>fast
>easy
>inexpensive
>works reliably

What's not to like?

Works for me :)

Try and stop us, oh wait you can't

>works reliably
Apart from when they get thrown around or even ripped off by heavy winds.

Ugly as hell. Pic related, superior Alaskan stoplight.

I also get triggered when burgers use anything other than freeway font for signs on these things

Which almost never happens unless there's so much wind it fucks all kinds of stuff up anyway, and just rehanging them or putting up new one is...

>fast
>easy
>inexpensive
and then it
>works reliably
for years to come

You're a fucking burger too if you're from alaska

To be fair if you had to cover five lanes at a time you'd hang lights from a wire, too.

Three lanes each way plus two turn lanes. No wires.

We are an oppressed colony of burgerstan and they're actually starting to build these stupid wire lights here

I thought Alaska was full of snow and no humans around.

I believe it has two cities and a road between them. And it has Sarah Palin's house, which sticks so far out of the snow you can see Russia.

This is about right.

As I said, they're starting to build ugly wire lights, but I didn't mention that that's in the face of relatively recent state law that says all new intersections have to be roundabouts unless you have a really good reason

>vertical traffic lights

Horizontal masterrace. Fuck moving my head up that's too hard.

why do americans put traffic signs on the opposite side of the crossing?

traffic lights*

So you can see them. Most people don't look sideways all the time and/or there is another vehicle blocking the way.

So you can drive all the way up to the stop line and still see the signal

>you can see Russia

Cables, not wires.

I like it when my municipality can't easily mount traffic cameras to catch my moving violations as I avoid other retards.

You weren't old enough for the 2008 elections? Palin saying she could see Russia from her house was like one of the biggest anti-Palin memes. Everybody old enough to use Veeky Forums knows you can see Russia from Palin's house.

either that, or it was so lame he didn't acknowledge it