Is anyone of you planning to convert a bus into your home?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVpPt8vCYRQ
stream.cz/noisebrothers/176951-7-let-nevystoupil-z-auta
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, post some comfy RVs

>brake somewhat hard
>everything hits the floor

Nah, too little space. I don't consider 8x30 ft livable in the long run. Dreaming of a swimming house someday though. 16x40 ft oughta do it.

>Next stop: Eternal NEET life

reminds me of that poor fuck who lives in his old mercedes wagon (not bus or van) and has not set a foot out of the car in literally a decade.

I wonder if he still lives

How does he get gas? Unless he lives in one of those cuck states where they pump it for you.

Oh fuck, I found it.
youtube.com/watch?v=BVpPt8vCYRQ

Shit like this really almost scares me of marriages.
The fuck is going on.

Wagons can be fairly comfy really.

Built-in protection against the non-swimming types

You know, while the bus does have more spacy and might be more comfortable, it's probably too much trouble so I'd just settle for a van.
Granted, most certainly won't go vandweller. Although I do fantasize about getting a van and drive away, those are only in my "I hate the world" periods. Would settle for a nice house a cabin.

I had mobility in mind. It's very unlikely you'll never move again in life, and I'd hate to have to start my dwelling all over. I wanna create the perfect dwelling and simply take it with me. And with Europe's vast shippable river and canal system I could live anywhere from the French Mediterranean coast to a place on the Baltic Sea or on a connected lake inbetween.

How the FUCK do those books and other shit not fall from the shelves when he turns at 5mph?

Magnets and miracles.

It's an abstract kind of feel to see how most converted buses and vans let in way more sunlight (and therefore more comfy for your soul) than it is the case with many houses or apartments.

I can't stand houses with one window/room and the window being half or smaller than the wingspan of both of your arms

Sorry to break it for you, but it's made up. Here's follow up video: stream.cz/noisebrothers/176951-7-let-nevystoupil-z-auta
At 2:54 you can see he's normal guy.

This is so comfy, I wouldn't mind living there

Been helping a coworker/buddy of mine with his 1976 Mercedes-Benz O309D

Tearing out the shit interior that was there, with crusty mattresses, unpolished 2x4 and broken kitchen

This bus will be damned cool when he finishes it up. His plan is just to live in it, having solid his house. Gonna drive around Norway and Europe in general, trying out different downhill biking arenas, finding work and whatnot

>Sorry to break it for you
Why sorry, that's actually a good thing and good to know

I'd convert one of these into a motorhome if I had money and no need to work.

>Gonna drive around Norway and Europe in general
Well, as soon as he drives around Sweden he will probably get his new home burned down

If he stays out of the cities he'll be safe... atleast for a good 5-10 years

Got to say for people who can't swim they sure aren't afraid of hurricanes and tropical storms.

>live in a bus in fucking Norway

Unless he's going to put double-pane windows and four inches of thermal insulation in it, I don't see how this is a good idea.

Getting fresh sneakers on a 100% discount makes them forget all dangers

When he grew up there he will most likely be aware of Norway's weather conditions, my dude.

The guy probably has a thick skin.

When I think about it he did mention that most likely it will just be a summer vehicle. Rent an apartment and work through the winter, then live in the bus during the summer and do what he wants

That thing was cold even a month ago when we retrieved it - we're going to do some better flooring in the back, fix the door seal and find a better solution where the gearstick goes down (you look down at the road)

Also trying to find the i6 diesel engine these came with. It currently has a 3.8 i4 producing 80hp/172nm, which is not much for something that I think weighs just above three tones without anything in the back. The 5.6 i6 produces 130hp/363nm, and should do a lot better - but its a stupidly rare engine

He's a southerner who started wearing his goose feather jacket in June...

Disregard that; its fucking 3.6 tonnes with 85hp

No wonder it struggles to reach 80kph on the flats

>3.6 tonnes empty weight
>4+ tonnes when fully furnished
>old 5.6L 130 hp NA diesel with 130hp
>refrigerator tier aerodynamics

That's still going to be uncomfortably sluggish for highways while chugging fuel like a pig, why not swap in a more modern TD engine?

they do
what did you expect from Top Gear

Because it will be a cunt/impossible to get approved. Also; it'll be so much damned work with making new motor mounts, wiring, fuel lines, matching it up to the transmission and so on

With any luck we'll find the 6l version of the same engine, which is also turbocharged and produces nearly 200hp and 600-ish NM

I'm converting my VW T5 into a camper van if that counts

diesel??

yes, why not?

does it have the 6 cyl or one of the 4cyl

Looks too much like a city bus. Poor people at bus stop screaming at you as you drive by their stop.

2bh I'll probably end up as a wagon dweller myself in a couple years when I'm working and going to school in different towns.