My mother has decided to buy a Smart Car. Any advice?

My mother has decided to buy a Smart Car. Any advice?

Convince her to get the fiat 500 abarth instead.

It certainly looks better. Any more pros?

Turns out she hates FIAT (we're Italian)

Tell her to wait until the electric smart comes out next year. It's gonna be more powerful and very much more nippy to drive around towns or wherever she's going.

Pic related is how it's going to look very much like.

Diesel?

It's fast and Can be taken to 200 with only a tune

I'm not letting my mom drive something out of I,Robot. You better be joking

If there's a million euros between the gas and the diesel version, no. Otherwise it would be preferable

or this Brabus Ultimate E Concept

>The ForTwo concept is equipped with an electric motor that develops an impressive 201 horsepower (150 kilowatts) and 258 pound-feet (350 Newton-meters) of torque. With so much power having to carry around just 2,392 pounds (1,085 kilograms), it’s no wonder the Ultimate E Concept is seriously quick and fast. 0-62 mph (0-100 kph) takes 4.5 seconds before reaching a top speed of 112 mph (180 kph). The maximum velocity might not seem very impressive, but let’s keep in mind we’re dealing with a tiny electric car.
>Installed in the vehicle’s floor is the lithium-ion battery pack with a 22-kWh capacity and enough juice for 100 miles (160 kilometers) in the New European Driving Cycle. If you’re in a hurry, using a wall box charger for half an hour will charge the battery to an 80 percent level.

-0-60: 4.5 sec
-100 miles range - sufficient in the city
-charge 0-80% less than 30 minutes

here is a nimble car

>-0-62 mph: 4.5 sec
fixd
or 0-60 mph: 4.3 sec

Just get a Twingo. The 3rd gen is the same car but looks like a smug lil cunt and has four seats instead of two.

get another mother

>e-car

>3 fucking exhaust pipes

...???

Exhaust for battery cooling airflow maybe?

to eject excess faggotry

>what is decoration

I thought the whole point of buying a Smart is that they're cheap.

What's the point in spending as much as a real car on it

100 miles NEDC range, so take some off of it. Still works for a city car.

Smarts in general are stupid expensive for what they are.

What's your idea for a cheap mostly city-only car that doesn't look atrocious and isn't meme electric?

One of the Aygo/C1/108 triplets, probably. Looks are subjective obviously, but I think the 108 looks nicer (on the outside at least) than the Smart ForTwo.
Hell, I prefer the looks of the current Twingo over the ForFour and they're the same car otherwise.

>looks matter
>the way it's powered matters
nice arbitraty criteria faggot

Take her out back and put her down.

T W I N G O
W
I
N
G
O

You're letting your mom drive a smart car so you're already as low as you can go here.

>>looks matter
I wouldn't go that far. I'd say "the car not looking like an upside-down dirty bidet" is the criterium here.

>>the way it's powered matters
I'm very skeptical of electric cars. I'm not going to consider them until they cost a fraction of normally fueled cars, otherwise I'm not bothering.

I came here looking for something to convince her not to get a Smart car, mate

>nedc
>trustworthy
lel
The nissan leafs 24 kwh pack barely gets 120km highway (130 kph). This turd will run out in 80 km. They should've made an electric face-ripping smart roadster instead

>Any advice?

get her a good life insurance policy and wait

It's the exact same car as the Twingo underneath, I wouldn't pay extra for the Smart badge though I don't know how good Renault dealers are where you live.

>If there's a million euros between the gas and the diesel version, no. Otherwise it would be preferable
It might come down to a diesel Tingo vs petrol Smart and I'd chose the Twingo.

just point out its small and she won't survive any collision, then watch as she goes out and buys a huge SUV that's twice as tall as her

This.

Why in the FUCK would you get a twoseater smart when you could get a SLIGHTLY bigger but more practical Twingo? It's probably even cheaper to buy