The strength of rotary engine, is not in the power it innately has...

The strength of rotary engine, is not in the power it innately has, but a balance you get from an ideal 50/50 weight distribution. I just love the consistent spirit of an rotary engine. its like a magic on the streets !

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=52331187
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a27360/mazda-planning-a-450hp-twin-turbo-rotary-for-2017-says-a-wild-rumor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

boost goes in, seals go out !

>boost
>not p-porting like you should be

>The strength of rotary engine, is not in the power it innately has, but a balance you get from an ideal 50/50 weight distribution.
Pic related achieves the same thing with 427 cubic inches of FREEDOM.

"Rotaries are crap"
- Godfoot

sad

Why? They fixed it!

Based Gun-Jesus, we are humbled by your presence.

Based Godfoot. Him and sweaty S2K man are easily my favorite opponents.

LS-swapers are the fucking worst.

ilu ian

Speaking of them, can somebody post that "stay hydrated god hand" pic?

I got ya

Get hydrated, god hand

Pic related also weighs 1000 lbs more. A lot easier to achieve 50 50 when you have that much more weight

The LS is a good engine but at the end of the day, it's heavier than the 13b. Sure, you can swap one in an fd and get 50 50,but that's front to back. The engine is still a lot farther forward, wider, and taller, and for less money, you could've stripped 200 lbs from your REW while putting out more power.

The 13b is just over one cubic foot. It's smaller than the bell housing on the transmission. It also weighs 150 pounds, compared to the all aluminum LS1 at 450. I've driven an LS swapped FD and it feels like ass. The front wants to turn wide. That's not the signature of the FD.

Put an LS in a Toyobaru instead. It's a much better chassis and you won't be ruining a classic car to do it.

Get hydrated, god hand

and thanks user!

Source for this pic:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=52331187

Looking at a LS swaper is much like looking at man who's smearing shit all over his face. Disgust, bewilderment and pity are natural emotions that arise as a result of beholding such a ghastly sight. All of a sudden sympathy arises and you just can't help but to wonder what went wrong in his life to make him do such a thing. Anger isn't a part of the equation.

Dumb weeb, lol

50/50 balance isn't ideal

Get hydrated, god hand

In my opinion, it's no less retarded than swapping a rotary into a Corvette.

No it isn't When you LS swap an RX7 you're replacing a weaker and less reliable engine with a more powerful and more reliable engine
When you RB swap a Corvette you're replacing a more powerful and more reliable engine with a weaker and less reliable engine

>RB

REW whatever. Still underpowered jap crap

When you LS swap the RX-7 ceases to be a RX-7. You could've just bought a corvette in the first place without mutilating a different car. Owning a weekend/project car is not always about power and reliability. Pretty much none of us are professional racers and we don't need to be the fastest on the track. It's about the quirks and uniqueness of the car. At least that's how I see it.

But the RX7 is lighter. And reliability is a nice thing to have on a track, blowing a seal is pretty fucking embarrassing

Whose defeat was more humiliating to you, Nobuhiko's or Okuyama's, and why?

What rotary car is the best to buy?

any of them with a LS swap

GET HYDRATED, GOD HAND

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself

Thoughts?
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a27360/mazda-planning-a-450hp-twin-turbo-rotary-for-2017-says-a-wild-rumor/

I fucking wish.

It'd be great, but I doubt it's happening this year.

>Never got a proper Takumi vs Bunta race
>None of the Akina Speedstars ever got better
>Itsuki learned how to kinda drift thanks to his almost GF, but never improved beyond that
>No interaction between Bunta, the gas station owner, and Godhand, Godfoot
>Never find out what happens to Takumi as a driver afterwards, is stuck driving 4wd shitbox
>No idea what happens to any of the past rivals except for keisuke, grill, and ryosuke
What a shit ending

we find that /ourguy/ and his cocaptain everyone forgot about get along a lil better.

Why is it so hard to find an RX-7 in decent condition at a remotely reasonable price?

the 3 R's of RX-7s

>Rust
>Retards
>Wrecks

Oh yeah, I forgot about back on the rocks and cool vibrations

Oh god it's hideous.

Meanwhile, his car was not even lightweight by Initial D standards, despite the tiny engine(2900 lbs I think). Realistically, somebody with that much money would have upgraded to the FD after it came out.

Is anyone still on this board?

Is Ryosuke autistic?

Just a little.

Get hydrated, God Hand.

Oh please, Ian would love an LS swap

HE IS WRONG
the real strength is the linear power delivery
it allows subtle changes in power output that effect the ultimate form of drift

LS fags are almost as stupid as stancefags.

>blowing a seal is pretty fucking embarassing
Then maintain your engine properly and don't add 6 gorillion lbs of boost to one that isn't rebuilt for it

I found one in canuckistan, you can do it too user! ...except mine is an SA, if you wanted FC good luck

same results as gluing a fat american to the bonnet and driving around like that

Stay hydrated, God hand

>wear item known for wwearing down fast won't wear down
>regular maintenance is tearing down an engine and replacing seals as often as you'r replace a timing belt

>literal Tokyo Drift tier
At least it's not a rotary

>wear item known for wwearing down fast won't wear down
this is low tier bait

Please tell me which car needs piston rings replaced every 100k kms?

>taking apart a 200lb engine that comes away in wafers and replacing some seals is hard

bigger problem is damage to rotor housing surface

>Veeky Forums loves rotaries
>redditors start crossposting
>suddenly Veeky Forums hates rotaries
really makes u think..........

>people complain rotaries are unreliable
>so they put an american engine in as a replacement
am i the only one who thinks this is stupid?

>I-it's okay because someone told me it's easy!
It easy easy, but it doesn't change the fact that you're still rebuilding an engine every 100k kms

I bet you haven't even owned a rotary, let alone worked on or tore down one

>rebuilding an engine every 100k kms
wanna post some facts to back that statement up?
protip: dont link to ls1-orgy.net or something

Apex seals in NA rotaries last like 100k miles, but apex seals in turbocharged rotaries don't last nearly as long as that

Protip: all FD RX-7s were sequentially turbocharged out of the factory. A lot of people replaced the unreliable sequential turbo system with a larger single turbo making more boost with further lowers the effective life span of rotaries

Also pre-mixing like it's a 2 stroke and micromanaging heating and cooling cycles while one of your feet get toasty during regular driving

>100k miles
yeah that sounds more accurate, doing a 12 hour rebuild on a high strung sports car every 160k kms sounds like a good trade off for the power to weight

>apex seal shits itself
>this apparently means the engine is totally fucked
who comes up with this shit? metal can be resurfaced and even if it cant new housings can be found for cheap as fuck

Get hydrated god hand

GET HYDRATED, GOD HAND

>None of the Akina Speedstars ever got better
Don't forget that half of the team disappeared after First Stage

yes
but they say so was einstien

Aquire H20 Deity arm !

Except I do own a '79 rx7 user-kun, why does this bother you so much?