twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Under powered

compared to what?

Compared to pretty much everything

anything worth owning

anything in it's price range

Nothing.

>see people talk shit about the 86
>ask them about the AE86, S2k, Miata, etc.
>"BROOOOOOOOOO, THOSE ARE LEGIT JDMMMM CAARSSS BROOOO, SIIIIICCCKKKK"

Literally nothing is wrong with it. You can find a used one for dirt cheap or if you're really jewish you can get a crashed one for the price of dirt and just do minor-major fixes and you're good to go. Just don't be like that idiot from B is for Build and tackle big ass projects when you have 0 experience like thinking you can do an engine swap since you're already fixing shit.

A base model mustang

Repair cost.

If you blow a transmission or the engine, Toyota and Subaru wants you to pay $20k no joke. That's more than the fucking car is worth. You'd be lucky to find a same FA20 engine under 5k.

Just dont fuck it up.

Focus ST
Golf GTI
Subaru WRX

Don't they all cost more than 25k?

Doesn't 86 kill all of them in corners?

According to AutoCar's long term test not a lot:

"Overall, the cabin isn’t anywhere near as pretty as the car’s exterior and so remains its weakest link.

Perhaps it’s because Subaru’s development team was so busy ensuring the car was excellently balanced and fun to drive that the interior styling department ran out of time to complete the final details. As proof, take the Mazda MX-5. The little Japanese two-seater has a cabin as eye-pleasing as its exterior, with a tidy layout and nicely matched details. Even the cabin’s air vents are a work of art. Enjoying the BRZ’s fine handling while toggling vents like those would make the experience feel as premium as it is fun – and I say this with confidence, having just spent a few days in a 2.0-litre MX-5.

But – and this is where I keep ending up – even when I was driving the MX-5, I still found myself missing the BRZ. I loved the Mazda’s more intuitive infotainment system, but that couldn’t counter my longing for the alertness of the BRZ’s chassis. The MX-5 is far from sluggish in its responses, but the BRZ somehow feels no heavier, despite actually being 156kg podgier, and is more eager to react to every degree of steering input. It really gives the impression of being on another level in terms of performance, even if the cars’ respective power and torque figures suggest that isn’t the case.

The BRZ just feels more special to steer. It’s helped by a lower seating position that makes the car seem more hunkered down, giving you more confidence to drive it properly. Your attention is focused on soaking up the experience of driving."

"LOVE IT: The BRZ’s brakes are not over-assisted, unlike those of most modern cars, and the pedal offers a decent amount of feel.

LOATHE IT: The lightness of the BRZ’s body comes at a price: little sound insulation. Quite a lot of noise is generated on motorways."

A minivan

>$20k on a 200hp 4 cylinder
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do not buy if taller than 6"2
Unless for use as a weekend car and not one you'll be using for longer than 1 hour rides.

The fuax leather on the seats will wear fast. Protect them.

Not a very quiet interior.

Stock tail lights on 13-16 years are terrible.

Enjoy the looks you get.

Oh and the stock wheels and tires are terrible upgrade ASAP.

It's not pic related

Why the fuck is it so expensive?

If I want to replace the economy 2.4L that makes 191hp in my Accord it's about $800 for the engine

Because one is a high tech small volume engine the other is a low tech lump of pig iron that's been in mass production for years.

dsportmag.com/the-tech/tomei-powered-dissects-the-fa20-flat-four/

really? im about 6'4 in freedom units and i fit fine

torque dip.
bland styling for a sportscar.
normie bait.
better second hand options.

It will be the perfect car when its 10+ years old and selling for 5-7k

Literally a Scion that still rolls over on a turn born from a manga meme that proved the WRX was the superior car.

Literally nothing. The WRX is better performance wise, but the 86 is so cute and will allow you to pick up girls easily, and since it's easy to power slide it you will impress them or at least see their boobs bouncing

Same, even been 4 up with some of my Taekwondo mats who are all taller than me. The idea it's small inside must be down to total balloons of people.

I'm 6'4" and fit quite comfortably, even driving all day long. Of course I wouldn't want to be larger and I dislike lounge chair driving position so it's easy to see how somebody looking for the world's best interior in a car designed for driving experience and cramming in a rear seat somehow would be annoying.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT IS ANNOYING IS THE LOUD BLOWER MOTOR AND NO REAR WIPER >:O

His engine swap isnt going too poorly. You just get to see all his fuck ups whereas most people wouldn't show you. Any diy engine swap is going to have problems.
But also you're not wrong, don't go overkill if you don't have time and money to blow.

Heres the thing man. Its a car that looks like its supposed to be fast. People with fast cars will want to race you. You will lose. No point in buying a slow coupe that looks like a race car.

It doesn't weight 2000lbs and have 300hp and only cost $20k

A THOT on her way to freshman orientation in her camry.

AE86 is a classic car, s2000 has 200whp out of the box, miata's weigh 500lb less than the 86

Bollocks. It looks slightly snazzy and there's literally nothing wrong with a car in this price range actually having a design that hangs together in a world where car design has gone down the toilet.

Don't get me started on the lack of a rear wiper, that and the lack of split folding rear seats are the two biggest annoyances on the car.

Haha get btfo by a karate guy

>miata's weigh 500lb less than the 86
"The MX-5 is far from sluggish in its responses, but the BRZ somehow feels no heavier, despite actually being 156kg podgier, and is more eager to react to every degree of steering input. It really gives the impression of being on another level in terms of performance,"

Corners don't matter for daily driving. It's all about acceleration at stoplights

I'mma Rain-X the shit out of the rear window when I get a chance. I never cared about a rear wiper until having a car with an almost flat rear window during the winter.

At least the "OMFG DEFOG PLS" button works, even if it's hellaloud.

A fucking minivan is faster than this shit.

That's dealership pricing if they really want to screw you. A transmission is actually about $2500 and a used longblock isn't too bad either.

But repairs are expensive on it, yes. I'm sitting outside a shop right now for a $300 labor replacing the cheap wheel studs Subaru uses because they were seizing on me. Rear ABS sensor broke during the job, that's going to be a $170 part. Also had to do a clutch job because throwout bearing went bad. At the same time did a spark plugs job, that was $1000 that day..

>Doesn't 86 kill all of them in corners?

Yes and lets be honest unless you live in a shithole city where you would be better off on the bus you spend a lot more time cornering than doing traffic light drags in everyday life.

Memes

It just lacks bro. Its like being a truck that cant tow. Or a family van with only 2 seats. Or a dog without a nose. Or bruce jenner.

>Recent Miata owner Pobst’s lap times align with his preference: 1:29.91 for the MX-5, 1:31.27 for the BRZ.

Looks like Collin Chapman was right again.

I'm not saying it doesn't lack. It really does. I'm just saying it's the fault of the car world at large for losing a grip on visually appealing overall design in favor of a pile of accents and cues that chases after a goblinesque version of some aborted concept that was only trying to stand out like something out of a fashion show.

Facts man they disprove you.

Poorfags on Veeky Forums can't afford it. Just watch once it goes out of production and you can pick them up for like $5k everyone here will call it the second coming of Micheal Jackson

I want them to make this car and make it happy

Karate guy detected

No torque dip could do a lot for the stoplight feel. It's effortless to be hundreds of yards ahead after a nontrivial corner, and meanwhile you almost have to play boiracer in 1st to keep up with lumbering stoplight traffic.

Or the obvious option: it's about damn time to offer more engine. Slightly taller final drive to make it feel right and retain the MPGs.

Post laptimes done by the same driver in same conditions you pleb.