/hsg/ - Hearthstone General

Masochist edition

>Latest News
us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20720853/new-features-coming-to-hearthstone-16-05-2017

>Deck lists, news etc
hearthstonetopdecks.com
hearthpwn.com
hsreplay.com (Buy Premium For Us)
thelightforge.com/TierList (Arena)
vicioussyndicate.com

>Open Tournaments?
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>/hsg/ Wild Open Tournament ($100 prizepool)
Rules: pastebin.com/5qDhbkLi
Sign Up: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1XfhvpBIVK8rF8P7_EDddWGq4NmiOH9pYvZ_lu463X3aAKw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Discord: discord.gg/hsg

Previous thread:

>tfw we'll never get rewards above 500 wins because of so many autists with 20k wins

To the other Valeera poster out there, you're alright for a cis male :^)

Thats not counting his losses

Absolutely terrifying my man

How can you see your total wins? I'm at like 8k for all, and have only 5 golden heroes so I'm curious

Your quest page shows you your total amount of wins

I mean total per classes

>start ladder climb with taunt warrior
>play against hunter
>pull their Highmane out of a hand full of beasts
>can't properly brawl because of it
>manage to clear with Primordial, full hand vs 1 card
>drops King Crush created by Macaw
>get it to 2 health, force him to trade
>he top-decks another fucking crush and goes face for exact lethal
Off to a great fucking start this season.
I csn't ever fucking climb these sub-15 ranks with any god damn meta deck. Climbed 2 ranks in a fucking day playing Taunt Warrior last month, then switched to Ele Shaman homebrew and climbed to rank 13 in just over an hour. Shit is fucking retarded.

nvm I didnt notice that in the Play page. Since when did they add that?
Also its less interesting than expect, ranging from 1350 - 700 wins, meh

When are they gonna make a gnome hero?
Come to think of it I cant think of any gnomes that fill a class role besides Wilfred Fizzlebang or maybe Chromie and Chromie is a dragon

millhouse is a hero

Nobody likes gnomes

I mean a new hero in general would be nice let alone a gnome one. I wouldn't expect it though since they can just turn each character into an archetype with expansions..

just got rank 17 after beating a 4th-turn crystal core rogue nigger with a f2p hunter zoo. shit feels so cash money yo

I like gnomes

Is one night in karazhan worth the money? The cards look really goo but 20 bux is a lot for poor college student me.

They're really unpopular though, and the only roles they could fill already have alternative heroes besides warlock

if moneys that tight i wouldnt toss it on a childrens card game

>babbling book: pyro, tome
>tome: tome, firelands portal, pyro
>glyph: tome, counterspell

if there's one game that'll switch me to gwent it was that, holy shit

So what was the sauce on the image again?

I mean it's not like I'm dying or anything I was just wondering if I should take out of my entertainment budget for it.

Hey /hsg/, just wanted to pop in to say that /hsg/ has been drawn into Group A of the VGL8, the soccer tournament between Veeky Forums Generals.

As the Pot 1 team in Group A, we will be the Home Team in the opening game of the whole tournament. Shit's tight.

Games start this Friday, our first opponent is /feg/ - Fire Emblem General followed by Love Live! School Idol Festival General and finally Fighting Games General.

Also /svg/ participated in the VGL8 qualifiers, the smaller tournament required for new/bad teams to get into the main tournament. /svg/ is the second-worst team in the VGL and did not advance. We currently hold the 3rd-place trophy. Ha-fucking-ha.

>pic somewhat related

what's the point of this? how many people even watch it?

Can I post this in /svg/?

Do it lel

Like 500 - 1000 people watch the VGL. It's mostly for fun with a little bit of glory. IF you do well in the VGL, your general gets a representative player on the main Veeky Forums Team.

Like, for example, last cup we did so well one of Veeky Forums's star players was WIIIIIIIIIINDS.

If you wanna watch some of it and get an idea of what this is about, check out a few vods: smashcast
.tv/4ccvgl

Guys let's laugh at our Un'Goro predictions.

>Blazecaller
>Primordial glyph
Kalimos

Well at least they got those right.

THICK

How would you make Explore Un'Goro into a good card?

I knew from the start that zavas was going to be shit, did no one else here try discard lock during kara?

Put it in a deck with a bunch of draw, weapons, and armor-gain. Once you have a respectable hand to stabilize/answer with, play the card.

Due to the weighting on Class Cards and the intrinsic OP nature of Discover, the "Explore Un'Goro Warrior" deck is actually somewhat decent on a lower level of play, and certainly tons of fun.

I know >e-celebs, but Toast and Trump played an Explore Un'Goro deck on-stream once and it looked like tons of fun.

Rate new card.

If you think Kalimos is bad then you are actually super fucking retarded

>Kalimos
>Listen under great
>I said it's right

Reading comprehension is hard sometimes but it's not that hard.

Reduce cost of discovered cards by (1), give priority to class cards and bump up the rarity chance a bit

>inb4 hurr that'd be OP because discover
A lot of the time that discover is just going to give you 3 bad options, Hearthstone's ladder is first and foremost powerlevel through synergy, yet the most you can hope for with exploring Un'Goro is just playing the biggest guys you can get and the occasional removal and/or card draw since piling up synergistic cards (like getting Whirlwind and hoping for a Mosh next draw) is almost downright suicidal

Even with these buffs, a Renouncelock deck would still be strictly better because you get all the new cards at the same time so you can adequately prepare for your next turns instead of straight-up relying on RNG and playing reactively for the rest of the game

I rate it 15/16, would not qualify

What's this?

>draft 3x vilespine & youthful/shadowcaster + 2x envenom
You guys know what it's like to play hearthstone with zero turn anxiety, and having answers for every single turn for 12 wins in a row?

no I only draft warrior in arena

One hearthcuck
HA-HA-HA
Two hearthcucks
HA-HA-HA
Three hearth
Oh hell no im out of here

That VGL thing from before? /svg/ tried to play in it. Lost horrendously.

>2 hours to get a single fucking tavern brawl win to finish this quest

fuck this game

should have just added someone from /hsg/ for it

What's a good Rogue deck to play if I don't have Shaku, Sherazim or The Caverns Below?

I do have Patches, Thalnos and VanBeef for what it's worth.

If you're on EU I can help you get those quests done in 10 minutes

If you just want to ladder just play thief rogue obviously

That'd be awesome. Nash#2202

Bite the pack user. Im going in legendary

Burgler rogue is fine without Shaku.

questing rogue with arcanes

>Me and opponent at 2hp
>Opponent is a warlock
>He uses the spell that deals 3 dmg to everything
>Both died but I ended winning

I dont understand. Why I havent lost the match?

it's supposed to be a draw that doesn't award any stars

Just because you didn't go down a star or get an arena cross doesn't mean you won

Getting a draw means nobody advances and nobody deranks, it makes the match completely pointless

It was a casual game, but it counted a s a win in my quest.

never happened to me before, that's interseting

I think its because the warlock dies first.

it wouldn't have given a star on ladder

Speaking of warlocks, why their design is so shitty?

Cards that puts me in disadvantage either because of:
>Discard
>Loss of life
>Sacrificing my creatures and board presence

It just feels locks are fighting againts the odds and theopponent.

>dragon priest destroys quest rogue

Can't believe I realized it just now. It's so easy to manipulate their igneous elemental and delay their quest.

>Win 5 brawls
>In RNG fiesta the brawl

Fugg

The reward for discarding and sacrificing a creature isn't that big. They should so something like PO. Give +5/+5 to a minion and destroy other minion than the one buffed. It may be a bit too much, but I think that's the boost warlock needs. They have the best hero power in the game but warlocks could really use something else.

Disco quest lock won't be a thing, even in the further expansions.

Because Warlocks wishes for Greatness and Power at any cost.

well for most of the games lifespan those worked to the point of being broken at points

blizz didn't keep up with the power creep for warlock as they did with other classes though, the discard shit really was a mistake they should find something new to push the class in like more cards that sac hp with new ways to gain life as well

good thing I have my shitty mage deck so I can win some casual games for daily gold, can't seem to do it with anything else

Just make hunter

Would that make Vicious Fledgling more fair? (its also a Legendary)

Pilfer is when it hits an enemy player.

don't have cards

Is there such thing as windfury?

If so, that card is powerful.

that's way too slow for hs
we're talking about the same game where it's not rare to have 6 damage on board turn 1

Eh, it's a toss-up, depends on your draw. If you can shadow visions into a couple of Dragonfire Potions you're good, but then sometimes you draw both your Potions of Madness the two turns following their quest completion and you want to throw your keyboard.

>first pick
>paladin

Fledgebro or Sunbro?

sunwalker

>not instant picking dr 3

Sunwalker is consistently good, fletching is institutionally good. I'd probably still pick flinching though since it straight out wins games by simply being played t3.

situational is what I meant obviously.

How come Yu-gi-oh Duel Links, a literal mobile p2w cash grab made by Konami still manages to be easier for newer players to go into than Hearthstone?

small indie company

>arena
>enemy paladin has 5 minions, 1 of which is silver hand recruite
>set goblin mind control gnome or whatever the fuck it's called
>it takes the silver hand recruit
>lose the game
oh well, I got outplayed hard :^)

lol, playing as hunter right now and got matched vs a paladin who played fledgling at turn 3, was lucky to have deadly shot to kill it

>got 3 x 1/1 minions and 1 tirion
>enemy gets tirion

Every time...

FUCKING CHRIST
MIND CONTROL GNOME AGIAN FAILS ME AND AT 50/50 STEALS A FUCKING SILVER HAND RECRUITE AGAIN
NOT ONLY THAT BUT THIS FUCKING PALADIN PLAYED A FUCKING CAIRNE AND SOME SHIT THAT GIVES ADJACENT MINIONS TAUNT AND DIVINE SHIELD AND THEN DINOSIZE AND 50 FUCKING MORE BIG MINIONS HOW THE FUCK DO I WIN THIS?

Can I suggest playing a better minion than MC Tech

I didn't have 1 at that time, everything was on the board fighting with his big ass minions cancer

>defias cleaner and eater of secrets are good arena picks just because of the current meta
wew lad

Should I play hunter or paladin in arena?

Paladin m8

defias cleaner??!?!

Wut?

Is this correct?

Defias Cleaner is world class

Dinosize is better

Dinosize is far better. What shitty program is this?

Defias Cleaner is an on-curve answer to Spikeridged Steed.

Most high-win Paladins will have a couple.

heartharena
holy shit this is starting to look a bit concerning, idk if I'm gonna be able to use all these buffs

holy shit image if I could buff angry chicken with dinosize :D

pretty good deck, but you really need some early game (1drop/2drops) (+sticky minions).

you need to get on the board to make all your buffs work.

Knowing about a tauntcuck being rekt is what I needed to start my day, thanks

I'm pretty sure the addon will keep picking me high cost cards, cuz it always does that. Should I ignore it and get some low cost drops?