Just how low do my standards have to get if I'm trying to buy a car off of Craigslist for $5000?

Just how low do my standards have to get if I'm trying to buy a car off of Craigslist for $5000?

For the last three months I've been browsing CR every night trying to find a car I like that's worth buying, and I have not found a single competent listing. I swear to god, if i search for just a clean title alone the listings get cut in half, and if I add manual with no damage and less than 150K miles everything evaporates. My candidates are
>Miata
>Civic Si
>RSX
>G35
>350Z
>GTI
>Mustang GT
>MR2 Spyder (I've pretty much given up on seeing this ever)
I thought this would be a pretty big net to throw, but I guess not. I guess if I want a Mini Cooper S or a fucking PT Cruiser GT there's plenty in my area. I'm thinking of adding F-bodies or Cobalt SS to my list, but I'm really not too big on 2000s GM. Should I just accept the fact that I'm going to get some damaged piece if I'm in the market for $5000? I'm honestly considering checking out the stealerships at this point. Even though it'll be more expensive at least there'll be less likelyhood of a goddamn rebuilt title.

Other urls found in this thread:

tippecanoe.craigslist.org
tippecanoe.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-civic-si/6296872485.html
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-ford-mustang-gt-manual/6288958045.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cheap cars from stealerships are often shady as fuck. it may not have a rebuilt title, but could have just been fixed by Chachi in his garage cuz he had no insurance.

You should not be aiming to get a sporty car on the cheap. If it is that cheap, there will be a very good reason for it.

The miata is the exception to the above though. You should be able to find one owned by an old guy no problem....

As nice as the market is these days, $5k is low if you're looking for something that's not a total beater.

2005+ Mustang GT

learn to build credit; might help you be less poor too.

>go into debt on purpose
>pay interest
>might help u be less poor
is this satire

I've even been having a hard time finding Miatas. I've been limiting myself to NBs because NAs have been going up in price, and there hasn't been too many that aren't high mileage or clean titled. I guess there a guy selling a 2004 for 6800 right now, but that seems insanely priced for a Miata.

How high should I be going? I have my max price set to 7000 for some bartering wiggle room to get to 5000, but the cars aren't that great on the upper end of that price either.

I'm having a hard enough time finding SN95s as it is, I've about given up on anything newer.

If I make bad decisions like financing a car that's probably a good way to stay poor.

Post your local Craigslist

tippecanoe.craigslist.org

Are you blind?

tippecanoe.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-civic-si/6296872485.html

Sort of a same boat but less picky

I cant find a decent 4cyl ford ranger

>How high should I be going? I have my max price set to 7000 for some bartering wiggle room to get to 5000, but the cars aren't that great on the upper end of that price either.
Depends a lot on the local market. I was shopping about a year ago and I had to crank it to $10k-$15k before I started finding something worth considering, but I'm kind of a niche market guy.

OP you are comepletely retarded
Took me less than 1 minute

indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-ford-mustang-gt-manual/6288958045.html

Despite technically being in my area that town is actually an hour and a half from where I live.

>The miata is the exception to the above though. You should be able to find one owned by an old guy no problem....

this man speakers the truth

>car event in my town
>8 miatas roll in
>no one below age of 60

That's also pretty damn far from where I live. I don't have a car at the moment, so my only way of getting there is by asking a friend, and I doubt any of them would be happy if I spend hours of weekend time just to come back with nothing.

Tough cookies. If you live in the middle of fucking nowhere you need to drive to bigger towns. You shouldn't rule out Indianapolis

Where are your parents or family? Mine took me 3.5 hours to pick up my car.

I live in a college town so it's hardly the middle of nowhere. The problem is there's lots of postings which tempt me but all turn shit in the end. The other week I saw a Type S which looked clean enough, but turned out to be an engine swapped base RSX after I ran the VIN. I don't know whether this is actually worse than living in the middle of nowhere where you're forced to look in the city.

Far, far away from the uni I go to.

We'll all I'm telling you is your not gonna find a deal in your town so unless you want a slush box your gonna have to get out of your comfort zone

I wound up renting a car to drive about 100mi to get a car I thought I wanted. It takes time and money to shop used sometimes.

Don't regret it so far, but that was pretty much a one-shot try.

>LITERALLY a 3k Civic
Put a few simple mods on there OP