/dlg/ Duel Links General

Qualifier rewards edition.

Last Thread: Latest News
>Qualifiers for the World Championship are going on now, try to get KoG while you can
>Yami Bakura will appear randomly in the duel world until the 5/6th. A gate based event for him will come near the end of the month
>A "Duel-A-Thon" event and a new Legendary Duelist are arriving after the qualifiers. Stay tuned for more info
>Yugi Muto's birthday event is on going, log in fot the next several days to recieve a total of 640 gems
>Various rumors suggest the first update to the limit/ban list will come after the qualifiers
>Characters have been data mined from all eras of Yu-Gi-Oh. Assume at least some of them will appear at some point

Useless (Duel) Links:
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, beginner guides, etc.
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for new players
>What is this game? It's Yu-Gi-Oh! in mobile format created & suited for quick play. Great if you played the TCG previously and feel nostalgic about it, and not too difficult to learn if you're completely new
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>Ultimate Rising, Valkyrie's Rage, and Neo Impact have the most staples, so gems are usually best spent on those packs unless you have a specific deck in mind
>Some people recommend not leveling your stage past the 30s, although if you're not having trouble with the standard duelists advancing stages nets you some gems and jewels
>Try and first level up Mai and Keith to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph for free
>"Gift [card] retard" is a meme. Ignore anyone who uses/takes it seriously

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/PvyChx6.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is there a best time to play ranked in NA? Like is it better to play when all the shitters are on at night? Or in the morning? I just want my KoG.

Post the card you want added to duel links the most, I'll start.

I got to KoG by almost exclusively playing between 12am and 6am, PST. I don't think it really matters though.

Why is the DM series of the anime so comfy?

I want my cardfu.

I want to fuck Ishizu in the ass while she begs me to stop even though she secretly likes it

Are you the same guy every thread? if so, I'm impressed with your consistency.

Hang on

I did Nobleman of Extinction on opponent's Mirror Wall... but instead of destroying it, they just activated Mirror Wall? How does that make sense? I used Nobleman while the Wall was face down.

Just because I want HHG decks to suffer. See ya Harpie Ladies.

Yes, no one must forget my desires to violate Ishizu

I was scrolling through the card trader and bought invader of darkness by accident. Is he pretty good at least?

It has to remain face down to be destroyed.

he was supposed to be some anti EC and OtC tech, but with the way the game is now he's way too slow to work.

So Nobleman is actually trash then? If it can't even kill traps what's the point

yup. all the traps that you would want to use it against can be flipped face up pretty easily.

So this is what awaits me in plat, huh?

Almost beat this Tea Burn too. Man, what's with the Weevil popularity? I guess I can't criticize all too much. I mean it did take me to Plat 1.

But fffffug. Playing AGAINST it is annoying :3

Eh

Also I guess Yugis coming back to Duel World again.

First of all, fuck shitters who time stall in casual. I mean, who does that?

Second, why aren't more people using Golden Apples in 3SD decks? They seem like a perfect fit. Not only do they stall for you, but they also provide excellent defense AND can be tribute fodder in a pinch.

Same goes for Aegis of Gaia. I've been experimenting with a build that runs 3x Golden Apples and 3x Aegis of Gaia, it's been working really well. AoG might seem like an odd choice because it can be destroyed so easily, but when you run 3, it allows for an extra 9000 LP to play with. With that kind of ammo, the duels don't even last long enough for them to get destroyed anyway.

Deck space is limited, and you're probably better off running shit like Mirror Wall. Also, apples don't work if they kill you, and Gaia is trash considering how many people are playing Harpies.

>Various rumors suggest the first update to the limit/ban list will come after the qualifiers
They won't hit skuriboh, i'm sure of it,
pic

Man I feel like shit now. Could I atleast use it to farm kaiba?

Apples sounds like a good idea, probably a solid econ replacement as the only thing econ does in that deck is stall.

Got to Gold 4. The system of climbing a rank a night has been going okay so far. Every time I reach a new milestone, I get throw back down, but I climb right back up before I'm done for the night.

More dinos and Ojama King.

A hand full of Gaia and no monsters is bad hence why it doesn't see a lot of play I've run into a few running it though

i mean they did post this on their facebook page a couple of days ago >i.imgur.com/PvyChx6.jpg

It was removed a few minutes later, though. Whether or not they'll expand on that is anyone's guess though. This close to the actual tournament, they probably won't touch anything else.

>Enemy has Blue Eyes on field
>I have Malus Token (3000/3000) and a Flame Ogre
>He summons a monster and econs it to take my malus token
>He's got game, I only have 2500 LP
>He activates half shut....on my flame ogre
>Surrenders

>invader of darkness

Its not a big deal, he's only an SR.

>When you're 1 game away from Plat
>Draw dead hands 4 games in a row

How is it possible to only draw Chiefs and Oracles 4 matches in a row running restart? Seriously, how?

you would need something else to stop him from running his D.D Warriors into it.

This is a fully reasonable thing to do and I'll be glad if they do implement this. If you go second, your only counterplay to tea burn is to hope they draw poorly unless you have that one weird card trader card that's a sphere kuriboh but only for effect damage. And that card is shit.

OTK is totally fine in a game like this because they usually require setup. An FTK with no possible counterplay is fucking garbage and a waste of time.

Aster Phoenix more like Asster Penis. When does GX season 2 stop sucking this fag's dick so much?

like towards the end of season 3.

>Yugi Muto will appear in Duel World
getting tired of these random spawn events desu

I am too but at least it means I might not have to consider picking Union Attack as a reward.

Do any of those "free gems" sites work? I doubt that they do, but I'm curious if anyone has had any hacking luck

Well at worst you'll force them to activate the card, which is still pretty good.

yeah they only need your social security for verification purposes, the gems are straight from the govt

up to 100 free packs a day yugigems.ru

Yeah man I got 15.000 free gems from hownew.ru, actually works!

>hownew.ru

Nice.

Oh I love the original anime.

>"I summon Great Moth!"

>"Well I summon Gaia the Dragon Champion!"

>"My Great Moth poisons the air, making your Champion lose 100ATK each second!"

>"Fine! Then I activate Makiu the Magical Mist, the rain gets rid of the poison! Then I summon Summoned Skull, and since your moth is all wet, he gains an extra 1000 ATK with his lighting strike!"

Were they just making this all up as they went along? Jesus Konami.

Don't forget Kuriboh+multiply is literally broken and unbeatable.

yes.

you do know the card game was made after that portion of the anime right.

Clever

I actually didn't know that, but that sure explains a lot.

>when you have lethal on board and your opponent is taking an excessively long time to draw their card

Not him, but yeah, the anime only starts acting more like the actual card game during the Battle City arc. Before it's more of a weird, turn-based RPG.
That's why you have shit like stabbing the moon and flying monsters being super strong against grounded ones.

I just want to confirm, since I haven't been playing from launch:

there are three types of SR rewards from PvP this month:

>SRs you get from LDs
>SRs you get from Events
>SRs you get from Card Trader

So I'm thinking the best option is to get discontinued SRs from Card Trader, yeah? Since this is literally the only way to get them now. But I don't know what they are, I couldn't find it online. Does anyone know?

Don't worry, they're all shit. The newer SRs are better

that one wierd +400 atk for dark mons
simochi

gardna (ur)

>there are three types of SR rewards from PvP this month

Yup, and you can see all of them:
>Go to PvP Arena
>Enter Championship Mode
>Tap "Ranking" on the right side of the screen
>Tap "Ranking Reward(s)
>Tap on the SR or UR card icon on the right, you can see all the available cards.

>So I'm thinking the best option is to get discontinued SRs from Card Trader, yeah?
I'd generally say no, because you mostly need 2-3 to run them in a deck, so it would be useless if you only have 1. Really depends on which card you're talking about.

Should I get a Vanguard or Red Eyes when I reach KoG? Gonna get a third Spirit and wanted to know which one would be nicer to have Prismatic

Probably Vanguard, since you'll likely play that more than red eyes. But red eyes looks amazing prismatic, so it's a wash

I think I'll get 2 of this guy, or 1 of him and 1 simochi. He could be an interesting meta pick in the future.

Even if you get KoG after the 9th, you can get the UR+SR right? Or can you only get to the final qualifiers and not get the cards?

Pretty sure you have until the absolute end of the finals to make it to KoG and get the rewards

Suggestions? Finally pulled my second Electro. Just waiting on pulling 2 Mirror Walls and replacing Metalmorphs with those when it happens. Gonna swap Beans Men out with Flash Assailants when Card Trader stops being a jew

10/10 easily the deck I hate dueling against the most

Thanks bro

Tea shitter

Thanks for every rare in your catalog you ass

>mfw second toy magician

>opponent summons 3 relinquisheds in one game
wtf

Thousand Eyes Restrict is now in the game. What happens?

I remember hearing that they were raising the max LD level to 40, but did they say when they were doing it?

>setting a monster against an ATK position clown

Why

nothing, but the fusion material isn't in the game and even if it was, it would probably just get OtC'd.

tired of random spawn events with shitty or the same drops as last time
if yugi doesn't at least have rock spirit to shake things up a bit and make magnet warriors actually good then fuck konami

no

>the fusion material isn't in the game
I'm pretty sure Dark-Eyes Illusionist was in the most recent Pegasus event.

>went down a rank due to a concert connection error and two lucksack losses
Bullshit

It was. That isn't the fusion material. Thousand Eyes Idol is

>pissed off because Bakura refuses to drop his trap card and Peeking Goblin while I have fifty Beasts of Talwar already
>drops one Peeking Goblin, one Voltanis and five of his trap cards in a day suddenly

Is there a certain time of day where drops are more likely to occur?

Yeah, I don't think I'm ever getting rid of that Chain Reaction skill

man skills being rng drops is such bullshit. there's no reason for your deck choice to be fucked behind another wall of rng bullshit outside of card drops.

Damn that's clutch

>30 cards shitter
>always have perfect starting hand or topdeck everything they need to counter you
Every fucking time

HEART OF THE CARDS

worst of all is if you get one of the only possible dogshit opening hands your deck has while they bring out jerry bean with an equip and backrow protection just to fuck with you

Has anyone tried using mod apk in pvp? Do you get banned?

Read Eyes is cheaper so get Vanguard

using it online makes it easier to detect and ban you for using it.

>Have Master of Oz on the field
>guy summon relinquished
>use interdimensional matter transporter on my Master of Oz
>waiting for a response
I had the same little grin they had in the anime before activating their trap card that will win them the game.

>opponent summons Relinquished while I have 2 monsters
>E-Con tribute 1 monster and steal Relinquished for that turn
>my turn, he IMTs his Relinquished to save it from attack
>his turn, I use my own IMT to prevent his Relinquished from stealing my remaining monster
>attack and destroy his Relinquished next turn

I've been thinking. A deck with less cards removes space from a card to another. This is good for a deck centered around getting ace cards (e.g. harpies, relinquished). Also if you have a card that is pretty op and want to draw often. Less so in a general-purpose or stall deck where many cards are good. Even a 21-23 deck (I wouldn't go as far as making a 30 deck) will also provide a bonus on the occasional game where deck out is possible. Some cards might also benefit from being apart like Thunder Dragon or blue dragon summoner.

Now consider card ratios. A possible ratio of monster cards is 1:2 (0.5) where half the deck is monsters. If you have a 20 card deck and wanted to draw more monsters, you could change it to 11:20 (0.55). But maybe that is too many monsters as now you have lost a spell/trap card. Only a 21 deck could achieve a more moderate ratio of 11:21 (0.524). There might be other ratios to consider, such as ratio of cards that change opponent to defense, ratio of tribute monsters, ratio of trap cards (for a deck with Diskblade) etc. Point is there are ratios that aren't possible in 20 decks and we don't know the best ratios.

And don't forget the best Launching fusing Catapult Turtle with Dragon Champion to launch at your Floatation Ring

Just hit plat, what sr did you guys get? I kinda want another Econ but i feel like its a waste if i can just get it from kaiba

ded

>Red Eyes is best with Kaiba
>Blue Eyes is best with Joey
Someone fucked up.

Not so fast I use Reborn the Monster to revive this thread from the graveyard

w-what is this meme magic?

on a sidenote: fucking bakura finally dropped one of his new SR for the fucking first time for me. Yes even during the first time that shithead was around I did not get anything new from him. but finally now! (apk fag btw)

Do you guys think limiting certain cards will be enough to shake up the current meta or will it just shift over and something else will take it's place

tea shitters will even get worse
instead of ftk or otk it'll be a stalling shitfest

>going for "10 fusions" mission
>my 1 polymerization is on bottom of the deck every time

The Restructor limit will certainly hinder Tea degeneracy, good riddance

>still at mission, material at bottom of deck
>npc negates my poly
wtf jess

Ahhh fuck you you lucky fuck. Who even runs this card.

Shit.

MAXIMUM OVERSKULL just hit Plat 1 WITHOUT Beast of Talwar.
I added one very cheeky card that's been pushing through all my wins.

[Spoiler] Makiu, the Magical Mist [/spoiler]

: ^ )

saw a 3SD using it. seems actually a pretty good effect

>Thea and Weevil burn are super common
>why would anybody run this card?
I wonder user