/mg/ - Miata General

PSA: Don't buy a Corbeau DFX seat with the GarageStar brackets. they don't fucking work together. the base of the seat is way too fucking wide even though they say it is one of the thinnest. I beat the fuck out of my transmission tunnel just to fit it in and it still sits to the left of the steering wheel. Also the brackets don't let you slide the seat all the way back to the wall. fuck I'm so mad. $600 down the fucking drain

why didn't you just return it?

I'm thinking about it, but I tore a little hole in the bottom of the seat so I don't know if I should. the brackets are in mint condition though

miata is a womans car

I just contacted Corbeau and they wont accept the seat back because it was scuffed in the side mount areas

fuckers

What do lads?

is there a wideband sensor that doesn't require welding?

The wideband doesn't require. The bunghole does (inb4 bunghole lol) you could get a down pipe that has an extra bunghole.

So they didn't clean out the drain rails and got it rusty? Also if you can't look under it I was advise taking to a trusted mechanic to have them look at it. Or don't buy it.

lmao bunghole

so some turbo downpipes come with the right bung already installed?

cars aren't for women

Any opinions on halo headlights on an NA?

I have H4 conversions at the moment and there's a hole from a rock in one, and that side's HID bulb burned out the other day and had to order a new pair, so I'm probably going to replace the headlights as well in case the hole was related to the bulb going out prematurely.

>Any opinions on halo headlights on an NA?
fucking disgusting. just get OEM bulbs for it. The lights are round and have a classic look to them and halos will ruin the look

There was a Miata meet in my town last night but I didn't go

At least you have Miata meets in your town

Why is it so hard to find a used ND Miata?

because they're not that old and the people who buy them actually like them

because they won't sell it to people who call it a """miata"""

Miat thread? Have a mid-tier pic I've never posted before.

Do I have to prove I'm fit to drive a miata by sucking their dicks first?

he's handsome. but those wheels tho

Yep. The flyin miata down pipe comes with 3

>1993 Mazda Miata, excellent condition, 5spd manual, cold AC, black paint, tan leather, cruise, power windows, mirrors, Viper security. 139,000 miles low for its age. New tires and soft top with glass rear window. Many upgrades and improvements. Call me for information. Asking $4999 Price is negotiable. Invested almost $7000 in the car.

new to miatas and not sure I'll fit. does this one seem decent? listing was reduced to asking price of $4500

interior looks decent

I also have the stock 10.8-lb (4.9kg) hollow-spokes (2 pictured). I don't have tires for them right now though.

Fixed my right rear caliper, going to do the left on Tuesday. It's not broken but why not.
ISR exhaust still holding up well, sounds incredible. I do not get tailgated, nor do people try to block me from merging or merge into me. I've actually noticed trailing cars back off now instead of tailgating like before.

Is this the one in NJ i was gonna scoop it up but you go user

ill take it if you dont

looks more than decent, holy fuck

Nah this is near Dallas.
Arranging to have a mechanic look at it soon.

Not in Saudi Arabia they are not

Washed my engine with hose and water. I protected intake and fusebox.

After washing there is a check engine light and car idles roughly.

There is A LOT of water in spark plug holes. Planning to dry this with hair blower. What else should I dry? I cant find the distributor on my car. I heard that is also a common problem.

If someone could mark things I need to dry on the picture that would be great. It's a mk2.5

try throttle position sensor, that engine doesnt have a distributor btw

I sucked the water out of the spark plug holes and dried them a little bit. Engine runs okay.

Do I need to reset the check engine light or will it go away on its own?

Fixed how? Is there a guide somewhere?

Why the fuck would you spray a hose into the engine bay? Use a cloth and wipe it down.

because it was dirty and I wanted to see if I need to change head gasket

pic related

Doing my timing belt on my NB. The engine is in great shape and the cam and crank seals weren't leaking to begin with. Is it still worth replacing them?

Oh, also, I'm planning on replacing the water pump and thermostat, is there anything else I should be doing while I've got this shit torn apart?

My Miat feels like braking when engine is warm. I can notice it clearly when coming to a stop on a red light when the car just stops on its own.
Already checked calipers, changed 2 sticky ones.

What could it be? Brakes work fine when engine is cold

would putting a 13b in a NA miat be a bad idea? I feel like it would be the same price or even cheaper than putting a turbo on the stock 4 cyl engine.

It's a great idea

I have a few questions. I am pretty sure the miata transmission won't just bolt up to a 13b, but will the bellhousing of a rx-7 transmission bolt to the miata transmission? Would I need to get the driveshaft cut?

definitely do throttle position sensor. one time i left my car out with its hood open during a rain. after driving for an hour the next day it goes into limp mode out of the fucking blue and leaves me stranded.

by unbolting it from the car and attaching a new part, lel

Sell it on Facebook and take a small loss

Just get Cibie housings. They take H4 bulbs

And make sure it's adjusted correctly with a feeler gauge

Run. The rust is gonna be extensive underneath. Only get it if you are okay with scrapping it in 4 years.

Hard to say. I did mine when I did the timing belt. Hasn't leaked before, doesn't leak now. In hindsight I almost feel I wasted money.

If you have reason to believe they have been replaced in the last ten years, I'd say don't bother.

Also if you do use OEM mazda seals. Aftermarket seals are known to sometimes cause leaks and you will feel like a dummy having replaced a good seal with a bad one.

You will need a thermostat gasket to go with that. If you had an NA with loud hydros, I'd suggest cleaning them, afaik NBs have solid tappets. Might check the valve clearance since you already have the cam cover off.
I am assuming you are going to replace the alternator belt as well.

yess

>5k for a 1.6 with 139k miles
I'd pay no more than 3k and that's onlt becase it looks really clean and has a new top and tires.