Obrut, the Japanese cyclop warrior edition

Obrut, the Japanese cyclop warrior edition.

>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Yamaha

reposting in new thread for feedback

Would you park beside the random bike (blue) in a parking lot to save space?

no why would I care about saving space

because the parking lot was super full.

it was also at a popular bike cafe, probably 30-40 bikes parked outside; most of them sharing spots

As long as the other guy can get out without issue

again, why would I care about saving space

this desu
dont be a dick and you're good

because it's the decent thing to do

POST MOTOSAIKURU PAPES

rate my imaginary first bike

>overpriced/10

Definitely. Unless this was an apartment complex or something where they own or rent spaces.

but that's wrong

what should i get instead

Don't know quality but it looks nice.
A E S T H E T I C/10

I dunno. I dont know what you want out of a bike

Was looking at a TW200 as my first bike, but went another way. Very glad I didn't. Even a 250 is too slow for regular highway usage around here. That said, I'm looking to buy about 10 acres out of town here in a few years, at which point I will be getting one.

>no longer nobike

IM GOING TO DIE

CANT WAIT!

I like it.
Prepare for haters though

Neat. Post half helmet and flannel

Going to get pic related. And maybe some kind of brown leather jacket.

Or ill just keep my dual sport textile jacket. Might look dumb though. Still have time to return it.

I dont love the cafe style, gonna get normal handle bars asap.

Also guys i didnt secure it properly and it tipped over inside of the truck two times. Mirror fell off, dented the tank, tach glass broke, and back hurts like shit lifting up 500lbs.

I havent even ridden it and i already dropped it. Laugh at me

My new gf

rip

Goodies came in!

Nice. You need to do something about those guages

Yeah throw some normal bars on. Its already got a brat style seat anyway

just out of curiosity, how much are you going to pay for 10 acres?

Very cool. Change the gauges and you'll be set. Also, taillight looks funky, no?

Hnnng.

Should I do it?

2k yuro
25.000 km

When did you last practise emergency stops?

yes
no

I can't fucking wait to work on my new CX. Here's some nostalgia for the old one.

What size? Good first bike though, sucks that it fell in the trailer

In my advanced rider course in June

I try to do 1-2 emergency stops every time I get going somewhere. I live on a small military base with not much traffic during most times of the day so I just try to get them in before I'm out the gate and on the main roads.

>When did you last practise emergency stops?
every day when I park at work

Fuck, like 8 months ago. And never on my new baiku. I need to get on that.

Damn, thass a good picture.

What's wrong with em? Other than one being busted, which is my fault.
It's got a pathetic little LED strip back there. Thanks bro.
750 i4. It's a little much. Im going to die, i dont fear death. Death fears me. *tips harley helmet*
What's brat style?

thanks famalam, that bike was v fun.

I have one of those. 1980

>what's brat style?
Normally a flat seat with normal bars

I just bought a '78, and it's going to be a massive amount of work. have any pictures?

>What's wrong with em?
They look too big and clunky for the style. Adding a single speedo/tach or two smaller chrome ones (without the link in between) would do wonders.

>What's brat style?
Basically. Café racers have clubman bars (yours) or clip-ons and usually a seat for only the rider. Scramblers are easier to handle because of the "off-road" bars.

So youre saying me breaking the gauge is a good thing then? Good.

Danke.

Finally got a guy who is serious about buying my WR450. Mainly because im the only one with a title.
How the fuck do people lose titles?
Seriously hope he buys it. Itll be my down payment on a FZ07

To be honest (and nitpicky), here's what I think your bike needs:

-New seat, with more attention to detail. Backside and underside look not tight enough, and thus, sloppy. Pic related is a good, but extreme example.

- The triangular grill under the seat is not attached properly. Ditch it or fix it.

- Taillight should be different. LEDs are fine, but they can be integrated very elegantly into the seat/rear hoop.

- Shorten the front fender. Maybe paint it green to match body.

- Make a little back fender with the remainder of the front one. Don't use your license plate as a fender.

- Gauges need to go.

- Polish exhausts

I don't know about the legal requirements, but you don't seem to have blinkers? Blinkers are good and there are many low-profile ones available.

Overall, I really like it, but there's still work to do.

Honestly no idea at this point. Goal is 50k to get land and seed a construction loan. Land around here varies anywhere for 9k for 12 acres right off the interstate (but unincorporated), to as high as you want to go. Goal is 10 (or more if the price is right) that can still get high-speed internet. I work from home, so I give zero-fucks about commute distance.

What do you do for work? Im looking for a home job.

Software developer with over a decade in healthcare environments. Only the last few years I was able to work from home and actually make enough to start planning for a home.

sounds awesome user hope it works out for you

Appreciate it.

There are blinkers, theyre integrated in to the head light.
I broke the gauge so they're on their way out.
I fucked up the grill when i dropped it i think.

Screenshotting your post for future references.

No worries m8. It should prove a fun project to get your hands dirty, but I bet what you want to do is just ride on it.

How did you drop it?

>buying someone's cafe project

Why not?

The guy strapped it in to the truck for me, my dumbass didnt check it, and the first turn i took: "THUD"

Second drop was right after i pulled in to the storage facility and was about to take it out.

Glad i didnt fall while i was riding it down the ramp out of the truck. Would have fucking hurt me and the bike.

Oh also guys the bike doesnt start is that bad?

>Oh also guys the bike doesnt start is that bad?

uhhhhhhhhhh

I can uncafe it pretry easily though right? Just need to change the handie wandys and the seatsy weatsie.

He sais he would have charged 3k if it was running. It was running a few weeks ago. I believe him. Everything shows that he was recently riding it.

It was only 1.1k. I robbed him.

R-right?

It cranks, just has a spark timing issue. Simple fix.

Right? GUYS?

>go to work on shitbike, anons mentioned my tire is backwards
>only place to work is backyard
>heave it onto upside down bucket, run inside to grab tools
>come back and poor baiku is fallen over, bucket sunk into the ground
Got really pissed at myself and was attacked by mosquitoes the entire fucking time I worked. Threw a few things. I put the handlebars into alignment but the steering stop got gashed, fuel tank got a 1cm dent. Otherwise the bike is fine and I rode it around to pick up a case of beer to down tonight (I rarely drink).
It really pains me to see my baby get banged up, this bike hasn't let me down ever. Gotta learn somewhere. I can't wait to have a garage to work in with proper stands and tire changing tools.

I have no one. Only my bike loves me. But it's getting cold and soon we are going to separate till April. I'm considering suicide.

I think youre ok as long as you have some mechanical knowledge

I don't im going to break this thing

Better learn.
Check coil packs. Old ones like split open

>mfw I live 15 ish minutes from Route 66

It's literally just a side road boys, I drive on it to get groceries.

>When did you last practise emergency stops?
August 31st at about 8:30PM

It depends on how much it has been chopped up and whether the original parts are easily available easily. Generally it's a pain to unfuck modded bikes.

R8 my bike fags

Any other CBR'bros out there?

Buy a jacket

>Honda
/10

>mfw I used to live 5 miles from 191
Unfortunately, not the good bit. But I did ride the good bits once, and am planning a border-to-border trip one day.

It's -20 and lots of snow in winter.

Bike looks pretty good, needs more jpg though.

Buy a really good jacket. And some gloves.

Why does it seem that Cafe Racers appeal to people who just start getting into bikes?

Im spewing about the quality, looks like dogshit, ill download a better picture downsizer because the original image is great quality.

I like my CBRs but fuck they're giving me bad luck.

Because any one who's ever ridden a bike would know they perform like shit

They are cheap and easy
You are ignorant

Mine ticked over 70k km a few weeks ago. So far so good, i think the rubber lines are breaking down though. I live in a humid climate. We shall see.

a lot of people just want something to buzz around town on that isn't a scooter.

Is that a 400T? I love mine

People who aren't into bikes only look at aesthetic, they don't look at a Cafe racer and think "god that would be uncomfortable as fuck and probably ride like shit" they just think "that looks cooler than a Harley/crotch rocket (because there are only two kinds of bikes to normies) I should get that one" they're used to cars where every shitbox is the same besides looks.

They aren't uncomfortable and are super fun to ride

Jelly

>t. nobike

Do you wanna fix it yourself?

I'd take it to a mechanic.

Been riding 26 years friendo

This has been my finding as well.

And I'm fucking the queen (she's wild mate)

Should I get flush turn signals for my R3?
I was originally going to sell it to some girl but my friend told me she couldn't pass the MSF course so I decided to keep it and getting a dual sport for next bike.

no. nobody can see your flush mount signals unless they're within 20 feet and looking really hard directly at them. you might as well remove them completely

Cool story grandpa

Im 31. Not a grandfather yet

Depends, Jake the garden snake's ones are so bright that they are almost a hazard at night.

Are my fork bushings still good /dbt/?

are you really going to buy those really expensive signals or are you going to buy chinkshit? Also the light is directional and doesn't show well from directly in front of the bike when they're mounted sideways.

What's there to be ignorant of?
Old bikes before they're even chopped to shit offer nothing like the standards offered on bikes today. Faggot posers like the aesthetics when they don't know the first thing about them

Youve clearly never ridden on and are ignorant of their background