Why bother buying a 300ZX when a 350Z costs the same at the same condition nowadays?

Why bother buying a 300ZX when a 350Z costs the same at the same condition nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/z-touring/6295402172.html
raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/nissan-300zx-z32/6303337502.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why indeed

well theres the turbo.
and why not get a VR4 instead?

>why not get a VR4 instead?

Probably something to do with the 350Z being too fat and bloated.

Do you even know what "common problems" VR4's have? They're much easier to work on than a 300zx

VR4>350z any day
shit i would drive a starion over a 350z

Just as expected from clueless shitposter

300ZX
>Twin Turbo model that can push 500+ HP on stock internals
>designed by a man that knows how car design works
>headlight design so fucking cool even the Lamborghini Diablo used them

350Z
>Burns oil like a motherfucker
>designed by a woman who likes fancy soap bars
>every fuckboy owns a 350Z

Golly gee OP, I wonder why?

You're gonna need a lot of money to push 500 hp lol

I'm just saying it's capable of 500+. You could easily do 400 with all the breather mods and some rebuilt turbos.

you must be a dumb nigger
the VQ35 can also go 500hp

youre just like 2jz fanboys "b-but you can go 800hp on stock internals"

why not get an S30?

As if the 300ZX isn't pigfat?

because the 350 z looks like a puffy angry fish

because the zx looks like sexy while the z looks fat short pig

thats a 370z with some fag headlights. nothing saves the 370z from how ugly it is

Is the vr4 the next hot maymay or something

Because 350z's are overpriced pieces of shit.

didnt you mean it the other way around

like why buy a shitty newshit 350z when a solid TT can be had for the upper 5 figure range

>4-6k max for a good one
>overpriced
Nigger what?

I really like both and currently already own a 350z.
Buying a second one would be dumb and pointless.

The z32 is infinitely cooler. And more tuneable in stock form (turbo only of course)

In my area
raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/z-touring/6295402172.html
>or
raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/nissan-300zx-z32/6303337502.html

I'll take the 300zx everytime. Around here people really take care of them. And good luck finding a z from the last 10 years for under 8k

Why do people make their mod list so fucking long on their craigslist ads?
Like yeah it's important but maybe don't show EVERY FUCKING THING.

I like it. It shows me that they really cared for the car enough to keep track of every single thing they did, versus some teenager who just slapped stuff on when they felt like it, or someone who just drove it until they couldn't fix it then decided to sell it for more money than it's really worth.

Holy shit are you retarded why would you know want to know everything about the car before you buy it.

Z32
>proven performance (raced in IMSA and succeeded)
>legacy of the Z name
>turbo

Z33
>pigfat
>disgusting
>no redeeming features other than being new
>Ghosn
>failed at every race ever

It probably is, but the 350z is visibly more bloated.

Having driven my (NA) z32 and my friends' 350s, I prefer the styling and driving feel of the 300zx. Also consider there were less z32s imported to US than z33s, so higher potential resale value. Also,
>T-tops

Apart from that, when buying used, you're less likely to be buying from a fuckhead teenager if you're looking for a z32 versus a z33. It's marginally cheaper to make significant modifications to the z33 rather than the z32 at this point.

Tl;Dr People have preferences.

350Z is much uglier than 300ZX.

And 300ZX is gonna raise in value any time soon when 350Z/370Z just plummets.

tell me how basic mods to the VQ35 can take it to 500+? And no a bolt on turbo kit does not count.

The 300ZX was cool enough to show up in Good Burger.

Not everyone gets that kind of credibility.
Also literally looked way better on the inside than the same era corvettes.

buddy just because you want the VR4 to still be a viable car doesn't mean it's so..

the 300ZX is better looking

No lol
>nismo injectors
800 bucks
>jwt sport 530
2000 bucks
>exhaust
800-1000 bucks
>k&n
80 bucks
>nistune

Barely 5k

370z > all those

those old nissans are literally rust buckets

starions are all class, impossible to find though

You must be talking E85 because you forgot to add up all the breather mods you'd need to get there on 91 octane.

Mine makes just under 400chp on stock turbos, stock injectors, 1 bar of boost on 98 octane. The only breather mods are a cat back, and pod filters. Adding higher flowing turbos and manifolds+downpipes would easily net nearly 500 crank hp

Although mine also has a full emissions system delete, and a map conversion. That probably helps a bit

oh damn that hatch is sexy

300zx TT has the benefit of being turbocharged from the factory, so "easy" gains there.

But the truth is it's not easy, because it's an old ass engine with new for the time turbo technology. People will tell you that you can make 400whp with "just a tune brah" but anyone with a brain would know that there's a lot of hidden strings attached to that statement.

With a 350z (2006+ model), you're making 300whp all day long with bolt ons and tune in a car that weighs 3300lbs and has an lsd. That's lighter than an e46 m3.

300ZX might be the ugliest car nissan ever made and that includes the Versa

>$1000 exhaust
fuck I'm poor

Are the 370Z's headlights shopped or something? How did he get them to look like that?

theyre aftermarket

did you include the juke?

starion is a sharp car that aged well