/dbt/ map: Meet, Fight, Fuck,
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

How to motorcycles:
→ (Cross-thread)

Post sexy bike videos here:
Previous disaster:

>happy Silverwing is happy
>happy Silverwing starts making a little noise
>noise becomes the roar of an infernal machine eating the souls of happy little machines
>pic related

Press F to pay respects.

post webms

The bike is ruined. Now sell me parts bb.

is this the water pump?

Final drive assembly

No rear axle

>LOL CHAIN IS SHIT LMAO, EVERYBODY SHOULD USE SHAFT DRIVE!

>muh shaft drive reliability

new rider here, just got my first set of new tires, pilot powers. Oh my fucking god it's like a completely new bike. I'm in love.

10/10 about to suck the Michelin mans dick

Shaft drive is maximum comfy.

This really is fucking karma. I never get into this nonsense, but the other day I did a '>current year >not using superior blah blah' post. And this happens...

I've got them on my fz. Excellent tire, I'll probably get them again

good tyre, my pp3's always lasted around 10,000km

>start baby's first adult job
>can probably afford a bike now
>it's probably going to get cold as shit in a month
life is suffering ;_;

Literally best time to buy a bike, well almost. Best time to buy a bike is tax season

>tfw no hannigan

i think i'm gonna (try to) save my shekels over the winter and fuck up some commas come April

February or March is better but you can get some guys in desperate need in April but it's more of a gamble

that's good to know, it'll all depend on what my local market looks like come Feb-April.

my cousin got an not too old sportster for $2500 that was sitting in some guys garage, has under 10,000 miles on it.

he said the guy wanted 3k or 3500 idr, but he told him he has 2500 on him and to give him a call if he changes his mind and 15min later he calls him back for the 2500.

not the dude you were typing to btw

Who under 500cc here?

>2 strokes are allowed

oh lordie. .
I don't know if I'd do jumps on my $17,000AUD beautiful africa twin which weighs 240kgs. But good for you for enjoying it thoroughly

>tfw rode 1000 miles and had no traffic

I have 4 bikes under 500.

sure why not?

250 Thug Life!

it honestly jumps nicer than my xr
besides whats the point of a fancy adv bike if you wont go have fun with it?

One of my coworkers got two Honda Goldwings for $100.
Both of them are in great working condition, his brother-in-law just never had time to ride.

I'm so fucking jealous.

I just bought a 496cc bike

You can get stupid deals sometimes when folks just decide "fuck it, I'm done". A few weeks ago there was a guy here selling a running but rough CX500, a parts CX500, 3 full CX500 engines and two shipping pallets covered in parts for $750.

TWO HONDA GOLDWINGS FOR $100
$50 FOR EACH BIKE

Fuck man, I like the guy but I'm mad jelly.
I hope I can run into one of those great deals sometime, otherwise guess I'll keep riding my FZ6

I've just got the lower touratech bars and some barkbusters guards. I'm probably gonna get the uppe touratech guards and a more serious bash plate and some tyres before I go off road.
I love the red and white paint. Really don't want to fuck it.

>Mfw have an fz6 and just bought a cx500

MOTHERFUCKER

FWIW Goldwings seem to go for pretty cheap for how much bike they are; granted most of those are pre-00's bikes with >30k miles on them, but if I was going for one I don't think that would deter me so much since Goldwing owners seem like they would keep up with service. This is a completely baseless inference though.

nice jump

How do I know if my motorcycle is 50 or 49 state compliant?

danke

Is the SCR950 a good baiku or should I look at something else?
Sounds like what I'd be good for, I don't plan on hitting any super tough dirt roads, I just love the way it looks.

>that feel when local selling season sucks ass
>every shitbike is a literal shitbike, broke as shit, missing titles, "tlc" when it needs a complete overhaul that would cost more than the actual bike...
Not going to lie... My hope has diminished this year after selling my SV.. And is almost completely gone after the last 2 months..

Greetings, fellow >500cc bike bros! I'm near black out drunk, hope you guys are doing well.

how do the fork seals feel about that kind of punishment?

Check out reviews online. FortNine and Revzillas give a pretty comprehensive picture IMO. It's basically a re-styled Bolt, so if you want something easy to ride with more neutral ergonomics it's not the worst thing. Really only a "scrambler" in style more than anything though, which if that's what you're looking for then go for it.

At the very least, it's something for those who like V-twins but don't want a cruiser.

The XSR900 is a better bet if you want something retro with actual performance. It just has a shitty plastic 'clam shell' fuel tank.

they dont seem to care, i blew one in april but that was road debris getting into it.
i still had a couple inches of travel left on those landings too

ACQUIRED

today

I see
I was hoping that my next bike would be a cruiser, but after seeing the SCR950 I really kind of want it just for the style. I've read the reviews and they all say its not really for aggressively riding backroads and stuff.
Like I said, mostly the style that I like.

Of course this one is a bit more expensive, I'm sure I could find a bench seat for it, I don't like the way the ass end looks.

Emissions sticker will state which it is.

Where would I usually find the emissions sticker?

Bus
Rider

I mean it's main purpose is to have the scrambler styling. I can't deny I like the style as well, I just personally don't want my next bike to be another V-twin. If you like it, the Bolt seems like a pretty solid bike so I can't see anything to be lost by getting an SCR. Always worth it to test ride if you can though.

>SCR950
52 hp, 550 lbs.

1/3 the HP and 70lbs heavier than my adv pig. Yamaha made a bigger poser bike the HD if you can imagine that.

Isn't the Bolt pretty drastically underpowered even for cruiser torque?

>I was hoping that my next bike would be a cruiser,
please don't.

I know what you want and a full on cruiser is not the way to go in the long run. A CB1100 or a Ducati Scrambler or a Motoguzzi V7 is an INFINITELY better bike that you would enjoy alot longer.

wish I could even afforfd one of these bikes. Looks like a cheaper scrambler. When the new company bought out the local honda shop I checked out the shop and instantly wanted one.

Proper bars on that.

What bike, they put them all over the place. AKA look for the fucking thing.

I just like the way it looks is all, I don't mind if I look like a poser or something. I just enjoy the style and riding.

I was thinking this or a Honda Rebel honestly. Most likely though I'll get some kinda scrambler.

My man, I can't afford it yet, that's why I gotta save up!

Probably, but then my Shadow probably is too. It's been a while since I watched the reviews on the SCR, and admittedly haven't really looked into the Bolt at all. Chances are the SCR just is a bit more fun in the handling department.

I'm not some die-hard cruiser faggot but I'm starting to be of the impression that any cruiser under a liter isn't worth having as more than a starter bike, and I thoroughly enjoy my shadow.

You have no idea Keenaner the bus ride up to PHX to buy it was terrible. There were 3 fat nog women who all found out they love rap and started freestyling together the entire ride. They were all talking about how their baby daddys got arrested in Oakland for carrying hi-cap 9's and getting caught doing it and shit like that. They kept talking about how they steal money from people and shit.

I was literally next to one of them and had the misfortune of forgetting my earbuds. me there with several thousand dollars cash in my backpack and my cc gun.

At one point they decided I was rich because I didn't care that I spent 2.25 on a soda in the station. My asshole has never puckered so tight.

Its on par with triumphs bikes
And ducati
It isnt meant to be fast. Its meant to be retro

The stock bars are too low for tall dudes, had to have those ricky carmichael hi-bends!

>Honda Rebel
don't get a cruiser, you will regret it.
BMW makes some very nice cruiser-ish retro's full of passion, character and all that stuff.
Honda makes the CB1100 which is just amazing if performance isn't a concern.
The moto guzzi V7 and grisso are amazing if reliability isn't a concern.
Trust me, I'm coming from a place of experience, don't get a cruiser.

If you think you want a cruiser, either go cheap with the used rebel idea of start with a more standard-style bike. In that regard, the SCR wouldn't be bad, because then you can decide if you ride more relaxed and want to sit that way, or if you actually enjoy sportier, more spirited riding and maneuvering and actually find yourself wanting something with more performance. Cruisers are nice, but most are very niche in their applications, plus most of /dbt/ will call you a faggot cuck.

Who keenaner

> Its meant to be retro

Heavy, slow and ill handling, got it.

The CB1100 looks fantastic and is on my wishlist. I love the way it looks, I hope it rides as well as it looks though.
At that price tag however, I'm not so much keen on.
I'll have to test ride the SCR950 sometime and make up my mind that way.

I was planning on just going with used Rebel, I like the 2017 model but the older ones are nice, and I don't mind if its only 247cc. I have my FZ6 for outtatown trips and I could just use the Rebel for puttering around town.

>most of /dbt/ will call you a faggot cuck

Oh no what a shame!

>MSF basic in three days
>Go to the local dealership to buy gloves and poke around at the new bikes
>Wife ends up doubled over on the showroom floor laughing at the idea of me riding a full-sized motorcycle
>Said it would be "the reverse of a clown riding a tiny tricycle"
Manlet life is rough and holy fuck are Africa Twins massive. The GROM seems like a good fit for me, at least.

That was the 70s and most the 80s my friend.
People will pay to have that feel back.
Max torque at 3000rpm is nice sounding however.

I like the Pastrana/ATV bars, I too have the tall person curse.

He's the only one that gave a shit I rode a bus lol. I mean I don't even normally ride a bus but I get shit on the one time I do because I sold the bikes. Not like I'm gonna be doing that anymore now that I'm re-biked.

>I'll have to test ride the SCR950 sometime and make up my mind that way.
Nothing wrong wiht test riding a bike. Test ride as many as you can. They might try discourage you, but nothing stops you from walking away. It's very unlikely they have the best deal on that particular bike in your town.
Test ride alot of bikes. But I advise against a crusier. There is just so much better options now.

Do not get a grom. Get a rebel or cb at least

Not a full on cruiser, some kinda hybrid would be nice. I don't want a pigfat cruiser. Something lithe and nice, good to look at.

>Oh no what a shame!
That's the mentality I keep; nothing wrong with liking what you like. And shit, I didn't realize you had an FZ6 already.

I mean, what are you thinking about the SCR/cruiser for specifically, outside of looks? Are you looking for something for longer-distance rides, or just something comfy to take out when you don't feel like pushing yourself, or are you just looking for a toy in the most general sense of the word?

Why own bikes if youre gonna ride a bus

Nigga how do you buy a bike in a different city if you ride a bike there

Get a 600 supersport, and tell your bitch wife she can't ride on it.

Honestly, probably just a toy. Something fun to ride and a way to change up the pace I suppose.

>That was the 70s and most the 80s my friend

Apparently Yamaha is still doing it.

The newer supersports are literally made for manlets, being race replicas and all.

I can't ride a modern one without sitting all the way back in the seat all the time and even then my knees bang against the fairing. I'm 5'11" with a 34" inseam.

Most brands are moron.
Try and keep up here.
They make money of nostalgia

>He can't ride 2 bikes

Also that doesn't explain your California trip does it?

But half my Cali trip was hunting dealerships for a new bike, so I bussed there just in case I bought one.

The CB300f looks nice, but jesus christ does the 2017 rebel look like shit in a can

I still can't get over how fucking big the Africa Twin is.

I'm going to get a basic bitch standard 300 or 500 (whichever I can get a better deal on), and then not let her ride it. I figured once you're on it and up on the footpegs it's more normal.

nice shower curtain

People buy that shit and I'm the moron.

KEK

FZ-07. I'm away from my bike for two days so I can't look all over it right away.

>I still can't get over how fucking big the Africa Twin is.
what are you, a manlet?

I'm thinking of getting an Indian Bolt Bobber coming from a sport naked bike, so I understand where you're coming from I think. However at this point I don't think I'd be happy on a smaller metric cruiser. They just lack torque, comfort, and weight, which are things I'm after. The Bobber looks awesome too I think.

Don't pay too much attention to the guys on here telling you to avoid cruisers like the plague. They are likely short distance commuters or weekend warriors who think lightweight and fast cornering are the only reasons to ride a motorcycle.

ur mom can't get over how big my fucking dick is lmaooooo

Your wife sounds like a bitch. Either she's a bitch or you're a literal cuck, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. No way is it acceptable to embarrass your partner in public like that.

>Indian Bolt Bobber
Meant Indian Scout Bobber, fucking tired.

Yes.

We weren't baby boomers, so nobody in the dealership was even aware of our existence.
It's really damn easy to make her laugh, and she was intimidated by the size of most of the motorcycles there.
She doesn't into public behavior too well, either

It's huge even for non manlets. Dirtbikes are fucking tall. You sit on one and wonder how the fuck you did it.