I'm 19, was happily driving my beloved 06 Saab 9-3. (ECU tuned, new intake, front lip etc)

I'm 19, was happily driving my beloved 06 Saab 9-3. (ECU tuned, new intake, front lip etc)

However I had a couple seizures in late winter/early spring, which kinda stopped me from driving for 6 months.

My dad, (who is cheap as fuck despite making 300k+ per year) wants to get me a new car with some sort of collision avoidance system.

Car needs to be below 25k.

I'm currently looking at a Impreza sport hatchback with EyeSight, looks pretty well-rounded to me.

Are there any other companies that make good crash avoidance systems? And no, I'm not going for the fucking hotwheel looking hondas or toyotas.

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/685705482/overview/
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/687595289/overview/
youtube.com/watch?v=A_t62W_0fs4
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/billy-caldwell-cannabis-oil-boy-seizures-stopped-cured-prescription-medical-marijuana-a7933066.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bumper cars

Corolla IM. After taxes and fees it should only be $22-23k depending on where you live

subarus are shit and these imprezas are slow as fuck.

keep driving something you enjoy.

Did you not read the fucking post?

I dont have an option unless I dont want to drive

I'm pretty sure the Ford Focus and Mazda 3 can also be had with similar options. They Impreza is a better car than either though.

>not reading the whole post before replying

1. His dad is buying the car.

2. His dad is insisting that the car has safety features.

Waaaaaaaaah why doesnt my dad buy me a $100000 mercedes!?!?!??!!?

is he paying or are you paying? he has no right to force you to get a new car. buy your own car and get your own insurance.

>137hp

He's paying. My epilepsy kinda fucked me over and I'm living at home w/my parents now.

It's getting better though thanks to a new doctor.

Not to mention I'm at school right now and in no way have time for a job- and I can't do any physical labor until I get back surgery this fall.

Thank you

You didn't read his post either? He has a budget and "safety" requirements

He wants to lease it- and he already thought he could get a car for $169 per month thanks to those shitty dealership ads that advertise that price, which are always of course for the base of the base models.

eh I'm siding with him, a car that has 137hp and gets 28 city is pretty damn underwhelming , while also being extremely ugly.

(Yes, I know I'm being quite particular, because I fucking loved my Saab- that tuned turbo i4 could actually do quite a bit)

seconded corolla IM. You can get the safety bullshit with the manual. Better than the subaru with the shitty boxer engine.

If you're fucking epileptic get off the fucking road and take ubers.

You'll fucking kill someone. This isn't a joke user and I'm sorry for your illness but you CANNOT be driving with that condition.

Not OP but would other cars flashing their brights cause an epileptic seizure?

Shut up you fucking communist

driver licensing is communist?

get fucked. I hope you run over an old man and spend 15 years in jail thinking about how you could have avoided it by paying $20 for a rideshare

Ill hit your dumb ass first retard

yup, definitely a selfish little prick of a teenager you are

What the fuck man, you shouldn't be driving if you have seizures.

>said user, as some kid in a Saab crossed the centre line at 100mph and killed him two seconds later

Fuck off nigger lover. Ill drive what I want

Even though I'm pretty sure this is bait, less than 2% of all cases of epilepsy are caused by "flashing lights" like that.

you'll learn to love tyrone deep in those cheeks

it'll probably be voluntary manslaughter since you already know you're completely unfit to operate a motor vehicle.

I had two seizures back in march because a dumbass doctor switched me to a medicine that didn't work.

Other than that the other two times I had a seizure was when I was 15- one triggered by alcohol, and one from sleep deprivation.

So fuck off, epilepsy is different in EVERYONE. You have no idea how epilepsy works. You're probably one of the people that think "OH FLASHING LIGHTS HES GONNA HAVE A SEIZURE"

a very small percentage of people with epilepsy have seizures triggered visually

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

If you were to cause an accident as a result of your epilepsy you could be held criminally liable, you know that right?

You have to tell your insurance company too, or they'll just void your policy when you have an accident and it becomes known.

Stop being such a sneaky little shit, life isn't fair. Deal with it. At least you aren't paralyzed. Play your cards right and you could probably get one of those cool free seizure dogs.

So you're not even a year seizure free and want to get back on the road.

And you'll have a seizure if you drive when you're tired.

Just digging yourself deeper user.

fucking leave, youre both cancer

Considering OP was already driving I'm pretty sure his insurance knows

Not to mention states have time until you can drive after a seizure for a reason. My little brother has epilepsy and in my state it's 3 months seizure free until you can drive, which is way too fucking short IMO.

Toyota Camry, it has all the safety features and it doesn't look bad

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/685705482/overview/

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/687595289/overview/

he can't legally drive anyways, the DMV would revoke his license because doctors are legally obligated to tell them in such cases

>Considering OP was already driving I'm pretty sure his insurance knows

Not unless he tells them. It's not like a traffic ticket - they can't just do a background check for epilepsy.

Doctors aint shit

my fucking god you're arrogant

This problem will probably solve itself when you piss off someone enough that they pour sugar in your gas tank

Only reason I had a seizure in march in the first place was because of withdrawal from the medicine I was on.

Not to mention, the 'sleep deprived' seizure was after not sleeping for about 30 hours.

Mate, you don't get how it works. I JUST got my license back- any good doctor will report that shit. But no, they're not legally obligated in my state.

All states are either 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months.

he'll just careen into a ditch at 90 miles an hour and die on some lonely road at 1am

>Mate, you don't get how it works. I JUST got my license back- any good doctor will report that shit. But no, they're not legally obligated in my state.
>All states are either 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months.

Yeah but they'll revoke your license for reckless faggotry, that's a lifetime ban.

Fuck off bitch I'm a good driver

Eat shit you seizing cunt

It doesn't matter if you have epilepsy you stupid fuck, how do you not understand this.

>had a couple seizures in late winter/early spring

All it takes is one bad accident user, hope your dad (or your mom) realizes this sooner or later.

user would rather be a paraplegic who can't drive than a guy with occasional seizures who can't drive.

Link very related, let's not forget how insanely lucky this faggot was.

youtube.com/watch?v=A_t62W_0fs4

Kys I'm gonna drive and you ain't stopping me motherfucker

If you're getting this worked up over people trying to prevent you harming yourself further you should really reconsider your options.

EAT. SHIT

>a couple seizures
Legally you shouldn't be able to drive.
Morally you shouldn't drive.
I know it sucks,but other people also drive on the same roads you do.
You got dealt a bad hand,learn to play it.

>Kys

No user, that will be you.

I'll play it by driving dickwad

If its a lease, get the impreza sport. You'll likely avoid the bullshit hassles that come with long term ownership

Or driving on by trees at sunrise/sunset, suspension bridge,going between buildings...

Or just randomly occuring seizures.
It's a roll of the die before he kills someone.

>"safety" requirements
The safety of others demands he doesn't drive until it is proven he won't tard on down the road into another car.
Rich kid needs a driver.

Dickhead

We really should find a way to get this little shit banned from driving.

OP, where are you from, so I can avoid your suicidal teenage ass.

Swerve bitch

Killer

Sure. Pussy killer

You spoiled little bitch.
You cry because you dad makes you buy a car? He prevented you doctor from reporting you,genetic dead end.

>Swerve bitch
That's what his garbage nervous system makes him do several times a second every so often.
Buy a civic,that way at least to pieces of shit go away at the same time.

Like your twitchy shit self can get it a hole. IF you can get a boner that thing looks like corrugated retard from you randomly jamming it into furniture every time a light flashes.

Get a Tesla with autonomous driving. It's up to you for how you get the other $60k

Otherwise don't drive.

>Pussy killer
You can tell this guy is getting laid.
You can also tell he can't take a bath unattended,you know, because of his shit genes,but you know he gets laid because he says he kills pussy.
But he can't drive,but he definitely gets laid because he anonymously told us he does.

>Pussy killer
Because every time a girl sees you her pussy dries up to the point of death.
You are walking kitty litter.

Holy shit you guys are fucking savages lmao.

>all these assmad poorfags jealous of my pussy slaying skills
Lmao feels good

Jealous of your fall down the stairs and wake up in a wheelchair skills.
Do your parents have a pool?

Extremely obvious samefag

Just the first 2 are me.
I'm guessing number 3 just had the same idea at the same time.
Good call tho.

>ECU tuned, new intake, front lip etc
Tasteful mods.
....seizures.... STOP DRIVING!
19 yr old 25k budget....Nobody feels sorry for you. 25k will buy many uber.

>reckless faggotry, that's a lifetime ban
Gays would never have been able to marry if that were the case. They would have died out due to being so poor and being so immobile.

Eye sight is incredible.

Do it OP

>All states are either 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months.
Not true 2 years! Thats 10% of your life.

>I'm currently looking at a Impreza sport hatchback with EyeSight, looks pretty well-rounded to me.

8 SECOND 0 -6
8 FUCKING SECONDS

Just get the turbo civic with the hondasight and not be in a car slower than the fucking BRZ LEL

Do you take CBD? It might prevent you from having any seizures.

I hope op lives near you that way he can spa out and kill your loved ones in 8 FUCKING SECONDS.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/billy-caldwell-cannabis-oil-boy-seizures-stopped-cured-prescription-medical-marijuana-a7933066.html

God you're a massive retarded faggot.

I'm not even gonna waste my time.

wage slave

>EyeSight
Most of those systems work really really bad, look them up in tests. iirc subaru's system only worked in 17% of all scenarios the adac tested for. I wouldn't even trust the system in my dad's g30 bmw despite knowing it's one of the best on the market.

Don't drive you absolute retard

>someone is this assblasted about OPs post
how do you survive daily life?

Trips of truth

Fuck off OP. You got your answer

OP, you are literally a faggot and a genetic failure.
Please do your parents and the rest of the world a favor and commit suicide. Thanks.

>Are there any other companies that make good crash avoidance systems?
Volvo something.

Check out nissan/infiniti. They pioneered almost all the safety shit in modern cars and the auto brake feature is on most cars

>adac

AYE LMAO

I dunno about the US prices, but the Mercedes B Class is one of the safest cars Mercedes builds. It is especially safe due to its sandwhich construction, so the engine slides beneath you should a really ugly car crash happen.

In Europe the B Class starts at around 24k. Ofcourse you can also go for the A Class which is also packed with technology and safety stuff, but I like the B Class more.
Or you could go for a Passat/Jetta or something like that.

We only get the Electric version of the B-Class in the US and it's like $30,000. No A-Class at all here.

Buy a literbike, that way you still get to have loads of hektik fun and when you die you likely won't be taking anyone with you.