Tesla remotely extends range of vehicles for free in Florida to help owners escape Hurricane Irma... Until Sept 16

Tesla remotely extends range of vehicles for free in Florida to help owners escape Hurricane Irma... Until Sept 16

Other urls found in this thread:

theunderstatement.com/post/18030062041/its-a-brick-tesla-motors-devastating-design
m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLxt9Pvye-9x_AIcb1UtmF1Q&v=M9hVR5_9Jlk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lotus made some underrated Bond cars. Better than those fucking BMWs, that's for sure.

It's a lotus that can swim, what more can you want?

One without a Toyota engine...

Hold up, I have to stop you right there. The 750 from Tomorrow Never Dies was bad ass, dude was getting shot up in a parking garage and he drove it laying in the back seat with a handheld game controller essentially and got away.

so has anyone hacked a tesla to get the range upgrade for free?

why did the driver do this?

Had to tunnel flooded

WHAT

If you own the car who the fuck is Tesla to block you from part of the battery

If I owned a Tesla I'd sue their ass

>Tesla's come with on-disc DLC

>the company you bought and own a product from can remotely modify the features of the object you own
Yeah man that is super cool i really like this idea.

they could
-build all the cars with the same amount of batteries and limit the capacity with software
-build the cars with different types/amounts of batteries

they'll do what's cheapest

If you own the car who the fuck is Toyota to block you (with ECU encryption) from part of the Engine [performance]

im angery about that too dipshit

something similar happens with ice engines and power output

$3,000 upgrade for this, and it's not about anti bricking.
theunderstatement.com/post/18030062041/its-a-brick-tesla-motors-devastating-design

Tesla just turned off automatic emergency braking.

It was flawed and tesla took it off line to protect themselves and drivers. Once they fix it. The feature will be updated and released

It's how Elon is going to get rich.

Change Radio Station 20 Times Pack: $1.99
Access to top level air conditioning and heater fan for 1 month: $2.99
Windshield Wipers 1 hour Use: $2.99
Full access to throttle 1 time: $3.99
Access to 6th gear 1 month: $10.99
Open hood: $4.99
Use rear seats 1 hour: $1.99
Open sun roof: $0.99
Close sun roof $9.99

thanks muskshill

Email from Elon
Your to local, stop using my superchargers

WHY CUT THE WEBM BEFORE THE HELICUNT GETS BLOWN UP WHYYYY

I wonder if they'll sell the flooded cars cheap so someone can crack the software.

>nibba be torrenting telsa s and sheeeit

>step on the gas hard
>a little hologram of Elon Musk pops up on your dash telling you to slow down as the car automatically slows down for you

Already been cracked. It is just linux.
Tesla undoes it over the air

Wait, was tthat middle photo before he ran through that tunnel or after?

im sure its because if the battery gets to 0% it would get fucked up in two weeks

A lot of questions here

Bond should never drive a sedan.

>There are cars on the road that know what the internet is
>There are cars out there that have shitty "infotainment" that can affect crucial systems of the car
>There are cars out there that can receive software updates

Why the fuck are cars this connected to shit? Computers on cars are cool and can have great uses, but this is fucking motor vehicle DLC.

This. Lithium ion batteries are often kill if you fully flatten them.

Limo probably.

So what's your point? Fuck Toyota too?

That's fucking horseshit.

Elon Musk is the Todd Howard of automotives.

Tesla Creation Club when?

>BUT I NEED TO REV HIGHER
>Ok sir, but he warned this voids the warranty and can ruin your engine
>Annon then kills his Toyota engine

No just a collage.
Limo
Wa La

This is the only reasonable post. Same with that bullshit Apple keeps pulling. But the same people running these companies also rule the media and the minds of the ameritards. They just don't know any better

The wheels act like props.Thrust via wheel rotation.

Limo

Going...Green

That wasn't the question. I understand this car is a unibody made of glue and plastic, but how the fugg is that thing rigid?

They took this part out.

What the hell is that?

good to keep some capacity for balance charging
and at least per cell here are the voltages for lithium iron
3.2 dead
3.6 is storage charge
3.8 resting charge
4.2 max charge

the danger comes when the lithium crystals expands and comes into contact with oxogen
this happens either from deep discharge (anything below 3.2 volts)
or by dischageing the battery much more slowly than it was charged (the energy has to go somwhere)

the cells also have a maximum charge and discharge rate
charge rate being not much more than the mha
discarge rate can be high as 20x the charge rate

for lead acid
10 volts is dead
11 just enough to work starter motor
12 resting charge
14.4 alternate voltage/charging voltage

the worst this goes is a hydrogen explosion that sprays acid everywhere

the automotive industry is well past being user serviceable
and some service centres are falling behind while trying to keep up with the change in technology and supply train

Will I AM"s modded Tesla

Thanks...
MORE info PLEASE. How do you feel about Lithium Iron Phosphate

>this one and for all proves that Elon is a madman

m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLxt9Pvye-9x_AIcb1UtmF1Q&v=M9hVR5_9Jlk

No

>Better than those fucking BMWs, that's for sure.
Brosnan's 7-series was one of the best Bond cars of all time

You don't own your car. You license the right to use it. Sad but true.

Can you disable over the air connectivity on a Tesla and still drive it?

lithium polymer
lithium cobalt
lithium phosphate
they are improvements in energy density mostly
more fire and heat in general

all have the same kind of problem
useful for rapid charging but somewhat fragile and short lived

under normal charging from dead they are 80% full after 30 minutes
and the last bit of charge takes three hours

problem being that each time the cell drops below 80% charge
one charge cycle is lost and some of the older type only have 1000 cycles before they start loosing the ability to be recharged
also because of having to operate in such a narrow range of voltage Lithium battery's always need a charging circuit to keep an eye on them
so for what ever reason there is no standard size or voltage of Lithium cell
aside from rc cars having a common voltage probe connector and cell count
while also being separate from any battery management

lead acid is good for deep cycle marine and server applications
also has high durability and re usability and even when dead contains some value in the lead plates

for small battery I like nickel metal hydroxide
its less fussy than nickel cadmium that often would need to be fully discharged with a tungsten light bulb before being recharged

not that nickel cadmium is undesirable for things like alarm battery or low end UPS
its just a bit outdated

Brosnan Bonds were full of product placement, BMW paid huge sums of money to be in the movies.

They also forced Omega to be a luxury brand as a Bond watch instead of Rolex.

I keep reading stupid ass fake news articles about this on websites like Zerohedge.

All Tesla did was make it so you could use up the last 10% of a battery for driving use. This is bad for the battery and why from the factory it doesn't let you use all 100%......understandable as all fuck, even for me, who hates Tesla.

Are you sure its not converting the car from p50 to p70

You would at least have some grounds to do this, provided you actually hold the title. There was a lawsuit against John Deere filed by some farmers who were sick of being unable to fix their damn tractors themselves because doing so requires them to tell the on board computers that the tractor is fine, which only the dealership could do. John Deere lost.

I believe it was from 60 to 75. Both cars have the exact same battery, the former is just software limited. Cheaper for Tesla to make them this way, and cheaper for consumers to buy if they can't justify the cost of the larger battery up front. they have done away with that model however and now only offer the 75kw and 100kw battery pack for the S and X

That's different. Buyers signed contracts agreeing to the terms. In return for a smaller battery you get to pay less. Be no different than selling them an actual 60kw pack for the same lower price. I'm not trying to debate whether this was a financially smart move by Tesla but I don't see any legal precedent to justify what you're suggesting.

You will notice the badging on the instrument cluster will read 75An over air software change turns a P60 into a P75, this can be done if you pay Tesla $3,000

Thank you.

Nigga I ain't never had a warranty in my entire goddamn life and I'm not about to start now.

has anyone told him it looks like a civic