What are the drawbacks of buying an S13 for a first car...

What are the drawbacks of buying an S13 for a first car? I'm a broke ass college kid and I go to a rural school where public transit is ass but I don't want a fucking brotruck/dykewagon like everyone else around here.

Finding an S13 with no rust shouldn't be an issue since I live in California. I'm also cool with an owning one in auto.

Don't go mental with mods if you're gonna treat this as your daily and you'll be fine.

i don't have money for mods

>tfw i made the boyfriends cock miata shift meme and it's been stolen from me

The you're set! Have fun with your pop up headlights!

>buy a cheap econobox and stay and school and try to get a part time job so you can stack your chips.
>when you have saved up more than $5k than you can consider buying a 240sx.

btw S13s never came to the North American market so stop calling 240sx's that.

buying an automatic 240sx is pointless and you're going to hate yourself even more than buying any old regular shitbox.

>s13s never came to north america so stop alling 240SXs that
are you retarded or too high on sushi?

There are no drawbacks except finding a clean one. Fuel efficient 4 banger with plenty of aftermarket parts and also a large hatch. pic related got it in senior year of high school. I'm in the bay area wya?

forgot pic

collects water in the trunk when it rains

your pop ups WILL fail at some stage

No he's probably gonna go on some tangent about RMS13's or some shit since that's the technical USDM chassis.

But it flies out the fuck window when people also call the 180SX an S13 even people in japan which he probably circle jerks over, when they're technically RS13's and RPS13's, even the Silvia's technically has PS13 after the switch to the SR20.

So ultimately it's pointless autism.

The water in the trunk is only for hatches I think and it's a bitch to seal so I just threw a ShamWow in there

the water in the trunk meme is real but a can of flex seal will fix that shit

if you dont like to work on cars dont buy an s-chassis

It will have been used hard and shit will be broken.

S13 is a fine first car. Just

do

it

They're relatively reliable and there's forums for them all over the place.

The main issue is finding one that some idiot didn't fuck up.

Also, don't buy one if you don't know how to work on your own stuff. I'm not saying you should know how to rebuild an engine or anything, but at least be competent enough to follow ChrisFix videos on replacing brake components and basic engine maintenance.

Check the headlights when you buy one and look for rust/water in the trunk like other people already said.

Main thing is just to be careful and enjoy your car.

These cars are perfect for broke fag teenagers
Its why they are so popular... literally no one above the age of 25 owns one

Humboldt county atm niggy, but i'm from LA

What the fuck is wrong with you cunt, I made that meme

fuck off nerds, that meme is MINE
I MADE IT
ME

>Zilvia
>Florida boys

Post your miatas or didn't happen

Commiefornia. Good luck with your endeavour in your shit hole of a state. You'll most likely run into beaners who lie about the cars current reliability. Most likely sell them for more than their worth. It's going to be hard to find a clean one in good shape if that's what you are looking for. Do not buy a clean one if you wish to rice it out you are literally pouring money down the drain and is the worst financial decision you can make with cars like that. Just buy one that's already got mods you like.

Seems like you want one to be different and since you would be fine with an auto, you don't want to skid so whats the point.

Davis?

>implying I don't just take the bus
:^)

>I'm also cool with an owning one in auto.
be sure to save up on money for your upcoming sex change operation

>you don't want to skid so whats the point.
scaring the shit out of people with your loud-ass air intake
you can actually keep up with traffic with a manual
drive it smoother than an auto to impress the imaginary girl in your passenger seat
other car enthusiasts won't laugh at you
better gas mileage
better reliability
more fun
etc