers entering the road or preparing to enter the road.

Never trust other drivers.

fyi I have never been in an accident that was my fault

You should leave enough space and pay enough attention to have time to slow down/stop for the car. Speed limits are maximums, not mandatory sustained speeds, and if you need to turn left then you have the right to stop until doing so is safe.

kys

>BUH BUH I MIGHT HAVE TO STOP FOR A FEW MOMENTS SO SOMEONE CAN TAKE A LEFT
>LOL KYS PERSON WHO SYMPATHIZES WITH ANYONE WHO MIGHT REMOTELY INCOVIENCE ME FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME!!!!! XDDDD

Fuck off, bus rider.

>autism

wtf is car 2 doing