High engine rpms are bad because it wears out your motor, but is there such thing as too low of an engine rpm...

high engine rpms are bad because it wears out your motor, but is there such thing as too low of an engine rpm? or is it okay to drive at 500 rpm

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lug#Transportation
youtube.com/watch?v=iSI7Uau3dd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>high engine rpms are bad because it wears out your motor

spoken like a true sissy boy

Yes, I own a p.o.s Miata and my commute to work has a lot of 25 zones, I keep it at about 1300 rpm in 5th gear. All that shifting wears out the trans as well as shift linkage. Also, you can rev a healthy engine without blowing it up most of the time.

only plebs ever let their engine get under 7k rpm, get out normie

If the RPM gets too low the engine will bog and oil pressure will be too low to properly lubricate the system for extended driving. I would never let it go below idle and usually try to keep it above 1500.

There's not such thing as low engine rpms wear out the engine, stop being a deluded fuck. As long as the engine doesn't overheat there's no wear.

if i installed a limiter to stay below 700 rpm do you think this will save gas?
plz respond

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lug#Transportation

* Lugging, when an internal combustion engine is run at overly low RPMs for the load being applied to it, potentially damaging the engine in the process

No, the engine will be at lower revs but it'll have to dump more fuel per detonation to generate the same power and it'll probably have to rich out the F/A ratio as a result in order to keep temperatures down. The optimal MPG will depend on speed, gear, and every other factor with your car and is impossible to calculate without extensive knowledge about your car.

agreed

i redline my mk5 rabbit everytime i drive it

i shift first and second at 5500

i row through gears when downshifting

how much of a fgt am i

any chance you could paste the content of that article here?
i'm boycotting wikipedia ever since the snowden leak

Horses for courses. These normally sit

dubs to trips can't lie

id like to be somewhere around 650 rpm
is that safe?

lugging is bad

That sentence was all it had, it was a disambiguation page with lug nuts and linux user groups and stuff.

What did Wikipedia have to do with the Snowman?

styling is horrible

The bigger the cylinders, the lower the rpm

>comparing a piston the size of your fist to one the size of your car

Snowden is a hero fuck you faggot

Think I could swap the engine from one of these in to my old rx-7? stock engine just doesn't have enough torque

This will actually hurt your clutch more than you think. Your gas mileage will actually go up as well.

High throttle openings cause too big of a boom for the piston speed and cause more mechanical stress on the engine. At some point, load-dependent, just the idle airflow is too much, and you're using the explosions to try and force the engine to move but there is just too much damn resistance. Too big of a boom and you blow something. Normally, you just stall.
Richer mixtures kill your lubrication
Low oil pressure and coolant flow depending on the design of the pumps and shit.

RIP in peace to your engine mounts and enjoy your lugging

Lug an engine and then add boost. Tell us what happens.

Theoretically yes but you'll have people screaming at you for messing with a JDM classic. Also it might be a little big so it might be a tight fit.

>he mapped his turbo to build boost at low RPMs
whatever happens, it's well deserved

>tfw mazdaspeed is mapped like this from factory

>not having full boost at idle

Do you even anti lag?

youtube.com/watch?v=iSI7Uau3dd0

>going up a slope with 3 of my fat fuck workmates
>don't rev it enough
>RATAKATAKATAKATAKA

Never lugged my car so hard, it felt like the entire thing was rocking.

I checked with a mechanic afterwards and he said everything was fine, but I should never let that happen again or else my engine is toast.

>at 500 rpm
a tractor maybe
anything else is barely operating at that point
going to stress your clutch and main bearings

lucky dubs and trips
bounce that tach of the red bitchesssss

>what is oil pump
>what is minor knock due to having too throttle at very low RPM

refer to

>high engine rpms are bad because it wears out your motor
Any kind of power wears out the engine.

High torque applications wears it too.

Anything that generates friction does it, that's why you dont see race engines lasting long regardless of having a 5k RPM or 13k.

>but is there such thing as too low of an engine rpm? or is it okay to drive at 500 rpm
As long as the ignition and timing system allows for good air flow and the oil and water pump keep the thing well oiled and cooled and you dont go hard on the throttle it should be ok.

Manufacturers have a hard time regulating the idle RPM because its mostly a thing about valve timing and peak torque and the such.

Too much high power in the high RPM means less power in the low RPM.