Is there any reason to drive manualtragics anymore besided 'MUH FEEL'?

Is there any reason to drive manualtragics anymore besided 'MUH FEEL'?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/201722277
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo-Hydramatic
youtu.be/qrCxAiDqYVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

apples to apples they give better fuel economy

>2017
>not driving barefoot to feel more connected to your car

What are you guys even doing

Yeah. Muh experience, muh superiority, muh driving skills, muh car control. Among others.

Saging shit thread by dumb muritard

Transmission repairs are cheaper.
Also yeah, it's a different driving feel, and I like that feel.

more control, better gas milage, plus it's a respectable skill.

anti theft

U mad?

only people mad here are those that don't know how to drive a manual

Manuals put you in a mindset of thinking ahead of a corner instead of responding to it

Which makes them nice for RWD cars where you have to think ahead of a corner, but not too neccesary for FWD cars because you can just hektik trailu braiku if you're a bit off

T. Mad witeboi

No. At this point it's like listening to Vinyl. Fun but technically pointless.

More like hektik understeeru into a curbu. Or alternatively, 180 degree rotation cuz the tires aren't warm.

I'm Chinese. :^)

who gives a shit about any of that when you're driving two minutes down the road for some milk? every day is not track day nerd

t. manual driver

maybe you are getting milk in the wrong manner

i'm pretty sure i'm doing it right

On second thought, my second statement isn't accurate for most fwd cars. But for autos in general. However, 'sportier' fwd econoboxes will have a tendency to want to over rotate under braking. Also, I'd like to mention that my totally scientific knowledge of the phenomena is not anecdotal and definitely never took place in the wet. And I also, never tried to spin my fwd chili pepper on purpose.

Honestly I thought Manuals were going to be just a meme when automatic transmissions kept getting better and better in many ways, these last few years proved the exact opposite with garbage CVT transmissions and Ford putting in walmart transmissions in their Fiestas and Focuses. Manuals are still worth it if you want to buy a vehicle from a brand with dodgey transmission history.

>drive 2016 manual 5speed mt
Both +5mpg and 0.2s quicker to 60mph than the 6speed auto.
$1650 cheaper purchase price new
Also 20x more fun
I drive manual beacuse I have fun driving.

At a certain speed on dirt, you can basically steer a FWD car with the brake pedal (easier with an auto), which is kind of fun because you can get way more angle than you should.

>0.2s faster for 300% more work
Wow u really dodged the bullet

slamming gears at wot is also 300% more fun than clicking flappy paddles

He doesn't drive everywhere at the redline

He didn't heel toe every downshift.

He doesn't see how quickly he can get dem groceries.

Lmao at ur life normie

my car isn't fast and it doesn't even sound good, there's no point

also
>beating the shit out of your car before it warms up

vimeo.com/201722277

Automatics are scientifically and historically better at fuel milage from the drivetrain thanks to better rev matching at acceleration. Manuals can only get that quality of rev matching if the driver has been actually learning and progressing more on his shifting, in which almost all manual hipsters don't ever do.

So wait, you be sayin that if the drivers good, manual gets better mpgs? Hmm, almost like that other user said something similar

I like old cars, and old cars are better with a manual. It gives you more direct connection to the car, whereas automatics are vague and sloppy.
I like being able to have complete mechanical control over my car.
I drove my friends auto 2016 mazda3 last week. I put it in the manual mode, and it took a full second if not more to shift. It was vague and sloppy. Autos are not fun.

DCT is acceptable because it's an actual manual transmission

Manual drivers will always get equal or lesser mileage when accelerating over the rev for that next gear. The difference is negligible in four cylinders but noticeable in 8 cylinders.To match the gears perfectly is essentially having the car at a constant 2k rpm up to the 60 mph point with all the gears possible shifted.

>whereas automatics are vague and sloppy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo-Hydramatic

You make that sound like it doesn't come naturally after like 2 weeks of driving standard.

Make more excuses, brainlet

Is downshifting while coming to a stop better for you car's health than putting it in neutral right before stalling?

Fuck no. That's causing unnecessary wear when you have cheap and replaceable brake pads and rotors to do that.

Investment potential. Look at the prices of manual aircooled Porsche's compared to autos, same with E46 M3 values when comparing 6 MT vs SMG and so on.

roasting tires

Automatic transmissions are the most complicated part of the car by far. All economical advantages (if any) go out the window as soon as it needs service or fails.

ok i lost it when he revs the crap out of the car and takes off in front of the cop

Since my manual got smashed by a drunk I've had to drive this automatic rental car everywhere. I think it's a Hyundai Accent. Little cuckbox. Full throttle from a dead stop is interesting. It shifts fast enough but it's a 2017 and it's not my car. Light throttle shifts are constant and annoying enough to make me put it into manual mode. I can imagine it gets way better mpg than my 5 speed because it's constantly trying to get to 6th. Not bad to beat on as a new rental but I don't think I'd want to own one. Maybe one of those 8 speed camaros would be nice, but some NA shitbox I don't think it's fast enough.

where's this from holy shit

>do this
>never change or check oils
>bmw is bad car keeps breaking down
>muh german inginiring

And that is why only america and 4th world countries have problems with bmw or any car in general
.alfa romeo owner

I think it's an old Top Gear, not entirely sure though can't find it on youtube anywhere and my memory is a bit fuzzy.

I guess it might have been after this, maybe.
youtu.be/qrCxAiDqYVI

>2017
>not sticking your dick in the 12V socket to feel more connected to your car

I drive a manual car and I can tell you, I will never ever buy a manual car ever.
Sucks so fucking much...

If you get an autotragic for the car you bought for driving enjoyment then you also have a guy that fucks your gf for you

Who is this based Chinese man?

Manuals are the default over here, I've never even driven an automatic

Manushit is only acceptable on serious offroading / racing cars,

>City driving
hurt your fucking leg
>Country driving
Can't cruise control properly

*laffs in chinese*

Fack you bic boi

amerifat obsession with manual transmissions will never fail to make me laugh. every 17 year old girl here can drive a manual car in the city without any problems but the fat retards on Veeky Forums claim that "it hurts your leg".

A 40kg chick can drive a manual yet it hurts your leg. Are you made of goat cheese?

Documentary - "Empire of Dust" or something similar

>>City driving
>hurt your fucking leg
>>Country driving
>Can't cruise control properly
lmao
I drive a fucking purpose built sportscar modded to be a racecar
My legs are fucked up from riding bmx for a few decade and I daily mine both in traffic jams through capital, hours on highway and racetracks.
You are the reason people laugh at autofags because you have to be a pussy ass bitch or disabled to complain about manual

It's a Top Gear skit about traction control being useless. To prove it, Sir Crash-a-lot Hamburger drives a porch and bangs the rev limiter like some hipster.

Do whatever, as long as you double clutch perfectly it doesn't put any wear on the clutch.

you sound like an angry manlet.

I wish I was a fucking manlet so I'd fucking fit in the car more comfortably without the seat being where the taillights are

>it's a fatmaster with inferiority complex makes an echo chamber thread to rationalize away his self-loathing episode
I hate reruns.

t. Burger
Autos are only made for ladies desu

if you're in a slower car, generally a shitbox, you can take better advantage of its power without having to modify it

as far as racing is concerned, i think (assuming we're talking about modified consumer vehicles here) it should *only* be manuals, because it's more about human involvement instead of relying on the car itself

that being said, automatics have their place and manuals have their place

DD/traffic car should be auto
weekend/sporty car should be manual

it says more about you as a car enthusiast if you drive a manual

it actually kinda makes me sad that people even question this nowadays, before if you didn't drive stick you were immediately considered an outsider

i guess that isn't the case these days

Unless it's a double clutch or a luxurious car you're still an outsider.

And anti "can I barrow your truck brah."

unironically this

Looks like a couple of bored assholes in jail to me

jackie chan

only in America

They're better in flatter, more open areas than autos tend to be. You get much more control over acceleration because you don't have to wait for your transmission to figure out that you need to go faster.

On the other hand, automatics have a good place in cities like Seattle or San Francisco, where the extremely hilly terrain makes every hill start dangerous to your insurance policy.

>O.2s faster
Kek

Yeah, this is true in any sense. If you want to be economical about it, I don't care if the car has either since I drive both, but manual transmissions are both cheaper (cost more to put an auto in new cars) and are simpler and take more abuse than automatic transmissions do. You fuck up once or twice on fluid changes and your transmissions roast for most brands. I think the disastrous CVTs and Ford's retarded problem is making people realize that manuals are still relevant because they just work.

You yanks are another breed I swear.

Reliability

if you can't drive on hills you shouldn't be driving a manual. I live in Duluth, the hills here are even steeper and they're icy 4-5 months out of the year. No problems here.

>.2s quicker to 60mph
That's why all MotoGP bikes are manuals oh wait they're autoblippers nvm

Truth

Am I the only person who puts it in neutral and starts braking as soon as I see a stop sign?

>tfw manual SUV daily driver master race

Anyone knwo what causes a heavy clutch, my clutch is really hard to press down.

Can someone explain downshifting to accelerate for me? Why are you slowing down to go fast again?

>manualtragics

>what causes a heavy clutch
skipping leg day brah

Is there any reason not to kill yourself if you can't/don't drive manual? (Also like traps?)

>reddit spacing to the max.

nobody takes you seriously.

Okay but how about a real question: how much would it cost to convert n automatic to a manual (if at all possible)?

What a dumb question to ask

can't tell if bait or profound ignorance. It's often difficult to tell on 4chin

>Not much, you only need to install a clutch pedal and drill a hole in the top of the transmission for your stick shift.

>tfw quick reply eats the post number

Fuck it I'm not deleting another reply because I forgot to remove a meme arrow. I'm already saying too much with this ultra life hack that will save you thousands.

they just accept their pain because they cant get anything better.

Yeah a bit more wear on the clutch, w/e its way more safe to downshift while breaking
So its not a must its just a good driving habit

Can your autotragic skip gears?

>modern autos are faster
>modern autos are more fuel efficient

>they are STILL much heavier than a manual trans
>and they STILL lose power to a torque converter

After driving manual I can't say I will ever go back to automatic. It just gives me so much more control over the car. Automatic is like playing video games with a controller or fps cap. It's a handicap. My only gripe is that off the line it's slower because I don't like redlining my car at first at every stop light.

>my car isn't fast and it doesn't even sound good, there's no point
It's more fun no matter how fast your car, or how good it sounds.
Slow cars even have their own feeling of fun because you can floor it and drive to redline all while being within (if not nearly within) the speed limit.

Series 19 or 20.

>MANUALTRAGICS

it's "shamuals"

>doesn't redline after every single stop regardless of circumstance

Spotted someone who doesn't drive Honda

its entirely MUH FEEL but thats a perfectly valid reason in this case.