People can hate ls swaps all they want but no other engine swap will give you this for cheap

People can hate ls swaps all they want but no other engine swap will give you this for cheap
>dead reliable
>good mpg
>huge knowledge base
>lots of power stock
>huge aftermarket
>small
>light
>v8 power

People always do ls swaps because it is extremely easy and cheap, not because its a meme. Real American power

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/this-is-how-much-power-the-ford-focus-rs-really-has-bef-1787705534
youtu.be/pJHQVFzz7NQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Real American power
>Fuel injected

Does anyone make a kit that includes the wiring harness K-member etc for a Ls1 conversion for a 2001 Ford Mustang?

Basically the kit should include everything I could possibly need so that the speedometer power steering alternator etc will work almost as if I just put the same engine in there

Someone LS Swapped an NSX and an RX7. That's like getting BLACKED

LS swaps arent cheap
theyre not all that reliable
not that light once you add the heavy ass transmission

>german fuel injection
u serious bro?

>LS swap
>cheap

yeah, if you want the pigfat LQ4 and you have a welder, steel and loads of time. The swap kits are fucking expensive and once you put the engine in, you need to upgrade the rest of the car to handle the extra power. an LS swap gets well north of $10k, not including the engine

should i ls swap my tiburon

the lq4 is good for drag and that's damn near it. it's just too big and heavy, but it's strong

lol get an ls4, that's one they made for fwd applications, i'd love to see one of those in a tiburon

>LS swaps arent cheap

Neither is trying to squeeze power out the anemic engine it's replacing. Once you grow up and get a car you'll realize that you can't just turn up the boost on a stock car, Power isn't free or cheap.

>theyre not all that reliable

Reliable enough for a plane. I don't see people swapping K20's into planes.

>not that light once you add the heavy ass transmission

Likely lighter than the dohc boat anchor it's replacing. Even iron blocks are lighter than most dohc's.

that bullshit is why i gave up on old german cars
impossible to maintain

can we just accepting modding for power isn't cheap in general. and no a 1000hp LS will not be reliable neither will any 1000hp motor save for a few crazy supercars

A 1000hp 6+ liter engine will be more reliable than a 3l engine with 1000hp. That's just physics.

Plenty of people daily 1000hp turbo ls's at low boost without any issues. People in those 1000hp Supras don't run full boost on the streets either.

It's 2017 and we have access to some pretty amazing performance parts. That's why these ZOMG 900HP!!!!@@!#! supercars don't impress me. A real enthusiast would build his own shit.

yes turbo ls especially iron block vortec motors are good and really strong, but you can't just go around saying good stuff about the ls on this board it's against the rules

>corvette engine
>cheap
no. the only cheap LS1's are the xbox huge truckmotors that weigh 500+ lbs fully dressed. anything out of a corvette that hasn't been abused is 5k+. meanwhile, you can a get VH45 or a 1UZ with less than 40k miles on it, fully dressed, with a warranty, for 1000$.

american shit isn't cheap anymore. hasn't been for a while.

Nope, the LS engine is unironically trash, every basic turbo 4 will make as much power as pretty much every N/A version aside from the ls7, and it'd be lighter too, same with most v6's

let's not forget the fact that the Ford Modular is better

> Once you grow up and get a car you'll realize that you can't just turn up the boost on a stock car
except you literally can you inbreed GM fangirl

jalopnik.com/this-is-how-much-power-the-ford-focus-rs-really-has-bef-1787705534

>360 whp with a tune
thats 400 crank easily

>Reliable enough for a plane. I don't see people swapping K20's into planes.
because Honda actually offers a honda powered jet aircraft to begin with

Most people are going turbo these days and actually want the iron block. A good set of heads sheds a lot of weight. Even at 500+lbs you have a cheapish-esque engine that's reliable and capable of stupid power.

Both the VH45 and 1UZ are heavier and physically bigger. Even people on Nissan forums are saying they're a bad idea to swap.

>are saying they're a bad idea to swap.
thats because the god motor, the vk, exist

a LS1 weighs about the same as a single turbo 2JZ when ready to drive lmao

LS is shit engine for how expensive it is fanboy

Okay? The LS is still capable of more power while having a smoother powerband. 2JZ's become dyno queens after 700hp because of the shitty turbo lag. Meanwhile a junkyard LS will make that all day NA or with a ebay turbo at 1 psi and still be driveable by your grandma.

This isn't Forza kid.

>more power
>still slower down the quarter

reminder there isn't a single LS engine running the quarter in 5's

>junkyard LS
>700 hp
>for cheap

GM fangirls are unironically this stupid

wrong

LS blows the fuck up at 700 without being completely rebuilt

2JZ makes 1000whp on stock internals

fastest 2JZ car is faster than the fastest LS

>Buy muscle car from boomer
>Ran when parked
>307 is shot
>contemplate doing an LS swap for reliability
>Machinist convinces me to rebuild a 350, saying it will be cheaper
>end up paying $3k for a bare bones 185 hp 350 rebuild.
>Piece together parts
>Unreliable as shit
>rough starts
>Carbs flood
>problem after problem after problem

End up spending more money that an LS swap would've cost me. And only have an unreliable 185 hp 350 paired with a powerglide.

That's a really pretty engine

Who the fuck rebuilds an engine going into a car like that for only 185 hp????

>rebuilds an engine
>just gets 185 hp

#justchevythings

this
shoulda got a Ford

>Somehow managed to make a newly built carb'd SBC unreliable
Maybe classics aren't for you user

or maybe chebby just a shit
Ford > all

Dude, you got blown the fuck out.

If he can't make a carb 350 work then he won't do any better with a carb Ferd variant

1000hp 2jz gets raped by a little old ford 4 popper making only 500hp
youtu.be/pJHQVFzz7NQ

Ford wins again

no an LS tho, sperg more

probably have to piece it together from a few different companies

Why was a machinist even involved?

What's the best sleeper car I can make with an ls swap?

Just saw the 500hp 4 cyl mustang. Can a fiesta go this fast?

RX7 is fine

NSX is haram. I wouldn't even know how that would work with a transverse layout

>transverse layout
LS4

>300hp
This is one of those "literally why" cases

NSX motors already make like 290bhp, and can easily and reliably make 450bhp with a supercharger. It'll probably be even cheaper