/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

14 days until early access!

>The Make It Rain Campaign Event May 29th-June 12th
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/the_make_it_rain_campaign/

>Stormblood - A Tour of the East Trailer
youtu.be/yFeF4CEu4gA

>Pre-Order FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ (Early Access Begins June 16th)
stormblood.na.square-enix.com/

>New Features, Jobs, Skills, and Changes Coming in Stormblood
docs.google.com/document/d/14SbRI6EBkgUfQxaQM-qIwN7c__Hvuk4vW6VN11OlKUo/pub

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq

Previous thread:

xth for pretty sky

SAMURAI!!

Rheia, you and your circlejerk must leave.

Soon we'll have our ability confirmation!
Think any numbers will change when things hit live?

300% shield is retarded. I mean they could have made it 200% and still been an improvement.

Any fisher here know if this is a glitch? I have a few Princess trouts for this quest but it did not register them. Got one at the required location too.

it's not high quality

you need a high quality fish

They are not HQ

the little symbol next to the Item name in the quest log means they need to be high quality

Queue up for Void ark on Chaos datacenter!

Bweh, I got it from the river the cunt wanted though. Thanks, I'll just keep trying.

What server are you on?

that icon that looks like 2 curved lines means high quality, if you ever see it that in a quest criteria it means you need a high quality item and ONLY a high quality item will fit the bill

Might as well.

What shoes are these?

SB is in for worse treatment than HW if things don't change, lmao.
scouting or striking i110 crafted.

healers don't need to dps

>hey WHM only problem is MP management and no real utility
>I know let's give them a gimmicky mechanic that pretty much forces them to spam their least used spell at high levels
>oh their job job skills were so nice let's give them to everyone but let's nerf them we don't want the other healers to be OP now do we
>OK let's also remove stoneskin and give them a new one that's slightly stronger but costs all your stacks let's make it strong enough to block one auto attack and put it on a 60 sec cool down
>oh let's also put a mechanic that stacks more healing on people but it's a buff on the party members instead of the healer themselves and let's make it timed so they have to keep spamming heals on everyone
>let's also knock off the damage from fluid aura as DPS are complaining that they push people all over the place
>and to put the cherry on top let's slightly increase their damaging spells so they can read the pot that they could be doing instead of spamming all those cures
This is exactly what WHM needed and the pure healer audience will love us

>looking at healer changes
So how are WHM mains holding up?

I felt nice as a SCH main once I saw Chain stratagem, but then I saw nocturnal sect. I'm not sure how that got a pass still.

So, the big question is, are you betraying your main in Stormblood, or staying loyal?

Why do you still come here? No one here likes you and you only have like 1 friend. Everyone else just tolerates you or ignores you. So please, go. Die, leave, anhero, idfc, just go.

Staying loyal since none of the classes excite me. Only really thinking of MNK or SMN otherwise for the memes. Staying NIN btw.

Ah I see it, thanks. Another fisher question: Do the quests ever give fisher/sailor/anything cute type clothing? It's a comfy class so I want to look cute and comfy.

Odin

not really, most of the quest rewards are generic rags

n-name?
I need friends...

that took me a minute

Kirimu Sandals of Striking

Xth for everyone deserves a happy adventuring family!

sitting on one of the limsa benches

>pure healer
>most of its toolkit was dragged away from them and nerfed meaning they got a hard nerf on top of this.

Not sandspic!

Aw man, so we have to buyfag to look effay? I've just been getting ugly stuff as an archanist too.

I switched to AST long ago. my whm baby is no more

Stop playing WHM.
We hate designing for it.
Play AST instead.

>hey see that girl over there tell her to stop over healing her mother died that way
>lv 70: heal heal heal heal heal heal heal heal heal shield heal heal heal AoE heal heal heal heal heal

People who main WHM or wanted to raid as it are pissed off. Like spitting mad. There's a few retards who defend the changes, but the math just isn't there to support them. Of course WHM will be viable in the sense that it will be capable of doing everything. Hell it will be flat out incredible for killing trash, but that's it.

I am not sure about the total rDPS contribution of Chain Stratagem. I've heard 4% over the course of a fight but I've not seen math to support that. If that's the case, WHM would have to deal hundreds more single target DPS than an equivalently skilled/geared SCH, and I mean like 500 (or more), to take its spot. I just don't see that happening.

staying same like this guy

>WHM inherently boring as shit without a gigantic reworking of many core skills
>decide to prop up the actual fun healers instead

get cucked healsluts.

SMN mains overreacting to their class "nerfs" has been my favourite part of Stormblood so far.

Like yeah I understand why WHMs are upset because even if they were numerically broken, their new mechanics/systems seem lame as fuck, but SMNs in full babymode is amazing.

How do I play astrologian optimally? I don't want memes about only using that one card - this is the only job that really seems interesting to me

Why is one from Europe up and playing at this hour? Don't you have classes/work to go go.

I'd will be a cold day in hell before I become a balance bitch

who is this cute meower

aaaaaaa

They should have reworked cleric stance and make it WHM only. Something like you burst your lilies when going into cleric for a big nuke and do a big heal when exiting clerics based on damage dealt.

Please kill me end my life

it's literally White Mage except you occasionally draw cards and then shove them out if they aren't Balance

AST has one of the worst designs in the game.

Bang.

But Stormblood, user!

W-white mage will still be good in dungeons, right?

>tfw no qt elezen gf

Staying loyal, though do plan to work on SAM too for fun

Literally the only things SMNs have room to complain about are losing their status as AoE gods and a shift in playstyle but NOT a change in strength except, again, in AoE. It's easily the biggest unjustified kneejerk from the reveals.

What server is the new ERP central now that Balmung is full?

Balmung.

Only way you're seeing a WHM in endgame is if they have an over 700 pot spammable attack spell
And even then you're going to be second pick

WHM will be fine.

What is your friend going to do now WAR is the bottom of the 3?

Tataru is so cute

>Don't you have classes/work to go go.

Every single healer in any mmo is "literally white mage with added gimmicks" because white mage is the most barebones generic rpg healer ever created

I know what astro is, idc if other people don't like it I just want some tips or advice from other people here that play astro

>fine
If you just grind tomes in roulettes maybe

all the pre-50 gear looks like shit unless it's crafted stuff specifically for glamour

Punching things is silly amounts of fun, and that's what matters.

Remain true to the path of the shinobi.

What do you think about all those MNK mains that said your class would be cuckshedded for 4.0?

Or it's Brayflox gear.

>shove them out if they aren't Balance
this is how you tell bad ASTs who hopped on it due bandwagoning or peer pressure

if you dps needs fucking resource, use it

I hear a lot of people are rolling on Cactuar.

>tfw no straight submissive catboy bf

She's addicted to the lottery

Just hand me the shotgun yoshi.
You clearly don't care.

>HEY WHM, GUESS WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR NEW MECHANIC IN YOUR NEW EXPANSION?
>YOU GET A SHITTY VERSION OF THE SPEAR THAT ONLY AFFECTS ONE OGCD IF YOU SPAM CURE INSTEAD OF USING REGEN

alright here you go

Shall we commiserate?

didnt mnk stuff get mistranslated and isnt as bad as people made it out to be though?

post grown men

You play it optimally in a raid by fishing for Balance. If you don't pull a Balance, you Redraw. If, on redraw, you pull something that you have a clear and immediate use for (e.g., Bole for a tank, Arrow for BLM, Ewer/Spire for co healer or physical DPS who just ressed and doesn't have AF/Shroud/Invig, etc.), use it. I would never Spread (hold) anything but a Balance. If you pull a Balance, hold it and then fish for a Spire/Ewer to expand it.

As far as the heals in Diurnal you let your Regens do the heavy lifting. Don't skimp on Time Dilation, Disable or CU. Try to line up when you use CO and LA. If you can line that up with your cards too that's great. On the pull I LA, throw the Expanded Balance that I prepared beforehand, use a potion and then CO to extend all of that. For Noct you need to be predictive, not reactive. Learn the phases of fights and when damage comes out so you know when mitigation is necessary.

You have to ride your GCD more than the other two healers, but to minimize that you want to be predictive. Only heal when it is necessary. Otherwise DPS and do cards.

>implying my heart is with the shinobi
I miss being a bunny monk my dude. Seems like the cards don't have it in my future that I'll main it though unless I'm in it for the memes.

>have few friends
>enjoy their company
>they go to sleep
>get sad and lonely
>do stupid shit
>people avoid me because of stupid shit
>cant make new friends
i brought this upon mysef but by god it hurts
i hope some day people will forgive me for choosing to main monk through 4.0

So we're pretty much that bitch in the CNJ storyline now?

>not vaykor hek

It's not about loyalty.

anybody telling you to just use balance is an absolute shitter and can be ignored. makes me fucking cringe when a brainless parrot AST throws away a spire in an aoe heavy situation where either the WAR or the physical dps is dry, or throwing away ewer when they themselves are struggling with MP. just to fish for a meme fucking balance that doesn't even make runs go that much faster outside of extreme optimization

just read the tooltips of every of your utility skills and cards, it should be fairly obvious what to do in which situation. USE ALL OF THEM. astro stops being similar to WHM beyond the six core healing skills (heal, big heal, oh shit heal, cleanse and aoe heals). it has mitigation and utility out of the ass

And to add: talk to your DPS to sync up your Expanded Balances with their CDs. And learn the fights really well so you know when to throw them. You don't want to throw a card and have the boss go untargetable 5s later.

SCH: I bring crits to the party with shields and strong single target DPS
AST: I have even stronger shields on top of better healing and good AoE damage while providing buffs to the whole party for any occasion
WHM: heal heal heal heal heal heal heal heal weak shield heal heal heal AoE heal heal heal heal heal...

Ive never wanted to fuck anything so badly in my life before

I called her mama jiggly

The path of the meme is a lonely but ultimately cancerous path. Walk it proudly. kys

If your DPS need a resource, that means they probably fucked up. Also its the job of the support DPS to give resource not you.

Balance is the only needed card, Bole is helpful, Arrow is worse balance, the rest are generally useless and you are definetely not hoping to draw them.

Ok.

>You have to ride your GCD more than the other two healers
what does this mean? the only GCD heal it has is AB (and maybe lightspeed+anything) but eliminating cast times is totally worth the GCD (which are already short on AST to boot)

So what you're saying is we need to buff AST? Thats what I am hearing.

In chocobo racing, does shifting lanes to take the shorter routes between corners actually get you ahead? It feels like the lag of changing lanes actually negates the lead you would get from cutting across and it looks like I'd be better off just staying in one lane and only changing to avoid obstacles or grab items.

thanks anons