Can I drive my car to work on this tire?

Can I drive my car to work on this tire?

Pic related. It's my car's tire.

I just noticed it. All tire places nearby are closed or I wouldve had it replaced by now... I'm thinking maybe drive it to work, a 25 minute drive, and then drive it to a tire place that's close to where I work and have it replaced....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nmo_dkNZIHM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Another angle

Some wire things are exposed.

put the spare or the donut on your car you idiot, you're going to die or kill someone driving on that fucked up piece of shit

how did you even manage to do this?

That's an seriously fucked up tire, I'm genuinely impressed you could manage this.

Looks good.

That's taking kind of a gamble.

Has it right. Put the spare on now rather than give that an opportunity to blow out at just the wrong time and in the wrong way to break your car, your person, somebody else's car, or somebody else's person.

All your tires should have been replaced all before they got that bad. Wtaf. What's your oil or wiper blades looking like?

I don't have a spare...

Just bite the bullet and take an uber until you can replace it
Not worth risking your and other peoples lives

A friend of mine did a few hundred miles in a car with fucked up front toe and had the metal showing all the way around the tire by the time he got home. And he was doing 120MPH+.

You better believe I chewed him out. But those things can be pretty sturdy if you're lukcy.

lol what the fuck

what car do you drive

>poor people

This. Part of me really likes that we don't have annual vehicle inspections in my province...but I also hate knowing that there's all these poorfag idiots driving around with cooked brakes, bald tires, fucked up steering, and mufflers/bumpers falling off at 120kmh.

>that time I was 23 and driving my Mazda3 on the highway
>some trash in an old beater Grand Prix up ahead
>fucking muffler and tailpipe literally rip off his shitbox and go flying all over the road like a dambuster
>shit my pants as I weave between the jagged metal bits, trying to avoid rolling my car or getting a blow-out and dying against the median

Fuck poor people, seriously.

Oh and I should mention

>he just kept on driving his shitbox

Just had an oil change 3 or 4 weeks ago. Got the wiper blades replaced 2 years ago...

Had the tires replaced about 2 years ago...

Had a transmission flush.... and a bunch of other shit.

This happened probably a few days ago. Not sure where. It could have been the time I went over a shit ton of rocks accidentally, or drive by a minor car accident that had just occurred, before cops arrived. There may have been glass or something on the road.

I think I've been driving it this way for 2 days at least without knowing it. The only thing I did notice was that the steering wheel kept jerking a bit more, and the car seemed to sway to the right faster than it usually did.

I wouldn't

Do you fucking drift absolutely every corner on your commute?

probably just bits of the toddler's bicycle still lodged in your undercarriage

>tires are two years old

Those tires are balder than a baby's ass, never mind the giant strip missing from them.

Do you ever rotate them? And what brand are they? Please tell me you didn't buy some cheap chink tire.

>Can I drive my car to work on this tire?
No it literally looks like its going to deflagrate any time

No, I actually drive pretty slow... I rarely ever go over 65.... and always stop at stop signs... usually. But I live in a very mountainous area so that's probably what did it.

I get the idea. I won't be driving it anywhere until I have it replaced.

Yeah, I'm guilty of buying used tires. Newer ones are expensive but I guess I'll be going new from now on. I'll just have all four of them replaced at the se time.... cause right now, all four are different brands... one I bought new and the rest were bought used when I needed them.

lol just do it wimp

>all four are different brands... one I bought new and the rest were bought used when I needed them.

This is the most Veeky Forums thing I've seen in ages.

Holy shit man. Tires are worth the money. They're the only thing connecting your ENTIRE car to the road - don't get jewish with your rubber. You don't need to spend a fortune, but get something decent like Michelin or Hankook.

And rotate them every 4-6 months, it will seriously double/triple their lifespan (assuming your vehicle's alignment isn't fucked up).

Are you retarded?
Of course you can. It literally says "SAFE" right on the tire.

>mfw you die tomorrow after user's front tire blows out and he loses control and plows into you faster and harder than your uncle in the pool shed at your 8th birthday party

I've been driving it two days on that tire of death...

I just realized I could've died twice in the last week... or killed some innocent person...

I'm for safety inspections, but not emissions.

>Poorfags always running any tire they can get year round
>Poorfags can't spend $12 to replace bulbs so they don't have headlights out
>Poorfags always have an obnoxiously loud exhaust, fucking rust belt
>Poorfags have poor stopping distance and get angry if you stop suddenly
>Poorfags always tend to somehow lose low beams and drive with the high beams on; when you flash them they just shut their lights off and on like a damn SOS signal
>Poorfags tend not to care for their vehicle so why should you care about yours

Fuck poorfags and their shitty rust buckets.

>Every four to six months
I rotate mine every oil change. Takes a few extra minutes but my tires usually come close to the manufacturers expected life expectancy.
>Usually end up doing oil changes every 2 months as I near 5k miles
>Change my oil prematurely right before winter hits as I hate doing things in the cold

>Had the tires replaced about 2 years ago...

Those tires are older than 2 years. And your car's suspension is fucked up making them look like that.

>not living that synthetic life
>not going 3 years between oil changes

Syntec bro. Get some.

>I'm thinking maybe drive it to work, a 25 minute drive,
Maybe if that drive is

Is the tear really THAT bad? To my eyes, as someone who isn't a car enthusiast, it just looks like cosmetic damage.

And if it's that bad, what kind of impact might cause it?

>Cords are showing
>literally no tread to speak of on the outer edge
>Giant fucking chunk missing out of it
>Tires are two years old

Yes user, seems perfectly safe. I would 100% recommend driving on the highway with these things.

The rest of the tire barely even has treat and the gash busted straight through the cords (the little stringy bits you see sticking out). I don't know if he managed to rip it on something or just wore it down until it burst open or what.

But that thing is about ready to blow.

That's like saying someone with a 8" gash in their chest just has cosmetic damage.

The metal cords, the part that keeps the tire from coming apart, and broken all the way across that tear. And regardless of the tear, the tread is worn off. Those tires should have been replaced years ago.

>That's like saying someone with a 8" gash in their chest just has cosmetic damage.

I was a tire tech for 3 years. Never but used tires. "Take off" tires, where someone got rid of stock tires for high performance ones are fine. I get All terrains for my trail rig like that all the time, but never buy truly used tires. And for the love of god get a fucking spare you lunatic.

You are an actually retard for asking.

kys

I'm not a fucking care mechanic dude. Anyway, I'm an idiot... turns out I did have one of those "donut" spare tires...

I ended up getting a ride from a relative to work... when I get back in the morning I'll have the tire replaced...

Don't drive like a spacker on those or you'll slip and die, their tread area is quite poor but it's not likely to explode unlike your current one. It should be rated to a maximum milage/speed but I wouldn't run it a hair's width over 100 miles and 50 MPH.

I resent that comment, us jews dont do that shit, never heared the term used tires and my daihatsu is on eco continentals :/
Live in israel.

Jk, i dont resent the comment, just wanted to segway to write the above factoid.

I'm shitty slav and drove on scrapyard tires for much of my youth.

Never had a blowout despite doing burnouts, drifts and dirtroads honing.

My only advice is drive very carefully and slow on wet roads, old hard tires are uncontrollable on wet, once it starts sliding it's over.

Just because everyone here is fucking 12.
That's not from wear, yes those tires were shot before the damage, but that is a slice. I've worn many tires down past the wire and cloth. They never blister like that from wear.

This to be honest, OPs wheel looks like mine do after burnouts.

would overused tires deflate slowly or explode?

They would probably just explode before you noticed any serious deflation but either/both could happen depending on the damage.

go to reddit with that pic. accepting advice from guys here WILL get you killed

Look at the side wall, it still says safe, that's what the idicator is for.

Seems legit.

Bus pass detected

Jesus Christ people here are retarded or underage.

That tire is perfectly fine for now, there's still plenty of rubber around it. Tires are built to be completely molested and not blow up / fail. Unless you do burnouts or crazy skids on the way to work, you will be perfectly fine.

Next time you pull up to a semi, look at the tires. If it is a cheap company, you will notice lots of strips and chunks missing from the tires.

Just drive carefully and get it replaced whenever you have time. You have been driving with the tire like that for days now, its not going to instantly blow up now that you are aware of it.

Semis have 18 tires. If one explodes, they're fine.
OP has 4. That tire is about to pop and kill him

That tire still has plenty of life left before it becomes really dangerous. Yes, it is a huge risk, but OP can easily make it to work, then to a tire shop.

It takes quite a bit to pop tires in my experience.

It takes a lot unless he goes over a sharpish stone with that tire, has to swerve left or has to floor the brakes. It's simply a stupid risk to take if avoidable. Chances are it won't blow but if it does he'll likely pay a lot in repairs and maybe even hurt himself.

Not him, but what the fuck are you on about? All those are legit complaints. I live in a country where inspections are mandatory, although rarely enforced, and the amount of shitty 60s-80s never-cared-for third world rustbuckets is mind boggling. Plenty of people neglect their brakes, never minding the noises it makes because they think it's just old or something, when they're just screaming for a change

I've had people ask me "user my car makes this noise when braking can u chek it pls"
And sure enough, pads are usually nonexistent, and I've even had rotors that were well into the goddamn cooling vanes

Let's not even talk worn out suspension and steering components, all replaced with the chink special that I've seen fall apart on the highway and leave the car without steering. Water pumps and oil pumps? Thermostats and sensors? Sure, risk your engine to sub-par manufacturing and materials. Parts that dictate whether your car remains under control and can stop in reasonable distance, putting in danger other people on the road? Fucking hell

Back from work...

I drive a 2004 ford focus... the guy who installed the donut tire put it in the front where the old one was.

I looked it up, and apparently you're not supposed to put donut tires on the front due to weight differences and such...

Especially on a FWD car like the Focus you'd want to put the donut on the back. But you're not supposed to do much more than limp to a tire shop when you're running a donut and for most vehicles you're not going to blow up an LSD or kill yourself by doing that.

Donuts are usually rated surprisingly low, like you're not supposed to put more than 50 miles on one or go above 45MPH. So the main concern is to not be like the niggers I see running donuts to the grocery store, meaning they've probably already been running the donut for a month straight.

Reminder
youtu.be/nmo_dkNZIHM

she'll be right op
just go for it

>Tfw I'm a poorfag with a loud broken exhaust
>And I've never bought tire for my car
B-but at least my brakes work and I actually put new bulbs in my headlights right?

>angry at people driving dangerous cars that could fall apart at any moment
>drives dangerously close to the vehicles infront of him

This is fucking gay. I can't remove the tire myself and put it in the back...

And even if I could, I live, like I said in a very rocky area. The dirt road directly outside of my house that leads to the main paved road is full of jagged rocks that are impossible to avoid. The nearest car shop is like a ten minute drive away and I'll have to really push the car up a few hills. I don't even know if they have the tires I need, and it's a fucking shitty place that only sells used shit, and to top it off, their phone number is disconnected so I can't even ask. The tire that had the tear, I bought it from that shop 2 years ago. The closest place after that is another 10 minute drive down a packed highway. I'd be lucky to even make it passed the initial dirt road without the tire popping. I'm starting to think it'd be safer to drive with the other one. I pushed it to 65mph the other day, just before I found out about the tear.

And that isn't even the last of it. Even if it was safe, I cant use it anyway without inflating it to 60psi. I have a cig lighter air compressor that I bought years ago but apparently it only goes up to 50 psi. Driving it at 50 psi is apparently not a good thing either. I was lent another air compressor by the guy who installed the donut tire. It's one of the ones that hooks up to battery terminals, but this one has exposed wires...

Normally I might not mind using an electronic device with exposed wire, but if it hooks up to my car battery...

What are my other options? Are there any services that come to you with a tire and replace it...?

50psi in the donut on front and babying it to the tire shop is not a terrible option. If you're at low speed, taking corners slow, etc. even if something blows you probably won't get into too much trouble. Worst case you'd mess up the wheel driving it the rest of the way there and then maybe have to wait to get a new wheel from a scrap yard or something.

Other options? Nobody's going to come swap a tire for you on site, since getting tires on and off is a bitch without the usual equipment. But if you want to pay a lot of money somebody will be happy to tow you to a shop to get it done there.

But I would advise spending the money on new tires, a jack and a wrench so you can change your own wheels, and maybe even your own compressor since they're cheap these days and handy when you need one.

use a spare if you can. if you absolutely must, just drive slowly and avoid potholes/bumps if possible. change that shit asap though, thats a fuckin hazard if i've ever seen one.

>Bus rider shitting on people's driving.
Unless you're driving a mile behind parts falling off are a danger. Actually scratch that. They are always a danger. Especially considering they often bounce to a whole different lane or even oncoming.

>anyone criticising is a busrider

Items falling off cars at speed won't suddenly stop. You'll have stopping before hitting them, providing you're at a safe distance from the car.

>or even oncoming.
obviously
the premise was that he was driving behind the car

I've seen a muffler and a bumper fall of. The bumper was at low speed so it kinda slid to the edge of the road. The muffler one was at speed and it went airborne. Fact of the matter is parts are light and unpredictable when they get detached at speed. Sure, they may just slide but they may also very much do some stupid ass Matrix shit and end up slapping you through the sunroof. Needless to mention it's practically impossible to predict so it can catch you by surprise and the people behind you won't see shit. They'll just see the car in front of them on the highway suddenly floor the brakes and that's very much how you get yourself rear ended in average traffic.
Actually scratch that. Why not just secure your flappy ass bumper with a 20 cent bolt in 20 seconds instead of risking the drama and on top of that losing a part that costs way more than those 20 cents?