Amerifag here, just...

Amerifag here, just.got pulled over for following a cop in the fast lane while he was "patrolling" at 85 mph with lights and sirens off. Should I just hire a lawyer?

>california
why do you even have a car

Yeah, or the less expensive route could be to just keep getting extensions on it until they won't allow it, usually they won't appear after a certain amount of time unless its the CHP.

Idiot

>fast lane
>speeding
>ticket

you deserved it, commie.

>11
Yea I did this with my last ticket and I got let off, cop was kind of a dick about it and said he was going to show up if I fight it.

You sound hot

Did you get a ticket?

Yes

Wanna meet?

Following a cop is probably a pretty good way to get a gun pulled on you

Why? He merged in front of me from the express lane without signaling like a cock and I followed him for 5 mins because I was on my way to work.

get a dashcam

This, OP you had a chance to fuck him over royally in court

>break the law because you saw someone else breaking the law
>b but it wasn't my fault guys!

In most places police are exempt from speed limits at all times. Things such as not using signals may be permitting if they're doing something where it would be reasonable

Meh, I was doing 5 over. Only reason I kept catching up to him was because people would shit their pants when they realized there was a cop behind them and hit the breaks and mover over to the right lane.

>Capital of car culture pretty much
>Some of the best driving roads
>Why do you have a car

So how many extra chromosomes have you picked up? I mean commiefornia is a shit sure, but the one thing it has going for it is it's a hub of good car shit even with the emissions laws.

>at 85 mph
>was doing 5 over

the speed limit is 80 there?

You were speeding, so you won't win. Just go and beg not to get points, they usually agree to that.

lol you made this thread last night and said it was hypothetical

they wouldn't throw out OP's ticket just because the cop was speeding - those are two separate issues

>would shit their pants when they realized there was a cop behind them and hit the breaks and mover over to the right lane.

And he didn't write any of them a speeding ticket.

What did we learn today, faggot?

Wrong.
And anyone who would try to allow police to speed would be openly admitting that speed limits aren't about safety.

Should ambulances be allowed to speed?

No, why the fuck would we allow ambulances to speed?
You're being a fucking idiot.

Emergency situations are different, and literally anyone can speed in an emergency situation.
But the vast majority of driving ambulances do is non emergency. If there is a medical emergency, they will use flight for life.

Should firetrucks be allowed speed?

No.
If there is a speed limit, it's to be followed by everyone at the same restrictions.
Why would we let ever increasingly dangerous cars speed because you think their drivers are heros.

If you want to let police, fire, and medical services speed why not delivery services? Chad in his 93 dx with a stack of XL pepperonis can probably kill it on the togue compared to Bill in his 5 ton fire truck.

Should we let cheetahs speed?

Well, we all know your brain isn't going to be speeding anytime soon.

Cheetahs aren't allowed on public roads. There is no speed limit on the Savannah.

fuk u fagits i go as fast as i want

Ur mum is going to be be speeding on my dik if u kno what I mean

You should go down to your local fire department or hospital and bring it up with the drivers, they might have more info.

>capital of liberalism
>some of the absolute worst fucking traffic
>why don't you ride a fixie
betamale alert

They would agree that they aren't, and shouldn't be allowed to speed.
An Ambulance can speed in an emergency situation.
Just like Joe Blow in his ferd f350 power stroke can speed in an emergency.
Or Elijah Steinberg in his base model carrera.

>Elijah Steinberg in his base model carrera
kekekekekekek

Uh, no.

www.thestar.com/amp/autos/2015/09/12/speed-limits-dont-applyto-police-officers-car.html

Speed limits are for normal traffic to follow while still being required to yield to all vehicles exceeding the speed limit for this reason. Compulsion or Duress would perfectly valid defended for speeding in emergencies of your own.

Holy shit you're fucking retarded

see
literally any of my other posts.

Speed limits apply to police just like they apply to everyone else. That's what I've said, and what I've said the entire time you fucking retard.

"I learned everything i know about cali from Veeky Forums" the post