Do people buy Miatas as a compromise between nicer more expensive sports cars and cheaper older used rustier sports...

Do people buy Miatas as a compromise between nicer more expensive sports cars and cheaper older used rustier sports cars?

Seems like there was no $20K sports cars for a while. Or do sports car people actually enjoy convertibles?

Miata was designed as compromise to fd, or NA atleast

>do people enjoy things?
Yes in fact

I like both for different reasons.

I'd love to have a convertible I can take for semi spirited rides and nothing really compares to top down cruising for leisurely rides

At the same time I'd kill to send a boosted Infiniti M30 sideways around a track

Of course I could always compromise and throw an LS and a fastback top on a miata and see my doctor twice a week for my never ending erection

Wrong.
Convertibles are fucking awful. I hate people like you. And yes I do live in a place with great year round weather
Convertibles are shit
Fuck you

>stop liking what I don't like

So this is what pure autism looks like...

convertibles only suck if you're in the back, then you get all the wind in your face
They're nice if you're in the front seat
t. guy who's mom owns an audi a5

Autism detected

>in the back
>buying a four seater

Actually wait no let's bring back the four door convertible land barges, that shit is baller

the reason why i bought a miata is because its a cheap RWD car thats easily to be modified
convertible is really a plus though

litteraly what else could you buy with those requirements

This.

I would prefer a hard top tho

>miata 2.5k
>LS swap 5-10k
>fastback top 5k minimum
>paint job 2-3k

End my suffering, I want one so bad

It's cheap
It's relatively practical (easy to park, not huge, fuel efficient)
It has a huge aftermarket for mods and go-faster parts.

Miata is for people that have realized real speed comes from skill and having a light car with 120ish lb torque is well enough to go fast.
This is assuming you have mountain roads where horse power isnt as big of a factor and usually is more of a disadvantage.
If you are some mid west faggot who only likes straight line bullshit stay away from the miata, its not for you.

fagot pussy bitch

An MX-5 is like an old MG but reliable enough to be used every day. It isn't a compromise. There's more to driving than just speed. It might sound like sour grapes, but I actually prefer driving slower, lighter cars. The Smart Roadster is one of my favourite cars that i've driven because of this. Thing has a 600cc engine but it feels like an F1 car.

A lot of "sports car people" enjoy all the sounds as part of the experience, and you certainly get more of them in a convertible. But I would've bought my Miata even if it hadn't been a convertible - the controls just felt right, tons of feedback, no slop, and it's a joy to toss into corners.

It turns out I enjoy having a convertible, except when it's hot and sunny. Our winters are mild enough for the heater to cope with if I roll up the windows and wear a hat, and it's the best thing ever on a summer night. You get a different engine noise than if you're in a closed car, and better yet you get to hear the clangs in the transmission when you shift. It's a direct linkage so they're pretty interesting noises.

Actualy, a miata is for everyone.
With a budget of 25k you can make it into anything you want. ls swap? sure get youre 400 hp and drag race it. Drifter? get a flyin miata turbo kit, new dif and coilovers and you got yourself one of the best drift cars.

Its the most interesting car that you can get for shitbox money.

Its comically small, convertible, pop ups, the most subtle curves.

I can't count you the times people stared at my car from their boring ass shitboxes that they bought for muh practicallity and muh economy.