Would any of you ever get a van? If so, for what reasons...

Would any of you ever get a van? If so, for what reasons? I'm only asking because it is very rare to see people with vans.

B E D F O R D
R
A
S
C
A
L

Looks it is definitely not available in my country, especially how the steering wheel is placed on the right side.

Nah, too big. Wagon is sufficient. Just like a pickup truck is too big. Wagon with trailer is sufficient.

Drove an 8 pax Ford and a 15 pax Chevy for a year, they got pretty shit mileage but were useful as fuck. Take out all the seats and you have storage that's unparalled, and then when you wanna hit up downtown you can take literally all your friends in comfort. Only thing that sucks is you'll definitely give off the rapist vibee with it

Yeah, especially with the Chevy van. The Ford you mentioned looks just kind of weird whereas the Chevy definitely would give off the rapey vibe.

However, I would only get a van I were traveling by myself and I would probably set up a bed or something in the back.

Only reason I'd get a van is if I were to convert it to a camper or needed a better vehicle to take my bike to track days. But if I'm going that far then a LPG delivery van would make more sense.

*if

i would absolutely drive a kei van like an Acty. wouldn't go on the highway, but it'd be a comfy commuter.

Be like a baby boomer and convert it to a luxury conversion van.

But with an old American van, not with those fugly new euro Ford Transit looking vans.

No. I have to drive a Chevy like that for work sometimes. It's a bitch to see out of, Everytime I go to shoulder check I'm looking at a wall. I'd almost rather drive the 16' or 26' box truck. It is really comfy though and even the shitty 4.8 will take most shitboxes off the line.

They're a nightmare to work on which is also a factor.

Van for the van lyfe.

If I needed one, I would buy one.

I don't need one, therefore I do not have one.

What country are you in? Look for Piaggio Porter, its the same thing.

I like vans enough that I'd get two of them if I had the money.

Minivans and passenger vans are comfy as fuck, great for road trips and awesome at hauling people and their stuff.

Cargo vans are just great work vehicles and perfect for a lazy contractor since I can just leave all my tools in it, padlock the doors shut and arm an alarm and it's probably more secure in there than it is in a house or shed.

mauling dirt bikes, just about the only good reason for owning a van.

seriously considering this.

theyre about 7000 used, come with the older battery which means 50 bucks a month for a 80km range or so

An AWD Chevy Astro Van would be alright for a work van

easy now user they aren't a prey item.

T3

>rapist vibee
When will this normie meme fucking die?
Vans are cool as shit and the ultimate roadtrip vehicles, and basically a second home-on-wheels.

>Driving a buttery smooth '02 Econoline at 242k miles and still sturdy. Feels just one step below a comfy rv.

Fuck yes I would, even though I grew up riding and took my driving test in one, I would still own pic related, and build a sleeper also,
Are fucking sweet, especially after a Subaru swap

If you consider this a van then yes I drive one.
They are pretty good if you need to carry stuff on the weekdays and use it as a family car on weekends.

>tfw you will never own a Porsche swapped T3 van converted to pickup with a hatch

Technically this is a 'light van' because of the removable seats and flat floor. Chrysler were schiesty as fuck and did it to bring up the average MPG of their truck/van line.

>Wagon with trailer is sufficient.
let's see your shitty little autism wagon pull all THIS, faggot

I don't see how it brought them up, my PGT auto was horrible, couldn't get better than 23 highway

I'm beginning to think the average Veeky Forums user doesn't understand basic math

Fuck off, I was implying the GT was shit for mileage, which it was
It weighs only 3k lbs, has a low CoD, yet can't get better than 23 highway? come on now

>Chrysler were schiesty as fuck and did it to bring up the average MPG of their truck/van line.
>the average MPG of their truck/van line.
>average
>AVERAGE

I drive a Honda Element and about half of the people who i drive around call it a van.

It's a fucking SUV on an SUV chassis

sweet van user

thanks!! :-)

My 5-speed gets 31 highway. Also without PT, the average for the trucks was like 14 or 15. PT brings it up to like 17 so they could say their trucks and vans were better on gas tan Chebby or Ferd.

I have an old GMC 2500 that I got for $500 that I use for camping/roadtrips because it's got a comfy bed in the back and couch-like seats. Wouldn't daily it though.

What's your favourite method of corpse disposal?

Have a transit for work, want one of these though

Yes an vw transporter typ3 and change its engine with subaru one

To attract pious young white women. Nothing else I can think of.

A professional never shares his secrets.

I own a VW T5. Its actually quite nice.

really cool van

Rascal a cute

Let's see your monthly payments for all that garbage.

Perfect for murderbumming

I will probably get a suzuki carry aka rascal or some kind of caddy stealth van to live inside until I can afford a home twenty years from now

Dajiban, best van.

you again

>would u
nope, double cab trucks are more versatile.

post vans

Motorcycle + truck is a great combo, but if you don't live anywhere it snows, replacing the truck with a van could be cheaper and even more practical.

>Would any of you ever get a van?
I really want one, but I live in an apartment, and parking is an issue. I also have a motorcycle, and a bug out moto van sounds like fun.

I'm looking to get an extended wheelbase 2001-2007 Chevy 2500 with 8 lug. Haven't decided if cargo or passenger van is a better foundation. The 6 liter engine is known to be amazing. 4l80e transmission is nearly bulletproof.

You don't have to pimp it out. Just carry an inflatable matress, some containers for your stuff, maybe a dc freezer and a coleman cooler as well as camping stove. Make sure to have a couple folding chairs and a folding table, and you have everything you need to camp.

More than you can afford, pal.

The Ford Transit ones aren't the euro trash knockoffs it's the Dodge promasters that are

i miss my van, shit was so cash
but i never filled the tank up then entire time i owned it
>that fateful day i put $75 in it to get 3/4 of a tank
shit got amazing range tho, drove 400 miles on that one 3/4 tank
t. autotragic '91 chebby G20

my favorite of my 2 vans just got new tires, wheels, headlights and a wash. Shes got the big ole 5.8

Is that legal in any state that has a population density over 6 people per square mile?

Mercedes Vito 3.0 Diesel master-race checking in.

Chipped, H&R suspension and 19" AMG rims. Use it for transporting the product I sell around the country.

Pic related:

If the rapist/creepy person stigma wasn't associated with owning a work Van, then I would own one. They seem comfy inside, plus vans are cheaper than trucks under the 2k price range.

>Be like a baby boomer and convert it to a luxury conversion van.
They already sell those new.

>But with an old American van, not with those fugly new euro Ford Transit looking vans.
Oh, I see. You're retarded.

At my work we have a Savanna with the 6.0. Before all the employees beat the hell out of the poor thing it had a really good pickup

Id rather use a hearse.

Good taste.

My family's owned a '98 Econoline conversion van since almost new and that thing is fucking great for trips. Personally I think it bridges the gap in that it's tougher than your average minivan but not as rugged as an SUV. Either way space is unparalleled, and my only problem I've ever noticed is that the 5.4 Triton chugs oil like crazy. Although i did replace the window regulator last month and shit was fucking stupid

Hauling a race bike to the track is really the only reason I would

>dat box
>dat syncro
Can't stop cummin desu sempai

Especially if you got the one with the sliding driver side door. You don't even need to get out your seat to catch someone.

>basically a second home-on-wheels.
Not in my usa county (not country). My county got fed up with the homeless crime wave. So the laws were updated and if law enforcement finds someone camping without express permission (kids are allowed to camp in their own yard of course), then on the third offense, the vehicle will be towed to impound. That stopped most of the vehicle camping except a few places that felt liberal enough to defy the county. For example, one gas station (yeah, ha ha) had a spare space to side. The station told the country to shove it, and let homeless vehicles (not tents) park there. There is an apartment that is near a cliff and it owns the otherwise useless land close to the cliff and the base of the cliff. At the base of the cliff is a thin long triangle of unused land. They allow up to two homeless RVs to fit in there. Since the property owner told the county and city, the law enforcement leaves them alone.

But exceptions like that are pretty rare.

What homeless vans try to do is find a business that has similar vans of its own. They then park nearby and blend in with those vans. Or they find streetside parking in an apartment like neighborhood and park streetside.

I've seen lots of places with exterior electric outlets pay money to remove them. Otherwise homeless cars will park there late at night to charge their car batteries or run their appliances. Heck, they even go inside the public library, reserve a study room, and cook in there. Greasy vapors coat the walls. Almost all our library branches modified their study rooms to have a clear glass wall now to be able to monitor what goes on inside. No more cooking or prostitution with the glass wall.

What you are referring to is a service van. Otherwise, many people have moved on from minivans to get crossovers instead. A crossover is more stylish than a minivan and carries people comfortably. They also have less of a plebian feeling that minivans have.

Service vans like the one OP has stick out like a sore thumb. They are prohibited for outdoors parking in front of homes if they have any type of advertising on them unless that service van is there for a house call to repair something. Otherwise, they are subject to tow immediately but typically anyone that is not obnoxious will get a warning first before any tow occurs. Obnoxious people get towed right away without warning which is how it should be. There should always be incentive for civil decent behaviour, and uncivil neighbors should be treated with the same attitude they dish out onto others.

>They are prohibited for outdoors parking in front of homes if they have any type of advertising on them unless that service van is there for a house call to repair something.

Not true

jesus christ are you in the fucking bay area? van dwelling can be a pretty good way to save money and for people to live on their own suffice they're not cunts to everyone else.

There is enough parking land in the USA that this shouldn't be a issue, and people in vans shouldn't be cunts and use power from the grid specially without permission.

>They are prohibited for outdoors parking in front of homes

You mean like any other car is prohibited from parking on the street? There is no right to street parking, resident or otherwise. There is no such thing as the right to park.

>Only reason I'd get a van is if I were to convert it to a camper or needed
>Vans are cool as shit and the ultimate roadtrip vehicles,
All of his

>assmad yuropoor spouting ad hominems yet again

can't help but say i saw that coming. fuck you and your fugly looking soapbar vans.

I wouldn't get one because of the crime stigma unless my business needed one (which it doesn't).

Homeless use them. Anytime I see an unmarked service van, half the time there will be homeless in them. Used to be lots of vans and sleeper cars at walmart lots until walmart got sick of the car prowls.

Everyone here is sick of crime. It's at the point where if it doesn't have business logos on it, then it is a homeless van. Tow the fuck out of it.

It used to not be this way. But the bad homeless thieving cunts cannot be separated from the well-behaving homeless. So the only solution is to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Why does Australia not have access to cool vans?

And why do all stock van interiors look fucking garbage, its all just 12 different shades of grey, its disgusting.

Suzuki APV is pretty cool. Indo exclusive with the barest of interiors

My Grampa had a Yellow T3 Syncro, sold it last year because the maintance cost got too high, never got the chance to drive it.
So many memories in it...

van? probably not, unless it was a race van.
mini-van? yes. those things are great for road trips or doing shopping trips to costco.

Learned to drive in a '98 chevy 1500 conversion van. Fucking loved it. Vans are great. Main points were, decent mpg, 24 gallon tank, room for a fuckload of people, bed in back, flexsteel seats, reliable as fuck but easy to work on, and it was better in snow than my aunt's honda. We put 300k on that van before we traded it in for a suburban

Also had really nice big mirrors, easy to back up

>decent mpg
Nigga wut, those got like 12mpg city/15 highway

Lol it was roughly 18mpg. Supposedly the conversion company had swapped rear gear, made it a total dog though

If it was a dog and got 18mpg, that's a guarantee they changed the gear ratio, but LMAO they made it slow as shit for 3mpgs

Sure

are those collectible now?

Lol the 350 had enough balls to get it moving when you made it scream, but yeah acceleration was not the selling point

Kind of, a decent condition C150(?) will run almost 10k

are you shitting me? I know of a old body style ford transit euro version that is going for 1000 bucks, it almost looks like that gmc

Can culture was a thing here though, and ours were powered by small block V8s and diesel V8s, and when one of the full size is in well preserved stock condition, they'll be worth a decent penny

*Van culture

Is that when you murder bums or are you some sort of bum who is also a murderer?

I wouldn't mind being lured to a van

>are you some sort of bum who is also a murderer?
Bum murderers seem "common". They kill each other though and thus don't make the news. The police and politicians don't seem to care much because those people don't "matter" to society. Their only value is being grist for SJW activists to use in complaints that taxpayers should spend more money paying for apartment homes for the homeless.

Not that guy, but in my USA city, there isn't much budget spent on policing support for the homeless. On top of that, the news media doesn't bother reporting crimes between homeless and that includes homicides. I can say it because a longtime friend of mine is the manager of a funeral home. Clearly, when an area has lots of homeless, there are bound to be deaths and thus dead bodies lying around.

The city and county avoid favoritism by having contracts with lots of funeral homes for budget body pickup and cremation. Each body found goes to the next one on the list after a cursory inspection of the body is done by police forensics at the scene. The funeral home staff then picks up the body wherever it is found such as an alley, the doorway of a business, bushes, or a little tarp shelter by the side of the road. Some of the bodies have stab wounds, yet they don't go to the morgue for coroner analysis like a normal citizen's body would.

>I wouldn't mind being lured to a van
The bait can lure you to a van or SUV or any other vehicle with a claim of help, or need a jump. The bait and accomplice don't even own or have keys to that vehicle. The purpose is just to get you to walk over to a position (or face a certain direction) to be robbed.

>responding to this seriously

>The product I sell

you mean LSD?

>being poor